Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon (918 Views)

I Will Never Call Tinubu ‘My President’ – Tunde Bakare / Obaseki's Victory: Why Ambode Couldn't Fight Tinubu / Muiz Banire: Why Ambode Doesn't Deserve 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Afam4eva(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2020
I saw the thread where the OP stated reasons why Ambode could not fight Tinubu and i'm here with a rebuttal. https://www.nairaland.com/6134535/obasekis-victory-why-ambode-couldnt

Most people I come across with the school of thought espoused by the OP of that thread are almost always either Tinubu supporters or APC supporters.

Everything espoused on that thread in one way had something to do with APC as a party rather than Lagos state-.

Yes, we know Tinubu controlled all the APC machinery which is why even Ambode's deputy did not support him and it was expected.

However, what Tonubu did not and does not have on the palm of his hand are Lagosians which will be the ones to vote at the end of the day.

If Lagosians decide to support Ambode, there's nothing anyone can do about it not even Tinubu.

The feelers i got amongst Lagosians when this was going on is that what Tinubu was doing to Ambode was not fair and that Ambode had tried his best for Lagos state.

So, if Ambode had decided to fight Tinubu, he had more chance of winning than losing. He had Lagosians behind him and had nothing to lose because he had already lost in APC.

All he needed to do was to jump ship to another party and what is the worse that can happen assuming he lost?

It's also very funny how people allude so much power to Tinubu when in fact, Lagos has always had a keenly contested election except for that time that Fashola was returning and people voted him because he had done exceptonally. Other times PDP had always gotten 35% to 45% of the votes -despite battling the powers that be.

So, in conclusion, Ambode was a coward and ran away from a fight that he had an upper hand on being s sitting governor. I hope he will go and meet Obaseki to teach him how to deal with a godfather. Unfortunately, it's one thing to learn and it is another thing to have the will power to go through with it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by CHIMaaaah(m): 11:58am On Sep 22, 2020
angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by LadyExcellency: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Ambode was ambushed. He had no slightest intelligence on what was to strike him until it was too late.

Had he knew about the sabotage. He would've started early to form and build his own coalition using Lagos State war chest and money in anticipation for the fight against Tinubu just as Godwin Obaseki did.

Tinubu tactically ignored the confrontation stage and card that Oshemohle played early.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by candyguyofficia(m): 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
I read the previous thread but chose not to comment but I have to comment after reading a rebuttal. The truth is Ambode seem to want to retain his relationship with the President while trying to show at the same time the humble nature of President Good luck even though the latter keenly contested the 2015 election.
Perhaps the ex governor was hoping on getting a Ministerial appointment or DG of any agency as compensation or he didn't believe he would win the gubernatorial election if he floor crossed to opposition party or he felt the fight wasn't worth it or was just scared even though he had a fighting chance

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Tumbulum: 12:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
What does a real man do? They fight and keep fighting to protect their honour. Ambode gave up too quickly. I hate this mentality of always being loyal to the power that be. The worst that would happen is that he will loose.
It could also be that ambo is afraid of antigraft agencies which could be used against him. Could be he had some shady deals and loads of skeleton in his cupboard?

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
The reason why Ambode couldn't fight back was because he knows he is corrupt just like other politicians. He doesn't want EFCC coming after him. Shikena.

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
LadyExcellency:
Ambode was ambushed. He had no slightest intelligence on what was to strike him until it was too late.

Had he knew about the sabotage. He would've started early to form and build his own coalition using Lagos State war chest and money in anticipation for the fight against Tinubu just as Godwin Obaseki did.

Tinubu tactically ignored the confrontation stage and card that Oshemohle played early.
He was Ambushed in APC not in Lagos. The average Lagosian was not a part of this ambush and they were the target audience and he had the advantage being the sitting governor.

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by hecomeshome(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
G
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by ChimaAgbalajob: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ambode is a typical ....

Make more noise than resolve to fight. Even if you are beaten, at least you fought like a man. I hate when Nigerians submit to every sort of bullying without even the faintest resistance. See what they did in fuel price increase. I cannot tell when Nigerians imbibed cowardice as their preferred behavior.

1 Like

Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by tutudesz: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
Afam4eva:

He was Ambushed in APC not in Lagos. The average Lagosian was not a part of this ambush and they were the target audience and he had the advantage being the sitting governor.
Ambode would've won the election whether with APC, PDP or any other party he chose to contest with. Lagosian were behind him and were waiting for him to decamp to another party, but he refused.
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by ibedun: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2020
una Don come again ooooo
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Playthepianos: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
I don't support Ize-Iyamu, neither do I support Obaseki.

Let me tell you the truth. Obaseki scammed the whole of Edo state to win the election.

Edo no be Lagos, Edo no be Lagos.. Las Las, Edo nor fit stand near Lagos.

It's true a chicken cannot be a Lion.

Even as Sanwo-olu won the election by the influence of the Godfather, no Lagosian regrets it today. We can see his work in Lagos far better than Obaseki or even Ambode's work.

Ambode no do anything during his time.

Sanwo-olu's effort in Lagos is equal to the combined efforts of the governors of almost all the states in Nigeria. I am sure he will get a second term. He has earned my vote already. smiley

Oya comman beat me.
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
Playthepianos:
I don't support Ize-Iyamu, neither do I support Obaseki.

Let me tell you the truth. Obaseki scammed the whole of Edo state to win the election.

Edo no be Lagos, Edo no be Lagos.. Las Las, Edo nor fit stand near Lagos.

It's true a chicken cannot be a Lion.

Even as Sanwo-olu won the election by the influence of the Godfather, no Lagosian regrets it today. We can see his work in Lagos far better than Obaseki or even Ambode's work.

Ambode no do anything during his time.

Sanwo-olu's effort in Lagos is equal to the combined efforts of the governors of almost all the states in Nigeria. I am sure he will get a second term. He has earned my vote already. smiley

Oya comman beat me.
Mr Man speak for ur self... abi we tell u say we no dey suffer dis okada ban and d criminals d decision produce
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
LadyExcellency:

Exactly, Ambode didn't build bridges. He came onboard and was fighting Fashola and creating enemies for himself, thinking he is pleasing Jagaban. But it would have been better if he fought and lost.
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by FarahAideed: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2020
If Tinubu had given Ambode 2 years notice like Obaseke was the Ambode could have stood a chance
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Playthepianos: 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2020
francisgodstime:
Mr Man speak for ur self... abi we tell u say we no dey suffer dis okada ban and d criminals d decision produce

Baba, listen to yourself. How is Okada ban a suffering? In fact, it has improved the transport system.

Besides, he didn't ban Okada because of selfishness or some godfather - he did it for Lagos.

Which criminals did it produce? Are you among them?

I know for sure that not everyone will support a good man - there will always be at least one critic. grin
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Playthepianos: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun

Front page. cheesy
Re: Why Ambode Could Have Defeated Tinubu - My Opinon by Edyice: 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2020
I really need to write a letter to AMBODE for not standing up. For giving up easily like a typical Yorubas afonja... grin indeed Edo state is not LAGOS ( every one can testify to that )

These Yoruba demon afonjas generation has failed JUST like AWOLOWO .. this CLEARLY shows that more than 92% of this AFONJAS are coward grin . . They LOVE the nature of been coward .

I Hope this letter reach you well

Signed

Edo no be LAGOS cool

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: “our Lifestyle Is Provoking The Youths,” - Senator Okorocha / Where The "N1 Thrillion" Needed For Lagos Reconstruction Will End Up / Jump In Here If You Know About Boom And Crash Index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.