Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here (507 Views)

Data Of 1.5 Billion Facebook Users On Sale At Hacker Forum / What Xiaomi Users On Nairaland Caused.. / See The Top 20 "How To" Searched By Users On Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here by Unbiased1: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2020
I'll try to make this short. I actually want to purchase a phone from Aliexpress ( this is my first time purchasing a product from any online store ). I have gone ahead to register an account with them but, I recently found a thread on front page where many people were complaining about losing their products to NIPOST especially Phones. I also found out that most of them actually shipped their products through Aliexpress Shipping due to its lower cost so I currently need your help/advice with the following:

1) If I boycott Aliexpress Shipping and use the more expensive DHL, will my item still land in the hands of NIPOST because, I really don't want to have anything to do with NIPOST following the recent complains?

2) If I use DHL, will I still pay Customs' duty before collecting my item? undecided The cost of shipping the Phone I want to purchase through Aliexpress Shipping is less than 3k but, DHL is charging 20,100 naira to ship the phone and it will be very terrible if after paying this high amount, I will still pay custom's fee before collecting my item.

3) Is it possible for DHL to bring the item directly to my house? If it's possible, how do I go about it (like how do I give them my house address)?

Please I need your advice smiley
Re: Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here by DelTel(m): 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2020
Unbiased1:
I'll try to make this short. I actually want to purchase a phone from Aliexpress ( this is my first time purchasing a product from any online store ). I have gone ahead to register an account with them but, I recently found a thread on front page where many people were complaining about losing their products to NIPOST especially Phones. I also found out that most of them actually shipped their products through Aliexpress Shipping due to its lower cost so I currently need your help/advice with the following:

1) If I boycott Aliexpress Shipping and use the more expensive DHL, will my item still land in the hands of NIPOST because, I really don't want to have anything to do with NIPOST following the recent complains?

2) If I use DHL, will I still pay Customs' duty before collecting my item? undecided The cost of shipping the Phone I want to purchase through Aliexpress Shipping is less than 3k but, DHL is charging 20,100 naira to ship the phone and it will be very terrible if after paying this high amount, I will still pay custom's fee before collecting my item.

3) Is it possible for DHL to bring the item directly to my house? If it's possible, how do I go about it (like how do I give them my house address)?

99% guaranteed customs will get the item from DHL.

DHL only deliver documents to houses not goods.

Presently, it is easier for the proverbial needle to pass through camel's eye than a phone purchased online to get to Nigeria without paying customs duty.
Re: Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here by Unbiased1: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2020
DelTel:

99% guaranteed customs will get the item from DHL.

DHL only deliver documents to houses not goods.

Presently, it is easier for the proverbial needle to pass through camel's eye than a phone purchased online to get to Nigeria without paying customs duty.

Jesus Christ shocked shocked
So even with that high amount DHL is charging, customs' fee is not even part of it undecided
Re: Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here by Deicide: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2020
I got all my phones from AliExpress and I always use the standard shipping option and the item always get delivered to me without facing any custom charges.....one of the reason I avoid DHL it's cause of this custom wahala.
Re: Aliexpress Users On Nairaland: I Need Your Help Here by Dubbuqueee: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
Unbiased1:

It's depends on your location bro...not all are experiencing the NIPOST wahala

(1) (Reply)

Sold / VIP Vendor Now On Nairaland!!! / Any Used Phone For Sale #60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.