Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media (178 Views)

13 Ways You Can Make Money With Your Car / Five Creative Ways You Can Make Money Online / 3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
If you use Instagram or Facebook, you already know the winning forms of content are pictures and videos.

If you sell products, that is an opportunity waiting to be exploited.

There a lot of ways to present your products better on social media - but i will be picking just three (from experience and general observation)

Stay with me please
Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
And so it begins!

Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
No. 1

I have noticed a trend with just starting small businesses that sell products like shoes, bags and the likes - and this is what they get wrong.

They keep spamming their social media accounts with photos that are not relatable - you see this when they use a white model to advertise for Nigerians.

Or they lift copyrighted Google images of bags that do not look the same when sold.

What most Nigerians consider when buying anything is how it looks on another of their kind.

Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
No. 2

Hungry sellers present their products as mere objects and not solutions.

Smart sellers present theirs as a solution to a problem and may not need to add a price tag to a product before it gets sold.

I will give an example in a bit of how you present your product as an object with specs and how you present it as a benefit .

Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
Example 1

A wedding ring presented as nothing but an object

Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
Example 2

A wedding ring being presented as a benefit

Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
No. 3

I hate this advice because i am video-shy.

But here is something i don't play with - it is the fact that trending pieces of content as of recent is almost always in video format.

So if you sell skin care products, consider working on a video that shows how it is being used.

What does Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, Snapchat, YouTube, all have in common ?

VIDEOS

Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2020
Bonus

Try to take quality pictures, you may not have a camera like the professionals but your mobile phone is powerful too

A highly recommended photo editing app is Snapseed

To get enhanced images, consider purchasing backdrops or better lighting equipments - some come in affordable prices

PS: I made the designs you are seeing with my mobile phone
Re: 3 Ways You Can Make Your Nigerian Product Look Better On Social Media by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thanks for reading! Support anyone you know that may need this information by sharing this post with them

If you think i tried to put this together, feel free to let me know in the comments

(1) (Reply)

'Thank You' Stickers Available. / Cosmetic Containers In Abuja - Victor Oscar Company / Reg Portal For Msmes Survival Funds Unavailable Hours After It Was Meant To Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.