Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) (1632 Views)

Shoprite Looters Paraded, Stolen Goods Recovered (Photos) / 'Bullets Flying Everywhere, Soldiers Engage Looters At Sangotedo Mall - Lady / We Will Kill You All - Nigerians In South Africa Say To Looters (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by austine4real(m): 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nice one from the civilians

But if na hear u will be disarm and fulani herdsmen will loots,rape and kill u
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by Bellfun(m): 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Explorers:

Is not even a must we have guns in our possession if the government can protect us.

One of the responsibilities of the government, protect lives and properties.

But now, there's no security anywhere.

Kidnappers, armed robbers, herdsmen will attack people on the road.

They will still come and attack them in their homes and nothing is happening.

We move on so easily as if killing, raping, kidnapping, robbery are norms and part of us.

Saw the thread of abakaliki lady that was hacked to death by fulani herdsmen. She's somebody's sister, daughter or wife/mother.

So sad, if you can't protect citizens, let them protect themselves.

You make me laugh!..

Do you even know the implications of your wish??!! Please think it through before you post it! Such emotions are destructive!
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by armadeo(m): 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Explorers:

Is not even a must we have guns in our possession if the government can protect us.

One of the responsibilities of the government, protect lives and properties.

But now, there's no security anywhere.

Kidnappers, armed robbers, herdsmen will attack people on the road.

They will still come and attack them in their homes and nothing is happening.

We move on so easily as if killing, raping, kidnapping, robbery are norms and part of us.

Saw the thread of abakaliki lady that was hacked to death by fulani herdsmen. She's somebody's sister, daughter or wife/mother.

So sad, if you can't protect citizens, let them protect themselves.

While I understand the logic behind tour statement be reminded that a majority of nigerians are not logical and borderline insane.

I will never support nigerians being armed for the simple reason that our death rate with triple within 1 year.

Front page news will be like

Woman SHOT and killed for serving husband cold food.

Bua driver shot for bashing a brand new car.

Police shot for shooting unarmed friend

Landlord shoots tenant or tenant shoots landlord... any disagreement will end in gunshots.

So we dont need to be armed at all.

We shouldnomplore the government and revolt against them.if necessary. But arming nigerians will be a disaster.
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by henryobinna(m): 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
flyingpig:
Until they'll form a cult unit and end up terrorizing those neighbourhoods. This is a shame on the state police because it means they are not up to their jobs as security officers. Please this is balderdash. What if more groups of civilians in states across the federation establish their own units of security outfits And a simple malice erupts into a gun war??
This is all shade of wrong
You go just open your mouth waaaaa!

Why not do a little digging before spewing trash?
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by henryobinna(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Bellfun:

You make me laugh!..

Do you even know the implications of your wish??!! Please think it through before you post it! Such emotions are destructive!
This same old line of thought.

There's nothing worse than what Nigerians are experiencing right now.
Despite guns being illegal, criminals are still armed.

That is to essentially tell you that gun laws are meant to stop law abiding citizens from protecting themselves contrary to what you've been led to believe.

Every single day that passes by there's a always a gun related crime committed in Nigeria despite guns being illegal, tell me what logical sense does it make then that guns are illegal?

Let me be frank and honest to you, I live in the south east and I fear for what could possibly happen of the herdsmen that are heavily armed invade the area I live in. We absolutely can not stage any form of resistance, do you know what that means?

Or you want us to go to a gun fight with a knife?

Nigeria is in a very pathetic state right now, and the best thing the government should do is allow Nigerians who are capable of arming themselves to do so, maybe they should limit the kind of guns that could owned. Not this total ban.

Prior to Buhari's administration sef, you could be allowed to own a shot gun once you meet the requirements but now nothing. Makes me to wonder if it was a plan between him and his fulani herdsmen.
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by paschal47(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
Explorers:
They should just allow Nigerians to own and carry guns.

All these 'da eran da eran' raping, kidnapping and macheteing people everywhere will have sense.

We've not attained the mental capacity to carry a gun
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by jesmond3945: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
Explorers:

I have a Ak-47, you have AR-15s, M16, Glocks-26, smith-wesson in your home/compound/neighborhood including your neighbors.

Bro, myself and my team will think thrice before invading your compound or Estate.
you would definitely invade someday probably on the influence of drugs
Re: U.S. City Commends Armed Civilians Protecting Businesses From Looters(Pics) by Explorers(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
jesmond3945:
you would definitely invade someday probably on the influence of drugs

Lol...You only get high and act on what's on your mind already.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men Arrested With Skull Of Police Killed In Ibadan (video) / 5 Things Nigerian Women Soldiers Are Not Allowed To Do / American Dad Shoots Three Of His Sons To Death, Execution Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.