Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Laycon’s ‘who Is Laycon’ EP Review - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Laycon’s ‘who Is Laycon’ EP Review (272 Views)

Bbnaija: Lockdown Housemate Laycon EP " Who Is Laycon" Reaches 2million Streams / DOWNLOAD NOW » “who Is Laycon? EP By Laycon” Full Album Is Out / Download Album (EP) By Bbnaija Laycon- "Who Is Laycon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Laycon’s ‘who Is Laycon’ EP Review by LePrezident(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2020

It is another session of review for a body of music work, and this time it is that of Big Brother Naija Season 5 housemate, Laycon (Olamilekan Agbeleshe).

Laycon has become the latest sensation on the continent just in the space of 9-weeks.

When he got into the Big brother Nigeria house 9 weeks ago, his Instagram account had just a little over 3,000 followers and his twitter was practically a paltry number. But 9 weeks later, this young man is not only gunning for the ultimate prize of the BBNaija reality TV show, he has also grown a cult of loyal fanbase which has seen his Instagram grow to over 1 Million followers and his Twitter inching close to 300 thousand followers… Mind freaking Blowing!

A couple of months before entering the house, Laycon had released n 8-track EP titled ‘Who is Laycon‘ which had been enjoying just a few 10s of thousands of plays. Today, that EP has over 7 million streams on all platforms, thus it is just apt that I do a review of this body of art work.

Track 1 – The Question (Intro)
This track is a befitting one as track number 1 for the body of music work.

It is a short 36-second audio which practically has the artiste in a conversation with an unidentified female… I guess she is supposed to be some type of shrink who is helping him with a process of self discovery, and ultimately, self actualization.

On the track, the lady asks, “picking up from where we left off, who are you?”

Laycon responds saying, “I can’t lie to you, I’m still on my journey… I don’t know… I don’t know… I’m just trying to figure out what part of me they want… like, should I be myself or should I be the Laycon that they can understand?”

Rating: 7/10

Track 2 – Who Is Laycon
This is the track that the entire EP takes a name and draws inspiraion from, and this can be seen by the way Mr. Agbeleshe goes hard with the bars here. His flow was perfect on this track, he was hitting hard and lacing the verses with lots of wisdom.

The first line actually does it for me on this one.

“Who is Laycon? I am a god in a human body!”

Rating: 8/10

Read the full review here; https://africaatrandom.com/laycons-who-is-laycon-ep-review/

(1) (Reply)

[trend Music] Olushegzy– Goverment / Download: Wiz Dido - End Police Brutalilty (mp3) / This 2baba Version Of Davido’s Hit Song “fem” Is Something Else!!! ��‍♀️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.