Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin (2170 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Viola Onwuliri's Son Beats Wife, Locks Her Up In The Bathroom - Pointblanknews / Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Abagworo(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2011
Power show Jonathan locks Oshiomhole out of Benin By Our Reporter Sunday, February 27 , 2011 In an apparent display of presidential powers, Dr Goodluck Jonathan,  yesterday locked out the Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, some of his aides as well as other commercial passengers from Benin City, where ironically Oshiomhole is chief executive.   The President’s security apparatus, The Sun learnt, simply shut down the Benin airspace over what it called ‘VIP’ movement.  President Jonathan was said to be returning from neighbouring Delta State where he had gone for campaigns for the forthcoming April polls. So, for over 45 minutes, after it got to Benin, the Air Nigeria plane, which left the domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport at 8.30 am,  hovered in the skies, unable to land.  Running dangerously low on fuel, the pilot had to return to Lagos, amid hisses and curses by enraged passengers, many of whom had different engagements to catch up with in Benin, Warri, and neighbouring cities. Oshiomhole, himself, was returning from Lagos where he had gone to attend The Sun Man of the Year Award as a special guest and was billed to address a campaign rally in Owan local government area of the state. Oshiomhole, it was gathered, had left his hotel suite at Victoria Island as early as 7.30 am in order to beat the traffic and meet the early morning flight.  He did not reckon he would be trapped in the air due to the now notorious  ‘VIP’ movement. He and the other stranded passengers eventually took the rescheduled flight at noon. Even though Oshiomhole refused to speak on the incident, other embarrassed and enraged passengers, who spoke to The Sun condemned the tyrannical practice of shutting down the airspace in the guise of VIP movement. John, a chattered accountant, who was on the flight said: “This kind of uncivilised behaviour must stop.  We are not in the jungle.  How can you shut down the airspace because the president, vice-president, senate president
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by homerac7: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2011
Na wa o, i hope d traffic jam in Lagos yesterday ws not because of his visit too.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:33am On Feb 27, 2011
Wow. Again? You think with the internet savvy nature of this administration they would have noticed the backlash from the Lagos debacle.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Beaf: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2011
I don't think anything can save Nigeria from these lockups, because there are pockets of extreme ethnic bigotry that make the Presidents security a matter to be taken very seriously.

We shouldn't be too quick to forget how he was openly warned that he would be shot by snipers if he laid the wreath for the unknown soldier. He braved it, but that shouldn't happen everyday. So until some Nigerians stop the shocking displays of ethnic hatred, we will continue to have our airspace closed.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Abagworo(m): 9:55am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

I don't think anything can save Nigeria from these lockups, because there are pockets of extreme ethnic bigotry that make the Presidents security a matter to be taken very seriously.

We shouldn't be too quick to forget how he was openly warned that he would be shot by snipers if he laid the wreath for the unknown soldier. He braved it, but that shouldn't happen everyday. So until some Nigerians stop the shocking displays of ethnic hatred, we will continue to have our airspace closed.

You represent our Presido wrongly.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by 9ijaMan: 9:56am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

Your comments always reek of someone on some high drug. I thought your benefactor Jonathan is loved by everyone. A man loved by all should be able to mix freely amongst his s called people na. Obviously your benefactor is not as popular as you and your ilks have been claiming spamming NL with gabbage.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Beaf: 10:00am On Feb 27, 2011
9ijaMan:

Your comments always reek of someone on some high drug. I thought your benefactor Jonathan is loved by everyone. A man loved by all should be able to mix freely amongst his s called people na. Obviously your benefactor is not as popular as you and your ilks have been claiming spamming NL with gabbage.

Do you love him? Or are you always dreaming of your vicious new militia and love for Henry Okah?

Dimwit. You talk like a fool always. Did you actually have milk as a kid, cos you've grown up all wrong. grin
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by FACE(m): 10:16am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

Shutting down the air space because of presidential movement (if that was the case)was an extreme and callous measure, which GEJ might not have been aware of or if he was aware of that , shows lack of good judgement on his part.

Shutting down an air space without warning could lead to loss of lives and heavy economic losses. Reports show that most air crashes are a result of human error.

I also support GEJ, but it becomes a tough job at times to defend some issues surrounding him, don't you think so ?
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by temmytanny(m): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2011
dat was how we spent 4hours standstill in VI when he came to launch a book in january. Even when clinton visited Naija years back,there were free movement. This isnt good at all,
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by 9ijaMan: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2011
FACE:

Shutting down the air space because of presidential movement (if that was the case)was an extreme and callous measure, which GEJ might not have been aware of or if he was aware of that , shows lack of good judgement on his part.

Shutting down an air space without warning could lead to loss of lives and heavy economic losses. Reports show that most air crashes are a result of human error.

I also support  GEJ, but it becomes a tough job at times to defend some issues surrounding him, don't you think so ?

temmytanny:

dat was how we spent 4hours standstill in VI when he came to launch a book in january. Even when clinton visited Naija years back,there were free movement. This isnt good at all,

It's obvious that the GEJ you are supporting does not give a hoot about what happens to you. Your support for such a leader will only perpetuate this tyranny. Your support for GEJ will definitely make us to continue to go through many more shut downs and the type of sacrilege witnessed by the whole world yesterday when  our Government put a rubber stamp on corruption. How else can any one in his sane mind explain the grand reception given to Bode George, a felon, after he got out of jail yesterday.

You haven't seen anything yet o! Many more shutdowns are coming our way if we allow this tyranny to continue.

Shine your eyes and don't throw the future of Nigeria and your generations unborn into the hands of PDP.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Vigilante: 10:40am On Feb 27, 2011
@Beaf, you have surpassed Ciroma and co in playing this ethnic card. Is it tit for tat?
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Beaf: 10:42am On Feb 27, 2011
9ijaMan:

It's obvious that the GEJ you are supporting does not give a hoot about what happens to you. Your support for such a leader will only perpetuate this tyranny. Your support for GEJ will definitely make us to continue to go through many more shut downs and the type of sacrilege witnessed by the whole world yesterday when  our Government put a rubber stamp on corruption. How else can any one in his sane mind explain the grand reception given to Bode George, a felon, after he got out of jail yesterday.

You haven't seen anything yet o! Many more shutdowns are coming our way if we allow this tyranny to continue.

Shine your eyes and don't throw the future of Nigeria and your generations unborn into the hands of PDP.

I guess Bode George closed the airspace. Why is it so hard to stick to the topic, are you already tired this morning? grin
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Beaf: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2011
FACE:

I also support GEJ, but it becomes a tough job at times to defend some issues surrounding him, don't you think so ?

The security cordon arround GEJ is extremly tight and for good reason. The way the cordon is set up is something GEJ himself has complained about (then the very same people sneering here, sneered as well), especially when his cousins arm was broken, but the NSA knows best.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by 9ijaMan: 10:47am On Feb 27, 2011
Vigilante:

@Beaf, you have surpassed Ciroma and co in playing this ethnic card. Is it bosom for tat?  
Abeg ignore the dolt of a guy. He's earning a living typing all those thrash. Beaf na political jobber working for team GEJ who's sole job is to remain online 24/7 to spam NL with bigoted comments and outright falsehood. Just pretend he does not exist.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Beaf: 10:50am On Feb 27, 2011
9ijaMan:

Abeg ignore the dolt of a guy. He's earning a living typing all those thrash. Beaf na political jobber working for team GEJ who's sole job is to remain online 24/7 to spam NL with bigoted comments and outright falsehood. Just pretend he does not exist.

You're like a programmed robot, no sense just foolish instinct. . . At mention of GEJ, pick up stone, throw stone, pick up stone, throw stone. . . grin grin grin grin grin
Zombie.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Gbawe: 11:12am On Feb 28, 2011
Ha ha ha ha .  An accidental opportunist behaving in an anti-people manner ? What else is new ? The like of Fashola are baning the use of siren and deliberately moving away from practices that intimidate the electorate and make like difficult for the average man yet all we get from GEJ is "more of the same" emperor posturing . Is it not this same President that saw a taxi driver languishing in jail for over three months because he "crashed" into the convoy of Mr. President when it was most likely the incompetence of Jonathan's  security details that were at fault in the first place?  Nothing is random with GEJ. All we see are indicators of a President , possibly very callous , who is not bothered about the plight of others. Below is the link to the Taxi driver thread when I stated that Jonathan is at ease with dictatorial behaviour:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520295.0.html

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/27/522.html

Even though Oshiomhole refused to speak on the incident, other embarrassed and enraged passengers, who spoke to The Sun condemned the tyrannical practice of shutting down the airspace in the guise of VIP movement.

John, a chattered accountant, who was on the flight said: “This kind of uncivilised behaviour must stop. We are not in the jungle. How can you shut down the airspace because the president, vice-president, senate president or speaker of the House is airborne? What if we had run out of fuel and had a crash? Is the president’s life more precious than that of the ordinary citizen? What kind of oppression by man against his fellow man is this? This nonsense cannot continue.”

Another passenger, who preferred anonymity, said: “It is only in this country you have this kind of behaviour. What if we had had a crash? God forbid. I was terribly scared.

“The president must apologise for this uncivilised conduct. We are tired of government officials behaving as if they are more important than the people who put them there. They just behave like emperors. It is a shame!”
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2011
[size=28pt]fresh air 2011!!!![/size]

maybe they will tint the windows of his plane next
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by potofsoup: 11:21am On Feb 28, 2011
why do people find it easy throwing stones at people for supporting GEJ? Is NairaLand only meant for anti GEJs? Why should differing opinion result in personal attacks? Sob!

What will you do if Buhari or Ribadu loose out in April? Set the entire country on fire, or kill everyone you know who is pro GEJ? Serious?
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 28, 2011
Even though Oshiomhole refused to speak on the incident, other embarrassed and enraged passengers, who spoke to The Sun condemned the tyrannical practice of shutting down the airspace in the guise of VIP movement.

John, a chattered accountant, who was on the flight said: “This kind of uncivilised behaviour must stop. We are not in the jungle. How can you shut down the airspace because the president, vice-president, senate president or speaker of the House is airborne? What if we had run out of fuel and had a crash? Is the president’s life more precious than that of the ordinary citizen? What kind of oppression by man against his fellow man is this? This nonsense cannot continue.”

Another passenger, who preferred anonymity, said: “It is only in this country you have this kind of behaviour. What if we had had a crash? God forbid. I was terribly scared.

“The president must apologise for this uncivilised conduct. We are tired of government officials behaving as if they are more important than the people who put them there. They just behave like emperors. It is a shame!”

they will have 'died for democracy'. expect another disgraceful photo op with the grand dame in all her finery , telling bereaved nigerians bs about their avoidable loss
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by onemopol: 11:30am On Feb 28, 2011
Gbawe:

Ha ha ha ha .  An accidental opportunist behaving in an anti-people manner ? What else is new ? The like of Fashola are baning the use of siren and deliberately moving away from practices that intimidate the electorate and make like difficult for the average man yet all we get from GEJ is "more of the same" emperor posturing . Is it not this same President that saw a taxi driver languishing in jail for over three months because he "crashed" into the convoy of Mr. President when it was most likely the incompetence of Jonathan's  security details that were at fault in the first place?  Nothing is random with GEJ. All we see are indicators of a President , possibly very callous , who is not bothered about the plight of others. Below is the link to the Taxi driver thread when I stated that Jonathan is at ease with dictatorial behaviour:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-520295.0.html

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/27/522.html

My friend be real here. What has actually changed in Lagos since fashola banned the use of sirens? Where are the ones that still daily harrass us on Lagos roads come from?
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by hercules07: 11:38am On Feb 28, 2011
@omo mopol

The people that use siren are from other states or police men or ambulance or military commanders who feel that they are not under Fashola, I have been with Fashola in a traffic situation and no siren was blown.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Gbawe: 11:47am On Feb 28, 2011
one mopol:

My friend be real here. What has actually changed in Lagos since fashola banned the use of sirens? Where are the ones that still daily harrass us on Lagos roads come from?

Well, by your reasoning leaders should simply not bother then. They should just carry on bullying the populace as shamefully as those before them did because "what will actually change"? All it takes for evil to thrive is for a few good men to do nothing. Change will  not come in a day but little actions , from genuinely sincere and competent leaders, will move us towards civility in the end. I remember a friend who had been abroad for a long time visiting Lagos last after ten years last year. He could not believe the orderly queues for the BRT and the better general conducts of Lagosians. I explained Fashola's leadership principles and policies to him . In the end we both concluded that if leadership is aware, civilised and responsible the same trickles down to the populace in the end.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by onemopol: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2011
hercules07:

@omo mopol

The people that use siren are from other states or police men or ambulance or military commanders who feel that they are not under Fashola, I have been with Fashola in a traffic situation and no siren was blown.

So the speaker of the Lagos house IKUFORIJI(or whatever his name is? who recently bullied that actress  is from another state too?

Gbawe:

Well, by your reasoning leaders should simply not bother then. They should just carry on bullying the populace as shamefully as those before them did because "what will actually change"? All it takes for evil to thrive is for a few good men to do nothing. Change will not come in a day but little actions , from genuinely sincere and competent leaders, will move us towards civility in the end. I remember a friend who had been abroad for a long time visiting Lagos last after ten years last year. He could not believe the orderly queues for the BRT and the better general conducts of Lagosians. I explained Fashola's leadership principles and policies to him . In the end we both concluded that if leadership is aware, civilised and responsible the same trickles down to the populace in the end.

I simply asked what has changed and you came up with this epistle. Save your sermon please. Is it a law just for the pages of the Newspaper or to just look good? If things are done properly there must be sanctions for offenders and visible signs of massive ipmrovement.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Gbawe: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2011
one mopol:

I simply asked what has changed and you came up with this epistle. Save your sermon please. Is it a law just for the pages of the Newspaper or to just look good? If things are done properly there must be sanctions for offenders and visible signs of massive ipmrovement.

We have to praise the effort and good initiatives/policies even if implementation is not entirely satisfactory. My point is that you seem to be saying that Fashola should not have bothered. He did the right thing even if others are still behing the Lagos Governor mentally. Precedents of good and desirable leadership actons should emanate from the top of the tree. All we see from Jonathan always is "more of the same" conduct.

When has Jonathan done anything that has gained unanimous praise from all Nigerians as a desirable, principled and visionary change? Instead his Government seems to be about the retrogressive excesses and practices of the past. If GEJ is not 'padding' the budget, leading the re-election attempts of election riggers and OGD is not getting away with legislative rascality it is Okey Ndibe being detained , gestapo-style, upon arrival in Nigeria.  I am not at all surprised GEJ would put his selfish interest ahead of what is best . We have all seen him doing this on many occasions.
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
Beaf: I don't think anything can save Nigeria from these lockups, because there are pockets of extreme ethnic bigotry that make the Presidents security a matter to be taken very seriously.

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=7809133&topic=613001
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
a narrow escape from the drunken reaper
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by CyberG: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
BUMP! BUMP!

Na today? This is where umbellerlera wife learned how to commandeer the Nigerian airspace putting hundreds of other people in danger!
Re: Jonathan Locks Oshiomhole Out Of Benin by ikeyman00(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
^^^ if jon has Yoruba as deputy who that maks a diffeence lipsrsealed

offenmmanu take it easy; its hard for all of us

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Governor Flees Government House, Embarks On Spiritual Cleansing / There’s A Grand Christian Conspiracy Against Nigerian Muslims, JNI Claims / We’ll Go Ahead With Demolition Of 10,288 Houses In Mpape - FCT Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.