Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! (1084 Views)

How To Build An Electric Car / Rolls Royce To Build The World’s Fastest All-electric Airplane / Osama Bin-laden’s Family Airplane Crashes Into Car Auction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hello I have made a thread on the project I'm about to embark on.. I need brains, especially from the aluminum fabrication Eletronic and mechanical engineer/ technicians.. a d sponsors too...https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/6081878/want-build-aircraft-need-technical?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfp9Qz5nCNXuTs1S
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Ayo8(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Abasman008:
Hello I have made a thread on the project I'm about to embark on.. I need brains, especially from the aluminum fabrication Eletronic and mechanical engineer/ technicians.. a d sponsors too...https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/6081878/want-build-aircraft-need-technical?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfp9Qz5nCNXuTs1S

Nice idea but who will fly it..??

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by mejai(m): 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
This is cartalk o. I can only support u with a 20w50 oil of any brand.

3 Likes

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by sultaan(m): 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
You should try building something that moves for before working on something that will fly.

Unless you was to join those clowns pushing pangolo on wheel around the country begging for money

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by femmix112(m): 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wow that a big project you need a lot of funds do you have enough money?

I can be of help

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 6:17am On Sep 24, 2020
Ayo8:

Nice idea but who will fly it..??
me and whoever takes the place of chief mechanic... My ground crew will so help..

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Ayo8(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2020
Abasman008:
me and whoever takes the place of chief mechanic... My ground crew will so help..

Aviation is not as forgiving as maritime when theres a mistake in the build.
Lets build a workboat instead.
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ayo8:

Aviation is not as forgiving as maritime when theres a mistake in the build.
Lets build a workboat instead.
lol I know your fears... But nope aircraft it is...I'll get my private pilot liscence before I fly... Aviation has principles and if you follow them it'll be safe... Fear is one of the principles one has to overcome.. put the right thing in place and you will fly ...

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Ayo8(m): 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abasman008:
lol I know your fears... But nope aircraft it is...I'll get my private pilot liscence before I fly... Aviation has principles and if you follow them it'll be safe... Fear is one of the principles one has to overcome.. put the right thing in place and you will fly ...

With the workboat... there will be commercial opportunities but with your airplane, I doubt if there will be any moreso there will be airworthy cert issues.
Goodluck with your flying expedition.
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ayo8:

With the workboat... there will be commercial opportunities but with your airplane, I doubt if there will be any moreso there will be airworthy cert issues.
Goodluck with your flying expedition.
but an aircraft will atracts eyes both on the inside and outside ..cert wont be an issue because something like that will get sponsors before it ever flies...
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by oride: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abasman008:
but an aircraft will atracts eyes both on the inside and outside ..cert wont be an issue because something like that will get sponsors before it ever flies...

Do you have any aeronautic engineering experience?
Are you a trained pilot?
Are you a design expert?
Are you based in Nigeria?
What are your qualifications?
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
oride:

Do you have any aeronautic engineering experience?
Are you a trained pilot?
Are you a design expert?
Are you based in Nigeria?
What are your qualifications?
you should have asked that a long time ago...well I'll direct to Wikipedia for answers...
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by oride: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
Abasman008:
you should have asked that a long time ago...well I'll direct to Wikipedia for answers. the..

Two decades ago, I was just like you...

And then I stopped smoking weed.

7 Likes

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
oride:

Lol okay no problem, then it's my turn... just in a bigger way... Nothing is impossible man...
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by nams77: 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
oride:

Two and half decades ago, I was so keen on building a rocket with a small payload(bomb).

Didnt know much about rocket guidance system so I was toying with the,idea of using combination of. trigonometry and angle of elevation calculation to plot my trajectory and trying to develop an equation that will help solve the "distance" problem.
For the propulsion fuel, I was thinking of using magnesium and phosphorus ( but pure phosphorus is unstable and very toxic)
The stable one(red phosphorus) is used in making match stick heads.

Ah! Quite a lofty dream. This is Nigeria....the graveyard of dreams

2 Likes

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by buygala(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2020
Abasman008:

You want to build an airplane...but you can't even afford data to browse nairaland grin

Using freebasics upandan...

Just continue, you hear grin

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by oride: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
nams77:

Two and half decades ago, I was so keen on building a rocket with a small payload(bomb).

Didnt know much about rocket guidance system so I was toying with the,idea of using combination of. trigonometry and angle of elevation to plot my trajectory and trying to develop an equation that will help solve the distance problem.
For the propulsion fuel, I was thinking of using magnesium and phosphorus ( but pure phosphorus is unstable and very toxic)
The stable one is used in making match stick heads.

Ah! Quite a lofty dream. This is Nigeria....the graveyard of dreams

At least you have a bit of knowledge on some elements and components of what you were trying to achieve. He doesn't. He wants to build a plane by reading up Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by nams77: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2020
oride:

At least you have a bit of knowledge on some elements and components of what you were trying to achieve. He doesn't. He wants to build a plane by reading up Wikipedia.
You are right though.

Op, why don't you share some of plans and schematics here.
I believe some folks might have one or two assistance or corrections to do.

But I have a little problem. And that problem is your motivation for taking on this project.

You seem to be propelled by the support you will get. I don't think you have done any detailed groundwork.
Goodluck tho

1 Like

Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by nams77: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2020
Abasman008:
Don't know about how it is done in Nigeria but can certainly ask friends in the aviation industry.

Standardly you must get approval from government before you launch any airborne craft above a certain altitude.

You can be arrested and charged for this.
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2020
nams77:

Don't know about how it is done in Nigeria but can certainly ask friends in the aviation industry.

Standardly you must get approval from government before you launch any airborne craft above a certain altitude.

You can be arrested and charged for this.
but you have to get an aircraft before you get it registered and cleared huh?... We plan on building it,then get suitable publicity to help push it forward after that the skies the limit.. because I'd quickly ask people like innoson to be sponsors... And I don't plan to fly without at least a ppl which can be gotten in less that 3 months on the max.
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by adanny01(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2020
nams77:

You are right though.

But I have a little problem. And that problem is your motivation for taking on this project.

You seem to be propelled by the support you will get. I don't think you have done any detailed groundwork.
Goodluck tho

Its like Op saying he wants to marry Obama's daughter.

I will first ask him if he has met her and how does he intend to do it.

Op basically said nothing yet.
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
adanny01:

Its like Op saying he wants to marry Obama's daughter.

I will first ask him if he has met her and how does he intend to do it.

Op basically said nothing yet.
https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/6081878/want-build-aircraft-need-technical?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfp9Qz5nCNXuTs1S click the link
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Abasman008(m): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2020
nams77:

You are right though.

Goodluck tho
https://www.0.freebasics.com/https/www.nairaland.com/6081878/want-build-aircraft-need-technical?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfp9Qz5nCNXuTs1S
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by adanny01(m): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2020
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by baconline(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
If u are really down with it op, I will like to be part of the team
Re: Hello I Want To Build An Airplane Help!!!! by Antibettings: 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
oride:

Same here oooo

.the dream go soon vanish

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Pathfinder 2006 Recommended Engine Oil And Transmission Oil / How Cheap Can I Get A Clean 406? / Wots Wrong Wit 2003 Camry(orobo) Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.