Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,343 members, 7,829,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? (862 Views)

Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / Revealed: How Buhari Chose His Nominees - The Nation / Man Sleeping While INEC Chairman Was Adressing The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? by hajifish(m): 11:15am On Jun 22, 2007
Sales of the Nation refineries do you guys sopport it ?Yes or No and reasons.

To Me Yes,
reason,Many Nigerians holding a position in government Companies Are thieve ,they dont have any care for the companies.they only care for thier selffish interest and embazzle our money, Nigerians Managing the refineries embezzle our money and dont care to repair it back because is not thiers, they used the money for thier selffish interest and keep calling on the government to come and repair it for them so they can steal more money,i think is good thing for the goverment to sell it for private individual and give more people Lincesed to build new ones so that its will not be monopolised.
Many government companies have been paralysed by some greedy nigerian who want to be rich Fast like the Nigeria Railway,Nitel and Nigeria Airways. i heard we had about 5 national Carriers in late 70ties but when OBJ Came to Power 1999 None of the Carriers exist anymore,because the people managing it has embezzle the money and invest them oversea,i'm in support of the sales if posible the goverment should sell the railway system and orthers things or let thier be sharesholders.so that this stupid people will not run of down.

Any if anyone think selling it is not good wat are the reason.
Re: Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? by angel101(f): 11:18am On Jun 22, 2007
Yes i support the sale but i am a bit concerned that the same people seem to be acquiring all govt property. Besides that i also think the govt should own at least 1 refinery which will cater for the populace in any unforseen circumstance.
Re: Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? by multebrain(m): 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
i dont support sales of nigeria refineries because this so called people in government that spend the refinary money anyhow are the people that will sell it to themself or there cultmember they will never sell it to the general public is pls dont let them buy everything nigeria has pls that means we are selling nigeria to some set of people ie transcorp dangote atiku obj and others this people are buying all nigeria property for there family
Re: Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? by lucabrasi(m): 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
lol as if any nigerian save the president and his acolytes have a say, the sad fact is they dont really give a hoot one way or another what anyone's opinions are
Re: Sales Of The Nation Refineries Do You Guys Sopport It ? by airegin: 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2009
I am in total support of our refinery privatization. If the exercise undergo due process, and the refinery sells for worth its worth… this should be good for Nigeria and Nigerians. Even, if the same people corner the venture; i hope this will be with the intention of profitability and not liquidation. If the privatization takes place, here are some of the benefits I believe we stand to gain going forward
1.The new owner will have no choice but to spend more money to see the plant function at its maximum capacity. They will adopt new technology, increase human and capital development within the country.
2.The efficiency of the plant will lead to profitability which will result in additional revenue for federal government.
3.Managing the plant properly (unwinding loop holes on how to run refinery at optimum conditions) will increase support, create opportunities for other players to come into the market and will on the long run create efficient market. This I believe with the right policy will reduce average pump price to final consumer.
4.Also, this venture if managed properly will help unlock other sides of petrochemical that are waiting to be tapped. Petrochemical companies can feel comfortable signing long term contract with owners of refinery to source raw materials directly from the plant via pipeline rather than importing the raw materials from overseas. This will directly reduce their cost and downtimes which will result in higher profitability.

(1) (Reply)

Abacha Didnt Loot Much Like Other Corrupt Leaders / Strike Political: Fg Vindicated / Asari-dokubo Blasts Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.