Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,255 members, 7,839,306 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Olodo- A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Olodo- A Short Story (396 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olodo- A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 7:21am On Sep 22, 2020
The day Otedola bought Ferrari for his girls, Tijani's car broke down on the way for the tenth time. Tears clouded his eyes as he wished he was the girls or had been born to a rich man.
Just then, a lady was strolling down the road.
'You seems to need a hand?'
Tijani threw her a cold glance and didn't bother registering the fact that she was wearing her nightie.
'Olodo, I need a car. Not a hand...'
The lady's face turned red and she tried to open her mouth to talk but stopped. Instead, she raised her hands and motioned downward as she exhaled. Tijani became curious.
'Are... Hope you fine sha?' Tijani withdrew and glanced at his car.
He scanned for things he would need to hold along in case he had to run for his life. It wasn't news that mad people now roamed the street, but it will be news if he allowed her teeth sink in his skin.
'Ferrari'.
'Done...!'
Tijani spun. 'I was right! I was right!'
With that, he withdrew to his car, ensuring the lady wasn't following. The moment he was within the car, he locked the door. The lady was shocked. Slowly, she bent sideways, frowned, and advanced towards the car.
'What's wrong with you', her muffled voice called.
Tijani clasped his hands, and jiggled it at her, smiling forcefully.
'I'm fine', he shouted and waved. 'You can go'.
After several knocks and frantic attempts to open the door, the lady shrugged and walked off. Tijani stretched, not minding the pain of twisting within the car. 'Wow! Mad people everywhere!'
Quickly, he got down and picked a stone. He hit his car battery, touched different things, and prayed to God, but nothing worked. Having no other option, he locked the car, and await a bike. A short while later, a tinted Ferrari drove by. Though mesmerized, he didn't even bother hailing the driver.
This is Nigeria. Men and women only give women a lift. So, he looked elsewhere until the car parked in front of him. The side door opened, and the lady he called mad was in the backseat.
'Olodo, where did you say you were going?'

https://akinjideakintayo.com/2020/09/21/olodo/

Re: Olodo- A Short Story by Divepen1(m): 7:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Meanwhile, I've published my speculative short stories compilation. Find it here...
https://akinjideakintayo.com/books/insatiable-lover/

Book cover below:

1 Like

Re: Olodo- A Short Story by germaphobe(m): 8:32am On Sep 22, 2020
There we go

(1) (Reply)

Script Writers Needed For Youtube Videos - Long Term And Remote Work / Best Urdu Novels / #CLOSED! Content Writer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.