Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? (1259 Views)

An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / GEJ's Ramadan Message To Nigerian Muslims / Why You Don't Hear Southern Nigerian Muslims Responses On National Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by Araboy(m): 10:10pm On Feb 27, 2011
I am well traveled and love people from every race and creed but have noticed that Nigerian Muslims don't make good friends just wondering why?
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by gcsay(f): 10:58pm On Feb 27, 2011
i really dont think that s true, maybe the person you met just happens 2 be different or moody, undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by miftaudeen(m): 12:01am On Feb 28, 2011
that should not be true,go to the midst of muslims u will discover unity and love cos is our tradition.
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by Araboy(m): 3:30am On Feb 28, 2011
When I say Nigerian Muslims I mean Hausa /Fulani and Yoruba I sense that they  are not as cool as Igbo Efik Edo Calabari or Ijaw and believe me I have met more than one
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by azharuddin: 6:15am On Feb 28, 2011
Stereotyping a whole community based on interacting with a few is not exactly credible. All communities have good and bad people. But hey you are entitled to have your own opinion.
Well opinions are like 'fart'. Some are silent, some are noisy, some are smelly but they dont last long ; )
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by Araboy(m): 6:29am On Feb 28, 2011
So what kind of opinions  you fart? if you are not Nigerian don't bother يا هند ي
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by azharuddin: 9:12am On Feb 28, 2011
Araboy:

So what kind of opinions  you fart?

All kinds of em lol,
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by izystount: 9:19am On Feb 28, 2011
dat nt true,we deal wit reliable people&we respect ourselves. angry angry angry
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by vedaxcool(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2011
@op i met an Ibo man in ABJ who is into some sort of business and he made this assertion that he prefered hirinrg Hausa and northerners generally because they tend to be more honest and reliable than his people in the south, to me you assertion is baseless, be it Hausa or Yoruba, a Muslims is generally friendly and trustworthy unless you to say let go have some bear then you will not find him friendly at all and like my brother said:

azharuddin:

Stereotyping a whole community based on interacting with a few is not exactly credible. All communities have good and bad people. But hey you are entitled to have your own opinion.
Well opinions are like 'fart'. Some are silent, some are noisy, some are smelly but they dont last long ; )
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by ifyalways(f): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2011
azharuddin:

me Likey wink
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by justdtruth: 12:03pm On Mar 03, 2011
I can not be nice and friendly with you when you come to me with filth and indecency. I have decided never to be defensive and would advice that brothers and sisters should not be defensive whenever people ask questions like this. rather , let us demand an explaination on the circumstances that surround their experience.

When an immoral person comes to me blowing the dust of his rusty heart all over the place, insulting my sensibilities by questioning and condemning my values while demanding i accept his indecent ways and celebrate his obsessive inequity and obviously, I see that he has been trained to demand what he can not give. if i decide to give him a breathing space cos of course, i can not force him to change his ways, would you say i am not being nice and friendly.

if you feel people are not being nice to you, ask yourself, what have i done or what are my doing wrongly
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by macomrades(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
justdtruth:

I can not be nice and friendly with you when you come to me with filth and indecency. I have decided never to be defensive and would advice that brothers and sisters should not be defensive whenever people ask questions like this. rather , let us demand an explaination on the circumstances that surround their experience.

When an immoral person comes to me blowing the dust of his rusty heart all over the place, insulting my sensibilities by questioning and condemning my values while demanding i accept his indecent ways and celebrate his obsessive inequity and obviously, I see that he has been trained to demand what he can not give. if i decide to give him a breathing space cos of course, i can not force him to change his ways, would you say i am not being nice and friendly.

if you feel people are not being nice to you, ask yourself, what have i done or what are my doing wrongly

[size=8pt]I concur.[/size]
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by Araboy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2011
Last two posters your attitudes were same ones I was talking about
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by macomrades(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2011
Araboy:

Everyone will have a bad day every now and then, maybe you have unfortunately been lucky to meet muslims when they rather not meet you. Btw, you are the exception and not the rule and why stereotype muslims?? Learn to deal with people on a case-by-case basis and stop judging me because my brother had a bad day and appeared unfriendly to you for I can also point to unfriendly christians but I cannot assume that all christians are unfriendly. Peace.
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by justdtruth: 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2011
Araboy:

Can you tell us about your personality?

seriously, cos your response shows you probably have the symptoms i described. and believe me, if you have that kind of personality, no GOOD PERSON no matter their religion and where they come from would be friendly with you.

Nobody dressed in white will sit with a blacksmith in his workshop
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by azharuddin: 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
Brothers lets not turn this to an argument. lolz. We have much better things to do wink
Salaam.
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by vedaxcool(m): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
^^^^

Yes we do. salaam grin
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by misterh(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2011
Ur experience abt muslims not being friendly depends on wat u approached dem 4. moreova, it might just b dia personality
Re: Why Nigerian Muslims Are Not Nice And Friendly As Their Xtians Compatriotes? by congoshine(m): 5:48pm On Mar 04, 2011
I think his signature says it all. . . . . . . cry cry

(1) (Reply)

There's Still Goodness In The Ummah / A Devout Muslim’s Powerful Journey To Christ: An Interview With Nabeel Qureshi / Humans Are Wicked - Woman Stoned For Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.