Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

This Side Of My Skin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Side Of My Skin (285 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Side Of My Skin by Sommypan(m): 8:58am On Sep 21, 2020
We are all the same, all of us, we are all hypocrites. But do you know the difference? Some of us know and accept that fact; the others, well… the illusion of being pristine in the eyes of all is too good to forgo. To those who’d already accepted and are working on their faults, I say a big kudos. You guys do not understand the light you carry with you. As for those who pretend, well…

This story isn’t about one of those who are working on themselves. Nope, this story is about one of those who maintain a façade of being holier-than-thou; this is a story about me. In the eyes of the world, I’m a very reasonable, no-nonsense, saintly fellow. And I worked hard to maintain that mirage, that image. But that was all it was… a mirage, a trick of the mind I use to make sure that no one sees me for what I really am — a hopeless hypocrite.

I tell this tale with the aim of seeking apology. From a dear friend and brother who I wronged terribly. Being also a coward, I cannot muster the courage to face him and make the necessary reparations; but I hope this goes a long way in showing him that I’ve realized the error of my actions.

Let me quickly tell you what happened. We were close friends for over ten years. We were poor together, and together we became rich, overcoming the hurdles life put in front of us. But then when life gave us — me — the biggest test, I failed, woefully. His name is Andrew Okaro or Andy as I used to call him. He was caught pants down with his secretary. Around the time, he was a successful businessman, but after he was caught, his finances plummeted. His wife divorced him, and despite his explanations, no one cared to listen. He was bad, period! What else was there to say?

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2018/12/08/this-side-of-my-skin-a-short-story-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Quotes Of The Week / The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.