Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope (492 Views)

What's The Best Bulk SMS API In Nigeria / Building A Restful API With Node & Express - Part 1 / A Simple Php Sms Api For Absolute Beginner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope by FanOfMyself: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, please I am looking for an SMS API that can be used to send SMS to mobile phone numbers across the globe.

I tried using twilio, but there were some issues when I wanted to upgrade my account from a free account to a paid account. This would enable me to send customize the message subject amongst other vital configuration that comes with using a paid twilio account.

I also wanted to use textlocal, but they don't allow sign up from Nigeria.
Please if you have any idea let me know more.

"Happy coding"
Re: Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope by 404Dev: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Jcame across termii last year, haven't used it but it's a Nigerian owned startup
Re: Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope by SearchFirst: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
FanOfMyself:
Good afternoon everyone, please I am looking for an SMS API that can be used to send SMS to mobile phone numbers across the globe.

I tried using twilio, but there were some issues when I wanted to upgrade my account from a free account to a paid account. This would enable me to send customize the message subject amongst other vital configuration that comes with using a paid twilio account.

I also wanted to use textlocal, but they don't allow sign up from Nigeria.
Please if you have any idea let me know more.

"Happy coding"

What was the challenge or issues you experienced using twilio, and when you wanted to upgrade to paid account?
Re: Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope by FanOfMyself: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
SearchFirst:

What was the challenge or issues you experienced using twilio, and when you wanted to upgrade to paid account?
It's about company address validation I guess. Infact, after providing the information the required on the account upgrading page, the submit button to proceed was disabled and as a result, I couldn't proceed ahead. I wonder if one has to provide twilio with a verifiable address or something. Infact, I got frustrated and left.

Note: I was able to implement the sms messaging with the free account and I was able to send message to phone numbers that I have verified on my twilio account.
But I needed more control that's why I wanted to upgrade
Re: Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope by SearchFirst: 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
FanOfMyself:

It's about company address validation I guess. Infact, after providing the information the required on the account upgrading page, the submit button to proceed was disabled and as a result, I couldn't proceed ahead. I wonder if one has to provide twilio with a verifiable address or something. Infact, I got frustrated and left.

Note: I was able to implement the sms messaging with the free account and I was able to send message to phone numbers that I have verified on my twilio account.
But I needed more control that's why I wanted to upgrade

i can create sub account for you under my account, but we will need to come to an agreement. My account is UK verified.
Re: Looking For A Simple SMS API With Global Scope by FanOfMyself: 10:24am On Sep 24, 2020
SearchFirst:

i can create sub account for you under my account, but we will need to come to an agreement. My account is UK verified.
So what is the agreement?

(1) (Reply)

Is Possible To Integrate Something Like This? / I Need A Good Webmaster For A Website Development Job / I Built An Intelligent Tool For Extracting & Formatting Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.