Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH (224 Views)

The Temple of YHVH Almighty / DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH by bingbagbo(m): 6:30am On Sep 22, 2020
Matthew 12:1-6
[1]At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
[2]And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!”
[3]But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
[4]how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
[5]Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
[6]Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.

The temple was the habitation of YHWH at the time; if then there is one greater than the temple then that one is YHWH Himself
Re: Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 22, 2020
Of course, you're right!!!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH by WinLABSstores: 7:00am On Sep 22, 2020
CallYeNot:
Of course, you're right!!!
Self answer grin
Re: Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2020
bingbagbo:

Matthew 12:1-6
[1]At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
[2]And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!”
[3]But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
[4]how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
[5]Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
[6]Yet I say to you that in this place there is One greater than the temple.

The temple was the habitation of YHWH at the time; if then there is one greater than the temple then that one is YHWH Himself

I am not certain you got what Jesus Christ was trying to say there. He was in no way saying that He was YHWH because Jesus Christ is not YHWH.

Matthew 12 vs 1-8 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. About that same time, Jesus was walking through the fields of grain on a Sabbath day. His followers were with him, and they were hungry. So they began to pick the grain and eat it.
2. The Pharisees saw this. They said to Jesus, “Look! Your followers are doing something that is against the law to do on the Sabbath day.”
3. Jesus said to them, “You have read what David did when he and those with him were hungry.
4. David went into God’s house. He and those with him ate the bread that was offered to God. It was against the law for David or those with him to eat that bread. Only the priests were allowed to eat it.
5. And you have read in the Law of Moses that on every Sabbath day the priests at the Temple break the law about the Sabbath day. But they are not wrong for doing that.
6. I tell you that there is something here that is greater than the Temple.
7. The Scriptures say, ‘I don’t want animal sacrifices; I want you to show kindness to people.’[a] You don’t really know what that means. If you understood it, you would not judge those who have done nothing wrong.

8. “The Son of Man is Lord over the Sabbath day.”
Re: Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH by bingbagbo(m): 11:08am On Nov 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am not certain you got what Jesus Christ was trying to say there. He was in no way saying that He was YHWH because Jesus Christ is not YHWH.

I pray the scales fall off your eyes, I have spoken like you before
Re: Jesus Is Greater Than The Temple-jesus Is YHWH by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
bingbagbo:

I pray the scales fall off your eyes, I have spoken like you before
Dont worry about my eyes! Instead focus on the message that Jesus Christ was trying to convey to you in this.

(1) (Reply)

The Grace Of God: Not A License To Sin / How We're Using Whatsapp To Help Churches Reach More Of Their Members / How Can I Get Copy Rights For The Post And Threads I Creates On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.