Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,111 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? (2424 Views)

Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found / If You Were Left Behind On Rapture Day, Would You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Why were the five foolish Virgins left behind?

Because they soiled their wedding garments and were unprepared. They didn't have enough of those things (like the Word of GOD) that will keep their light shinning incase JESUS didn't come when they expect. JESUS gives the light, and the light helps us to see in this world of darkness. You live in darkness if you lose the light.
If you have the light, you will live in holiness/righteousness, you'll know the truth and can see while the blind world can't.

So, they were unprepared, and their lights went out at the wrong time(when JESUS came back). Lacking in that Light means you live in the dark... They live in darkness when the light went out. Those who live in darkness will definitely soil their white garments, or better still, they will live in sin and become unrighteous, because they can't see.
They were rejected because they soil their white garments. They should have been fully prepared and living in constant holiness and righteousness in other to be worthy of Rapture.

Make sure to be fully prepared and living in constant holiness because our LORD can come when we least expect.

Related Post:
How Do We Interpret The Oil, Fire And Light In The Parable Of The 10 Virgins?
https://www.nairaland.com/6167304/how-interpret-oil-fire-light

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Because they soiled their wedding garments and were unprepared. They didn't have enough of those things (like the Word of GOD) that will keep their light shinning incase JESUS didn't come when they expect. JESUS gives the light, and the light helps us to see in this world of darkness. You live in darkness if you lose the light.
If you have the light, you will live in holiness/righteousness, you'll know the truth and can see while the blind world can't.

So, they were unprepared, and their lights went out at the wrong time(when JESUS came back). Lacking in that Light means you live in the dark... They live in darkness when the light went out. Those who live in darkness will definitely soil their white garments, or better still, they will live in sin and become unrighteous, because they can't see.
They were rejected because they soil their white garments. They should have been fully prepared and living in constant holiness and righteousness in other to be worthy of Rapture.

Make sure to be fully prepared and living in constant holiness because our LORD can come when we least expect.

Respectfully, this is kind of wrong for they did truly prepare for the bridegroom only that they did not know that the wait could be long neither did you yourself Know that it would take long when the story was told.

Further, when they ran out, they did what they diligently must do and you yourself did not disagree with their conduct.

Therefore the True Lesson of this parable is about obtaining the Life in Christ.

For when you have Truly Obtained it, No matter how long our Lord tarried in coming, you will never tire from waiting for Him.

The Parable of the Virgins is about these days and those who are not Truly Secured in Christ, will run out and must run out.

This also covers the concept of rapture.

2 Likes

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Sep 22, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump..... .. .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by 1stbest(m): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
hello sir , i have been trying to to contact you.
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:18am On Sep 24, 2020
1stbest:
hello sir , i have been trying to to contact you.
You can reach me here:
openyoureyes3@yahoo.com
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Respectfully, this is kind of wrong for they did truly prepare for the bridegroom only that they did not know that the wait could be long neither did you yourself Know that it would take long when the story was told.

Further, when they ran out, they did what they diligently must do and you yourself did not disagree with their conduct.

Therefore the True Lesson of this parable is about obtaining the Life in Christ.

For when you have Truly Obtained it, No matter how long our Lord tarried in coming, you will never tire from waiting for Him.

The Parable of the Virgins is about these days and those who are not Truly Secured in Christ, will run out and must run out.

This also covers the concept of rapture.

Read my post again, you will understand what I mean by "they were unprepared"
They should have been fully prepared and living in constant holiness and righteousness in other to be worthy of Rapture.
This^ should have taught you what I mean by "unprepared", but you probably focused on particular section of my post and ignore the other(ignore = you saw it but didn't point it out. Not that you didn't see/read it)

*His fuel ran out on the expressway half way to the journey, seems he was unprepared for the journey*

1 Like

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:25am On Oct 04, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:14am On Oct 09, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump...
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:19am On Oct 12, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Read my post again, you will understand what I mean by "they were unprepared"

This^ should have taught you what I mean by "unprepared", but you probably focused on particular section of my post and ignore the other(ignore = you saw it but didn't point it out. Not that you didn't see/read it)

*His fuel ran out on the expressway half way to the journey, seems he was unprepared for the journey*

I was just demanding for a fair Judgement to be given, for as you said,

"His fuel ran out on the expressway half way to the journey, seems he was unprepared for the journey*"

And you used the word "seem" meaning you are not certain.

And this is the Certainty, diligent people do plan their Journeys, But, Many Many Things Interfere with the journey, which without the Strength of The Lord, that journey will not be Successfully Completed.

I believe that one of the Lessons of the Parable is that we would require the Strength of The Lord to Complete the journey.
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:48am On Oct 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I was just demanding for a fair Judgement to be given, for as you said,

"His fuel ran out on the expressway half way to the journey, seems he was unprepared for the journey*"

And you used the word "seem" meaning you are not certain.

And this is the Certainty, diligent people do plan their Journeys, But, Many Many Things Interfere with the journey, which without the Strength of The Lord, that journey will not be Successfully Completed.

I believe that one of the Lessons of the Parable is that we would require the Strength of The Lord to Complete the journey.

"His fuel ran out..." isn't part of the original post. Just added that to compare what I mean (in the original post you disagreed with) with *an example* of a thing that happens occasionally in life.
Lots of people sometimes forget to have adequate fuel in their car before traveling long journey. A passersby who knows what happened to such car when he/she find it on the expressway could wonder what I highlighted in the asterisks: "His fuel ran out on the expressway half way to the journey, seems he was unprepared for the journey". The *seems* is not me wondering. It's the passerby wondering.

So, the virgins prepared for the coming of JESUS but half didn't prepare with adequate oil just incase JESUS didn't come when they were expecting.

1 Like

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

"His fuel ran out..." isn't part of the original post. Just added that to compare what I mean (in the original post you disagreed with) with *an example* of a thing that happens occasionally in life.
Lots of people sometimes forget to have adequate fuel in their car before traveling long journey. A passersby who knows what happened to such car when he/she find it on the expressway could wonder what I highlighted in the asterisks: "His fuel ran out on the expressway half way to the journey, seems he was unprepared for the journey". The *seems* is not me wondering. It's the passerby wondering.

So, the virgins prepared for the coming of JESUS but half didn't prepare with adequate oil just incase JESUS didn't come when they were expecting.

I agree that it was not sufficient but I think the principal lesson here is that many would desire to be with The Lord and attempt to follow Him, they would however fall
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I agree that it was not sufficient but I think the principal lesson here is that many would desire to be with The Lord and attempt to follow Him, they would however fall

The Parable was about God's Holy Spirit!

The virgins are religionsists before the coming of our Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ in 1914!

Before then there were thousands of religious groups claiming Christian, so when the Lord arrived that year he visited all the religions claiming Christians globally but only one produced the fruit of God's Holy Spirit (JW) so he took all those sleeping in death before then and handed over the authority to continue with his father's work in the year 1919.

Though all these are things of the spirit invisible to humans but Jesus promised that the Organization that's working for his father will be identified by the FRUIT! Matthew 7:15-20

So no matter how many feel about God's choice of Organization after 1914, they will continue to see that the one and only group having LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL will stand out! Galatians 5:22-23; Matthew 5:13-16

So the oil connotes the holy spirit, all the other religions failed to produce the fruit so they were left behind! smiley
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by achorladey: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

The Parable was about God's Holy Spirit!

The virgins are religionsists before the coming of our Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ in 1914!

Before then there were thousands of religious groups claiming Christian, so when the Lord arrived that year he visited all the religions claiming Christians globally but only one produced the fruit of God's Holy Spirit (JW) so he took all those sleeping in death before then and handed over the authority to continue with his father's work in the year 1919.

Though all these are things of the spirit invisible to humans but Jesus promised that the Organization that's working for his father will be identified by the FRUIT! Matthew 7:15-20

So no matter how many feel about God's choice of Organization after 1914, they will continue to see that the one and only group having LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL will stand out! Galatians 5:22-23; Matthew 5:13-16

So the oil connotes the holy spirit, all the other religions failed to produce the fruit so they were left behind! smiley

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by ichuka(m): 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
The 5 unwise virgins are not corrupt .there only only issue is being unwise.they are still called virgins why are u calling them corrupt?they are already saved.but won't participate in the Kingdom rule.
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by tobechi74: 9:16am On Oct 18, 2020
They did not join protedt
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump..
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:18am On Oct 21, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes3: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... . .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 9:20am On Nov 23, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... . .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .... .... ..
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 2:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.... .. ....
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:27am On Dec 29, 2020
Bump... .. . . .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:04am On Jan 29, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... . .. .. . .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:43am On Feb 08, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... . . . . .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. .. . . .
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2021
Bump... ... ...
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:56am On Mar 12, 2021
Bump.. .. .. ..
Re: Why Were The 5 Unwise Virgins Left Behind? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:57am On Mar 26, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. .. ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Curse Of The First Born / Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. / NairaLand Daily Christian Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.