Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Mission To Grab Lagos: PDP Day - Dreaming - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mission To Grab Lagos: PDP Day - Dreaming (323 Views)

Uncertainty Persists Over Lagos PDP Governorship Primaries / I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagos PDP / Omoba Niyi Aborishade Shot Dead In Lagos (PDP Chairman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mission To Grab Lagos: PDP Day - Dreaming by JAMO84: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Since the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), declared Godwin Obaseki as the winner of Edo guber election that took place last Saturday, PDP bigwigs, members and supporters have been vowing to replicate the Edo feet in Lagos. They opined that Lagos is 'in bondage'; being ruled from behind the scene by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the strong man of Lagos politics for more than two decades and counting.

While aspirations are legal and everyone has the right to aspire, this writer is projecting that the PDP will fail woefully on this latest mission. Lagos politics is by far, unique and more sophisticated than any other state in Nigeria.

The task to take away Lagos from its current political Juggernaut will be a daunting task due to the following reasons:

DEVELOPMENT

No state in Nigeria today can claim to be a quarter as developed as Lagos. Developments don't fall from the sky, Tinubu started it, his anointed successors continued from where he stopped. Why would Lagosians want to change a winning team? That question is for the PDP to answer.

POLITICS

The kind of politics Tinubu and his foot soldiers play in Lagos will be extremely difficult for any party to destroy. The state APC invest so much in members registration and ensure their participation in party activities. They provide financial support to millions of members on monthly basis which guarantee loyalty and bring votes on election day.

ETHNICITY

PDP Members are scolding Tinubu for interfering in Edo politics. They claim he wanted to export "godfatherism" to the state and have access to their treasury. They sold the ridiculous narrative to Edo indigenes, urging them to reject Yoruba godfathers in Edo state. Hence, the slogan, " Edo no be Lagos." Some of their members even went as far as referring to Yoruba as slaves without free wills.

This is a bad precedence that has been set by these narratives, if you degrade us and call us slaves just to sell your candidate in Edo, you cannot expect the so called slaves to accept your party and vote for it. As Edo no be Lagos, so is Lagos no be Edo.

2023 PERMUTATION

The APC is more likely to zone its presidential ticket to the Southwest in 2023, the region cannot afford to jeopardize it chance of producing the next President by shifting it loyalty to the PDP in Lagos and other Southwest states.

I have seen opinions on social media that Tinubu is not acceptable in the north. I don't expect many people to believe me, but, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the most popular southern politician in the north and fellow nairalanders from the north like Arrewa can prove me right or wrong.

Making the mistake of voting PDP in any election before 2023 will be political suicide to the south west.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mission To Grab Lagos: PDP Day - Dreaming by colorsofrainbow: 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
2023 PERMUTATION

The APC is more likely to zone its presidential ticket to the Southwest in 2023, the region cannot afford to jeopardize it chance of producing the next President by shifting it loyalty to the PDP in Lagos and other Southwest states.

I no wan laff

(1) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: Putting Our Money Where Our Mouth Is / Fisayo Soyombo: What Does A Country Do With All These Investigations? / Okigwe Senatorial District Should Vote Patrick Ndubueze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.