Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Participating In The Nigerian Stock Market From Abroad Has Never Been Easier - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Participating In The Nigerian Stock Market From Abroad Has Never Been Easier (229 Views)

The Functions Of A Stock Market? / Achieving A Flawless Complexion Has Never Been Easier With Skincare Headbands / How Do I Get To Kantangowa Market From Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Participating In The Nigerian Stock Market From Abroad Has Never Been Easier by Adeplastic: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
People ask: "How easy is it to participate in the Nigerian stock market whilst living abroad?" "Is stock investing in Nigeria worthwhile?"

To a high degree, I would say, yes, investing in the Nigerian stock market is worth every penny. The market has been revivified. It’s now fully digitised and way more effective and rewarding than it used to be. In fact, the Nigerian capital market as a whole has become the barometer for measuring the country’s economic performance. This explains the influx of foreign investors to the market. Many of the blue-chip companies have performed consistently in the last decade or so, churning out dividends and creating robust leverage for investors to make capital gains. These days, with a little amount of money, one can participate in the market from anywhere in the world. The days of elite domination are long gone. This is a good sign.

If you live outside of Nigeria, you no longer need friends or relatives back home to help you get started in stock trading though IPOs. From your location, you can now open a bank online online, register with a stockbroker remotely, fund your stockbroking account, buy or sell stocks at the click of a button, set up e-dividend mandates with registrars, have your dividends paid directly into you bank account. There is no longer need for manual banker's verification or physical presentation of dividend warrants. Good times are here. Its a perfect time to start considering participating in the Nigerian stock market. There is good money available to be made.

UBA and GTB now allow bank accounts to be opened from abroad:
UBA Diaspora Account
Non Resident Nigerian Account
Re: Participating In The Nigerian Stock Market From Abroad Has Never Been Easier by mrequity: 2:00am On Sep 27, 2020
I live outside Nigeria and its good to know that its readily possible these days to participate in the Nigerian stock market with ease from abroad. I have been doing some research as to how to get involved; and so far, I am impressed with the good work the Nigerian Stock Exchange has done in making life easier for foreign investors. I am now in the process of setting up a trading account with a stockbroker.

I stumbled on a book which I read recently. The book shared quite a substantial amount of tips on how to get started with trading and investing in Nigerian stocks and how investors can conscientiously manage their portfolio. It has built my confidence in the Nigerian stock market. I used to be very scared of investing in Nigeria. So, for those looking to understand the Nigerian stock market and how to get started (especially those living abroad), I highly recommend the book.

Tips and Tricks for Trading Stocks in the Nigerian Stock Market and Managing your Portfolio Effectively

(1) (Reply)

Rumblings Of Discontent And Demand For Oodua Republic / Pls What Type Of Insect Is This / Nigerians Roads Now Death Traps – Sen Moro Cries Out To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.