Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? (29481 Views)

Obaseki Remain Partyless As Pdp Rejects / 2019: Election Will Be Walkover For PDP In Niger –IBB / "2019 Election Will Be Inconclusive" – Abdulrahman Mohammed, Ex-Spy Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by MarthaGlobal: 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2020
You mumu no be,
Small. I don't know why you always Cary other peoole matter on yiur head. Who told you Ondo state is underslavery? Even you in your family, you can't guaranteed that the governance of your home is free from slavery you are there with borrowed data saying rubish... No face your home. Poor people always complain...
Kriss216:
How Oshiomhole single-handedly gave Edo to PDP is God's plan.

Ondo State is a Yoruba state. It's time they say NO to slavery. If they want Liberation, we're here for them. We can't force liberation on anyone.

PDP is coming stronger for 2023.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Obaseki will very likely find his way back to APC but whether or not Obaseki remains in PDP, PDP is finished as party. That Obaseki came from APC to dislodge their candidate just shows PDP is finished. PDP should not rejoice too much because as it is they are just a stepping stone for aggreived members of APC.

Having said that, Edo has dealt Tinubu a big body blow. If he is wise he should forget his presidential ambition.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by mastertek: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nwaide01:
You guys will just sit behind your keyboard and be typing rubbish, south east the poverty capital of the South, which south east state have been to?and which criteria do you use to arrive at this your permutation? is it money, housing, roads, education or what because I don't know any region in Nigeria that ranks above the SE in the above mentioned criteria.

I don't normally reply on nairaland, but everyone knows what you denied. Because new southeastern board a bus everyday to another state in this country, especially south west, so if south east is that habitable, hospitable or industrialist, people will be troop in there, not the opposite
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by FatherD: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=richiemcgold post=94151398][/quote] that is very correct tinubu have never had his way in ondo
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by orisa37: 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
IF TINUBU & OSIOMHOLE DEFECT TO PDP
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by jaxxy(m): 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:

Ondo State is a Yoruba state. It's time they say NO to slavery. If they want Liberation, we're here for them. We can't force liberation on anyone.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

It’s not about Apc Or Pdp. It’s qbo Good governance. Obaseki was in Apc b4. Lol
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by heendrix(m): 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
Okuda:

Are you not fooolish? International organizations are saying your whole nation is the poverty captial of the world, yet, you are like, no o, in the south its SE. you think SE is poor? you must be a fooolish mad man.

Bros be calming down haha grin
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Ijaya123: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mikecold:
I get your point but pdp is not a lawless party without roadmap.

Things can only change in the case of uncertainty not when the map is open

Would Philip force himself on pdp Edo

Please what is the roadmap of PDP?
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by molbic(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
JAMO84:
PDP that has made SE the poverty capital of the south is the liberation you're talking about?
. Travel you said no you choose to remain in one cave in Oshogbo , tell me one state apart from Lagos that is better than any state in south east . It is under this stupid APC that Nigeria became the poverty capital of the world , under the same Apc that Nigeria became second in the world terrorism index infact Nigerian is now a failed state under the same party but people like you will never see the truth and embrace it.killing , maiming, rape everywhere even Countries at war never had it this bad

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by feedthenation(m): 5:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
Obaseki should care more about providing governance to Edo, and care less about political parties APC=PDP, PDP=APC
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by vRendoh(m): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

Make una leave Ambode joor..shame on lagosians ! Make dem learn from Edo people. A leader strength is his people....when he no see crowd nothing he fit do
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by BIGGESThead6: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
Truth801:
Oh !!! it's now a different song. No longer Obaseki will be defeated in the election. I sorry for u

Expect a new Supreme Court Governor in few months time. grin angry grin grin

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by fireback: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
OBASEKI should remain in PDP and rather play UMAHI's style of politics to avoid betrayal.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Uncleodi(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
fireback:
OBASEKI should remain in PDP and rather play UMAHI's style of politics to avoid betrayal.

What kind of politics does Umahi play?
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by heendrix(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Uncleodi:

20. And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Adam’s stead.
21. Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22. The new Governor had called upon the people saying, ” he wants your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and I say it shall stand.
23. And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Oshomiole, what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24. “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long.
25.for yes! he has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his reign must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26. And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27. On the fourth year of the month and on the day when a new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had come forth and said “here I am, I will go. And Adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28. Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Oshomiole, who shall we go with?.
29. Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before, how turneth he now leper?.
30. For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the Lord that endureth forever.
31. And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32. that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33. And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Benin to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

mehnn guyy u too tryy
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Uncleodi(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
heendrix:

mehnn guyy u too tryy

Ah swear
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Passionate888: 6:09pm On Sep 21, 2020
Awol1:

I watched AIT interview of Wike and he dodged speaking ill of Tinubu throughout the interview.

From that moment, I've been suspecting Wike.

Maybe he's interested in cutting dealings with Tinubu before 2023.
The Amaechi faction will wrest power from Tinubu, that's when Wike will extend a hand to him
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Protein0: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lifestone:

These are the types of comments the irritates us as Yorubas. What do you mean that you want to liberate us? Thats insulting, we are the one in pole position to liberate any tribe in Nigeria.
What do you mean by slavery, because we dont share the same political philosophy? Geez.
I swear, I read some comments and just laugh.
If there are tribes that can not be politically enslaved, I think the Yorubas are among. The godfatherism thing is exaggerated.

Mimiko ran on an obscure platform in 2007. He ran against the major powerbrokers in the west then... OBJ(a sitting president) and Tinubu. He won, was rigged out and he headed to the courts where his mandate was returned. He won his re election convincingly but same him could not win a senatorial seat in 2019.

If godfatherism in SW were to be how they paint it here, 2018 Osun guber poll should not have been how it went. The same people who, despite the heavy militarisation and widespread vote buying in 2014 voted APC overwhelmingly, voted against the same party in 2018 before it was tipped towards run off. The opposition played a bad game, otherwise, the level of rejection the electorate showed was enough for any serious opposition to have worked with to win that state.

Ekiti, Ogun, Oyo have all had governors from leading parties in the country. Infact, half of the SW states conduct isolated guber polls courtesy of thorough court cases to reclaim mandates.

If things were exactly as being painted here, the opposition shouldn't be getting the kind of votes they get in Lagos. It's very easy to say the multicultural nature of Lagos coupled with the level of voters' apathy there are major reasons for Lagos being the only SW state that has only been governed by a party since 1999.
The West doesn't really care about who you are, they reject you once you fail them. Tinubu sef know the level of opposition he will face in the West. A westerner being in the race isn't a guarantee that he will be supported at home.

PMB didn't win with a landslide in SW in 2019. His margin of victory was as low as less than 10k in some of the states.
SW has always had the kind of political liberation some other zones now begin to enjoy. There have always been opposition in the SW. Remove opposition from democracy, what you have will be dictatorship kinda governance. That freedom of association with the opposition exist well in the West.

What most people also fail to know is that having a SWner at the centre isn't really a plus for the SW. It didn't bring anything spectacular in Obj's 8years and Osinbajo's 6 years (and still counting) as VP.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Goke7: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Uncleodi:

Let me help you, pdp by day and APC by night. That man nah real niggar
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by fireback: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
Uncleodi:

umahi is a mole, he's an APC member in PDP.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Timfreds(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2020
Uncleodi:
*The Book of Edo Chapter 1 vs 1 – 34.*

1. Now, it came to pass, In that period when men chose their rulers, after the reign of Lucky the son of Igbenedion. A certain man arose from the mount of Auchi whose name was Adams the son of Oshomiole.
2. It was he who was the chief of the publicans and a leader of labour. Later he had become Governor over all the province. And Adams abode as governor for eight years in Edo.
3. Behold, during his reign, the man Adams had excelled in speech and uttered many fierce and lofty words.
4. And his oration was honey and wine to the hearts of the people.
5. He ruled the city with a mighty hand and prophesied with a loud voice unto the four walls of the cities; the North, the South, East and West, saying;
6. “Woe unto the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchies, to the men who have exalted themselves over this city as gods over men.
7. “Again I say woe onto them. “For as the day wipeth out the night, I Adams the son of Oshomiole shall flush out their reigns, and seize their loin cloth.
8 “With a heavy rod shall I chase them out, and they shall run. I shall break their brass gates, and set their iron bars asunder. And it was so.
9. That at the end of the eight year, wherefore Oshomiole was to complete his reign, a man called Godwin the son of Obaseki had exalted himself saying, "I will be governor.
10. At the same time, Iyamu the son of Ize had also exalted himself and said i will be governor.
11. Adams had looked up the face of Obaseki and took his hand and kissed it and spake with a voice saying “fear not, for I am with you, oh thy faithful servant, I shall bear you upon my wings, thy mouth shall speak good tidings, and in my stead thou shalt reign.
12. And it came to pass, when the due season for contest came. Adams and Godwin went together in one accord, to the outskirts of the cities to the tabernacles, to the villages, and to every field.
13. Lo, Adams had held his companion's hand saying with a loud voice; “Oh cities of Edo hear ye my counsel, Oh land of my inheritance, bear thy comrade’s witness, for this is the man whom thou shall vote for, a faithful and just man!
14. “Begone from the man Iyamu for he is vain and double faced.
15. Cast not thy votes for him for his mouth is slack.
16 Ye! he has put on the loin cloth of a saint but his heart is darker than widow’s ash.
17. Withdraw your firstborn sons from him, for he dines in the devil’s cult.
18. Withdraw thy daughters, for he is a deformer!
19. And it came to pass that many people had hearkened unto the voice of Adams the son of Oshomiole.
20. And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Adam’s stead.
21. Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22. The new Governor had called upon the people saying, ” he wants your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and I say it shall stand.
23. And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Oshomiole, what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24. “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long.
25.for yes! he has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his reign must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26. And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27. On the fourth year of the month and on the day when a new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had come forth and said “here I am, I will go. And Adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28. Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Oshomiole, who shall we go with?.
29. Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before, how turneth he now leper?.
30. For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the Lord that endureth forever.
31. And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32. that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33. And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Benin to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
Kudos to you, Guy.
You have something in you, cultivate it.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by okuta007: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
this APC and lies are like 5 & 6

Even after the resounding and brain resetting defeat they suffered in Edo - they are still peddling rumors.

I thought after election, no more campaign grin grin grin

SOME OF THE LIES APC TOLD IN THIS EDO ELECTION SEASON

1. Obaseki bought the PDP ticket with N6 billion

2. Obaseki bought the ticket with N15 billion

3. Obaseki bought the ticket with N30 billion --------------------------------- no proof, they talk about billions like it is 6, 15 or 30 million naira

4. Shaibu is fighting Obaseki over campaign money

5. Obaseki is fighting with his wife over APC

6. Shaibu will abandon Obaseki 3 days to the election

7. Federal might will ensure Obaseki is defeated

8. Ize Iyamu is a grassroot politician, Obaseki is no match for him ----------- hmmmmm, the taproot Acid man was beaten by 80,000+ votes grin

9. Obaseki's wife will declare for APC 48 hours to the election grin grin grin

10, Obaseki is negotiating for a safe landing after losing on the 19th hence he is not insulting Ize Iyamu

LIES LIES LIES everywhere - damn it - LATEST LIE from the APC Lie Factory - Obaseki will return to the snake pit called APC - nansense
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Mycommand: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
Senseless question!

Awol1:
The just concluded Edo governorship election defied several permutation and expectations of violence and Federal highhandedness to become one of the most credible, free, fair and violence free election Nigeria has ever had.

So many people have lent their voice on what they think must have made this possible, with some attributing it majorly to US visa ban and UK/EU threat of Visa ban and asset seizure.

Now, while not ruling out the role of the international community in making the election peaceful and credible, there's need to look at some local factors and political calculations that may have influenced the trajectory of the election.

First, the gang-up of some progressive governors against rediculing of sitting governors by powerful forces within the party. After it happened to Ambode, Oshiomole wanted to repeat it with Obaseki which prompted the protest of some of the APC governors who finally succeeded in booting out Oshiomole from the party Chairmanship. There's nogainsaying that some of these governors were still sympathetic to Obaseki's plight.

Second, with the tussle for 2023 already reaching a crescendo within the ruling party, APC has been dangerously divided into two, if not more, camps. The Tinubu camp and the Amaechi camp. Obaseki stood against the Tunubu camp which made him draw bulk of his support from the Amaechi camp even though he was in an opposition party. The idea of the Amaechi camp is to whittle down Tinubu's influence before the 2023 elections so as to boost their own chances.

Now, with both camps having their degree of relationship with the president, it's possible that it is the reason the Federal Govt chose to play neutral and let the people of Edo decide the fate of the two camps.

The big question however is, to what end? If politics is a game of interest like it's been severally defined, one will therefore not be wrong to think that there must be something in it for the Camp of APC that supported Obaseki. And if we recall, even after his defection from APC to PDP, Obaseki once released a video of him on a video call with the president. Doesnt all these things beg some questions?

So, considering that Obaseki seems to have left APC but those in APC didn't leave him, his touted cordial relationship with the president, and how agencies of govt involved in the elections maintained neutrality which aided his reelection, do you see Obaseki remaining in the PDP that went all out for him or do you see him returning to APC?

AWOL is a Nairalander and a servant to reason.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Okuda(m): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
heendrix:

Bros be calming down haha grin

omo men i no know how pwoplw dey think. where did he get the stats that SE are poor? because the states there dont get as much federal allocation and attention does not mean SE is poor. whatever we are losing from federal allocation there are alot more rich individuals and income per capita making up for the descrepancy.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by okuta007: 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

Expect a new Supreme Court Governor in few months time. grin angry grin grin

shame no dey catch you? well - you are going through the phases of grief

PHASE 1 : DENIAL grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by BIGGESThead6: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
okuta007:

shame no dey catch you? well - you are going through the phases of grief

PHASE 1 : DENIAL grin grin grin grin

Why I go shame, when Obaseki and PDP rigged the election.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Bizibi(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
Racoon:
The APC in Edo state & @ national level is currently enmeshed in multi-prongs crisis that it will take eternity to resolve.Even the primary that produced Ize Iyamu is still being contested in court.

So the worst mistake Godswin Obaseki can do is to defect back to the APC with a popular mandate that providence brought his way last Saturday.He will forever regret it.This is politics anyway where anything can happen.
it will be stupid for him to go back,he can only work with everyone irrespective of the political parties.there are some of his loyalists in apc and his relationship with buhari is still intact.

Obaseki is an open minded person and I have noticed that he doesn't segregate others because of political affiliations.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
Mikecold:
He would remain because apc is soaked in so many crisis local and national.

The deal was that Esan step down the turn they were supposed to have this year in pdp and get it in 2024

Which Esan.
Esaghihbedo.

Ishan wey be snake
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by okuta007: 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

Why I go shame, when Obaseki and PDP rigged the election.

hahahahahahhahaah - sifia pains grin
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by BIGGESThead6: 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
okuta007:

hahahahahahhahaah - sifia pains grin

I no go lie, the thing pain me oo. But I know Supreme Court will remove Ugly and incompetent Obaseki.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by NSK4U(m): 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lifestone:

These are the types of comments that irritates us as Yorubas. What do you mean that you want to liberate us? Thats insulting, we are the one in pole position to liberate any tribe in Nigeria.
What do you mean by slavery, because we dont share the same political philosophy? Geez.

Bro, you don't need to get irritated over fact. What you should do is try to say no to enslavement by anyone irrespective of his/her affluence. Igbos have always been at loggerhead with the Fulani caliphate whose intention has remained to subdue and continue to dictate for the rest of the country even when their intentions are not in synchrony with others. The Yorubas have always been supportive of one Nigeria which clearly they can't explain what one Nigeria has done for them since amalgamation. However, some few Yoruba Elders have come to realize the true meaning of one Nigeria but are still begging the issue with their clamour for restructuring.

Now, back to what the guy you quoted said, one acclaimed godfather has been holding the sway, personally chosing who to govern Yoruba states just because he governed Lagos State and has been feeding from the states resources since 1999. He believes he is even richer than one of the states and stated it clearly, yet most Yorubas still tie themselves to his aprons string. However, he thought himself an oracle beyond Yoruba region and wanted to prove with the rest of the south but was vehemently resisted and rejected.

Truth remains that the rest of the south apart from the west will do anything to reject being subjugated and controlled by one person against their interest and that's contributes to our republican nature.
Jonathan resisted and the reason he fell apart with Obj, Obaseki against Oshiomhole and many more. Today none claims regional godfather of the rest of the south except in the west where boudillion claims so for the west.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Cachet777: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
In Politics everything is possible, but he is likely to stay with PDP for now' to protect his political integrity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Super Eagles Train As Iwobi Joins Team / Killings: Three Reasons Northern Leaders Are Silent – Shehu Sani Reveals / Sunday Igboho Not Yet Released – Olayomi Koiki, Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.