Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water (994 Views)

Battery-draining Apps You Should Get Rid Of / Possible Solution To Tecno Y2 Battery, Draining Fast. / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by maestro015: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2020
Good morning guys, I have this infinix hot 6 pro I bought sometime in 2018, recently I had issues with the battery; it got swollen, stays at hundred for like and hour and runs like water after that, sometimes offs even at 80% so I decided to change it.
now I bought this new battery (I actually saw when the repair guy bought it from a shop) but the new battery is somewhat similar to the old one. it just drains so fast infact even if you're not using it it will continue to drain.
I don't know if the problem is from the battery or the phone. anyone had similar issues with a new phone battery?
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Leonidas8(m): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2020
maestro015:
Good morning guys, I have this infinix hot 6 pro I bought sometime in 2018, recently I had issues with the battery; it got swollen, stays at hundred for like and hour and runs like water after that, sometimes offs even at 80% so I decided to change it.
now I bought this new battery (I actually saw when the repair guy bought it from a shop) but the new battery is somewhat similar to the old one. it just drains so fast infact even if you're not using it it will continue to drain.
I don't know if the problem is from the battery or the phone. anyone had similar issues with a new phone battery?
The new battery is probably a fake. Seems you'll have to buy another battery.

1 Like

Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by CuteMike01(m): 8:57am On Sep 21, 2020
Use out of the money you intend to repair it to swap it for a better phone. End of story
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Asianjollof007: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2020
How much did you change the battery? My hot 7 has similar issue.
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by opera1(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Leonidas8:
The new battery is probably a fake. Seems you'll have to buy another battery.

No, it's not a batry problem but d phone.
My younger broda is xperiencing similar issue on his Tecno L9plus currently. he has bought 3 new batteries d problem stil persist.
It's A PHONE PROBLEM & NOT A BATTERY.
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Kingsean(m): 11:02am On Sep 21, 2020
I'm having the same issue now. My phone battery is swollen and it drains like hell. It shuts down at 80% sef. I've checked many reviews about this and i found out that the battery is the culprit and not the phone. A swollen battery would find it hard to hold a charge because its just building up gases. It could even explode with continuous charging. I'll get a new battery today. D battery sef don try. 2yrs
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Kingsean(m): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2020
opera1:

No, it's not a batry problem but d phone.
My younger broda is xperiencing similar issue on his Tecno L9plus currently. he has bought 3 new batteries d problem stil persist.
It's A PHONE PROBLEM & NOT A BATTERY.

Those batteries are fake. I can assure u of that. There are many fake tecno batteries in d market. If u want to know how legit ur tecno battery is, just open ur opera browser and scan d Qr code on d battery. I did this at sapon in abk when i was using tecno some years back and i discovered that all d batteries in that section of the market were fake. Fake batteries are more than original ones in Nigeria market.
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by SKhanmi: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2020
Kingsean:

Those batteries are fake. I can assure u of that. There are many fake tecno batteries in d market. If u want to know how legit ur tecno battery is, just open ur opera browser and scan d Qr code on d battery. I did this at sapon in abk when i was using tecno some years back and i discovered that all d batteries in that section of the market were fake. Fake batteries are more than original ones in Nigeria market.

Did you eventually get a genuine one? and where?
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Kingsean(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
SKhanmi:

Did you eventually get a genuine one? and where?

yeah i got a very good one from jumia then tho i dont use d tecno phone anymore. that was 2016

ive given an engineer this my present phone to fix a new battery. i paid 4k and i am expecting him in the next one hour... typing from my PC
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by maestro015: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kingsean:

yeah i got a very good one from jumia then tho i dont use d tecno phone anymore. that was 2016

ive given an engineer this my present phone to fix a new battery. i paid 4k and i am expecting him in the next one hour... typing from my PC

how do you know if it's fake or original after scanning
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Kingsean(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
maestro015:

how do you know if it's fake or original after scanning

It would go straight to the website of the company and it would be boldly written there whether its original or a fake battery
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Kingsean(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sorry i forgot to say that i have gotten a new battery for my phone. The engineer brought it back that same day. I'm in love with this battery. My phone feels new again. So guys if u have a swollen battery and u notice unusual drains, just replace the battery quickly as prolonged use of swollen battery could cause explosion. Also give ur phone to a trusted engineer
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Leonidas8(m): 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2020
Kingsean:
Sorry i forgot to say that i have gotten a new battery for my phone. The engineer brought it back that same day. I'm in love with this battery. My phone feels new again. So guys if u have a swollen battery and u notice unusual drains, just replace the battery quickly as prolonged use of swollen battery could cause explosion. Also give ur phone to a trusted engineer
Nice one.
Re: My New Phone Battery Draining Like Water by Emeka71(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2020
maestro015:
The issue is not with the battery but with the phone power IC.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Favorite Fingerprint Sensor Position / Very Clean Mi Note 10lite 6/128 / 2k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.