Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Toothless Arsenal Still Trophyless - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Toothless Arsenal Still Trophyless (491 Views)

Do Arsenal Still Need A Midfielder? YES Or NO / Arsenal Fc Vs Ex-arsenal (still Active). / Do You Believe Arsenal Still Have A Chance Of Winning The Premership This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toothless Arsenal Still Trophyless by mrinfo(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
Arsenal, a team that always plays too soft against teams with smaller reputations has once again literally threw away the chance to lift a trophy after seven years of drought.

Birmingham surprisingly gave the gunners a hot battle and were very good defensively especially with Ben Foster in one of the best form of his career keeping out many Arsenal shots.

In what was a tactical masterpiece Birmingham boss Alex Mcleish unleashed fresh and aggresive forward players Obafemi Martins and Jean Beausejoir.

It was however Obagoal who recently has been showing flashes of his old self, that gave the blues their first trophy in many years with a simple tap in goal after a heart breaking mistake from young Arsenal keeper Szczceny.

An arsenal fan friend of mine found the defeat too shocking to utter a word. Such defeats especially at the tail end of 90 minutes pains more than a usual defeat.

I am happy for Obafemi Martins who I predicted would score in the match. His career is surely and quietly getting back on track.

Pity that Jack Wilshere lost the chance to hold a cup. he has been very outstanding this season. I didn't enjoy watching him cry.

Well that's the cup competition in England for you. Surprises and shock results.

Arsenal must learn to bite and bite sharply at lower teams. They tried almost every thing against Birmingham but that proved not to be enough. Goalkeeping woes once again robbed them of a trophy.

With Barcelona lurking nearby can they shake off the disappointment of this loss and scale the Nou Camp hurdle?

http://soccerfiesta..com/2011/02/toothless-arsenal-still-trophyless.html

(1) (Reply)

Jose M Now Has 4 Matches Opportunity Against Barca / Wayne Rooney Undergoes Surgery / Sir Alex Ferguson Considered Bringing Drogba To Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.