Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,812 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

Abia LG Elections: Popular Broadcaster, Political Analyst Tasks PDP On Women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia LG Elections: Popular Broadcaster, Political Analyst Tasks PDP On Women (146 Views)

Stop Meddling In Abia LG Affairs, NULGE Tells Governor Alex Otti / Abia LG Election: PDP Chairmanship Candidates Emerge In 17 LGAs (Full List) / Buhari Replies PDP On Plans To Impeach Saraki While In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia LG Elections: Popular Broadcaster, Political Analyst Tasks PDP On Women by okrote4real: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2020
Abia LG Elections: Popular Broadcaster, Political Analyst Tasks PDP On Women Inclusion

The Governor Okezie Ikpeazu led Government has fixed 19th December as A Date for the much publicized Local Government Elections. And as expected all Plans following the elections has been rolled out including the sale of Nomination Forms and other requirements which has attracted More Controversies than expected.
Speaking with Newsmen, Popular Broadcaster and Political Analyst who also hails from Abia State, Mrs Francess Olisa -Ogbonnaya popularly known as Tabitha while giving her views and Opinions concerning the Forthcoming Council Elections thanked the Okezie Ikpeazu led administration for finally fixing a Date for such Democratic Process which is very Paramount to Grassroot Development.
“I think the Abia State Government has done Noble by offering the People chance to choose their Leaders themselves, many Of Us have clamored for this , we can’t under Emphasize How Undemocratic the Caretaker System is , So it’s important we applaud the State Government at least”.
Speaking on The Chances of Women in the Forthcoming Election, Tabitha asked Women across the 21 Local Government Areas to gear up and take Part in the Electoral Process, Buy Forms, not just Councillorships but Chairmanship too because it’s not every time we keep playing Second Fiddles as Vice Chairmen or Secretaries.
She further urged The People Democratic Party and Other Opposition parties in the State to Encourage Women to Take part in this Process.
Speaking on the cost of Nomination forms which has been described as Outrageous by Many Young persons across the Social Media, The Broadcast Journalists decried the Cost of Forms which sees a Chairmanship Candidate coughing out Over 1 million Naira just for Nomination Forms. “As a PDP member myself and having been One for Over 7 years, PDP has always proved to Be Youth and Women Friendly and I don’t expect Abia State to be Different, Most Importantly I know the party has always given special Consideration to Women , So I expect Abia PDP and other Opposition Parties to tow same line and review the Cost of Nomination Forms to enable Leaders with Genuine Interests of the People at Heart to Emerge!

(1) (Reply)

Despite COVID-19, Oyo 2020 Budget Has Impacted All Sectors ― Makinde / Independence Day 2020; Things Nigeria Does Better Than Any Other Country / Wasted 60years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.