Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup (17239 Views)

Iwobi Scores First Premier League Goal For Everton / Nigeria Star Alex Iwobi Scores First Everton Goal In 4-2 Carabao Cup Win(Photos) / Alex Iwobi Scores Stunning Volley Goal In Europa League Final, Fans React(Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by robosky02(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
i scores and assists as Everton hammer Fleetwood Town in Carabao Cup
Kunle Fayiga
The Nigerian winger put in a brilliant display at Highbury Stadium which secured the Toffees progress to the next round of the cup competition
Alex Iwobi scored a goal and provided an assist as Everton continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 5-2 win over Fleetwood Town in the third round of the Carabao Cup.

Iwobi made his first appearance of the season in the victory over West Bromwich Albion at the weekend but made the starting XI this time.

Everton did not let their guards down on Wednesday with Richarlison giving them the lead in the 22nd minute, courtesy of Bernard's assist.

'We're sitting on a talent goldmine' - How the Union are unearthing America's next Pulisic, Reyna and Aaronson
More expensive than Ronaldo: Misfiring Morata granted yet another second chance at Juventus
Henderson's heroics highlight Man Utd's lack of depth in attack
The Nigeria international turned provider for the Toffees second goal, playing a lovely backheel to Richarlison after a brilliant one-two with the Brazilian.

Fleetwood were not going to give up so easily and pulled one back through second-half substitute Mark Duffy two minutes after the restart.

Everton would go on to extend their lead not too long after thanks to Iwobi, Nigerian tapping home with consummate ease after being fed by Richarlison. It marked the first time the Arsenal academy graduate scored and assisted in the same match for the first time in his club career.

Fleetwood again cut the deficit, this time from Callum Camps in the 58th minute, but Everton were equally in the mood to get more goals and added a fourth through Bernard and substitute Moise Kean wrapping things up in added time with the fifth.

The victory will see Everton face West Ham United in the Carabao Cup fourth round at Goodison Park next week.

Iwobi had a brilliant evening, recording a total of five shots, four successful dribbles from seven attempts, 78 touches on the ball and 48 completed passes from 54 with accuracy at 89%

The Super Eagles star played 25 times in all competitions last season having joined from Arsenal, scoring two goals and providing one assist.

The 24-year-old will hope to make his first Premier League start this season when Everton battle Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Saturday.

The Toffees kicked off their campaign first with a 1-0 Premier League win at Tottenham Hotspur followed by a 3-0 triumph over Salford City in the second round of the League Cup.

The next was an emphatic 5-2 win over newly-promoted West Bromwich Albion in the league on Saturday.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/iwobi-scores-and-assists-as-everton-hammer-fleetwood-town-in/dbpbtk8kxsbh101c6c8vui2qx

5 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by money121(m): 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by xperienced(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2020
When a Nigerian player gets a good deal in football, he is likely to underperform. Our very own Iwobi, Ighalo and Iheanacho now starts in Carabao cup only. I think this guy's are only working hard to get a good pay.

34 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by MrGreenMavro: 7:45am On Sep 24, 2020
He tried

But na Chelsea win sweet me pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by EdmundChidera(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2020
Iwobi performance is poor, he started playing on uk girls, that's his problem

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Slurity(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2020
ALMOST A GOOD PLAYER

1 Like

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by 1mrprolific7(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2020
As a country let's stop celebrating mediocrity.

Was he not paid to score goal and yield tremendous effort to the team.

Small Fleetwood person no go hear word.

Una too mu.mu.

No idiot should quote me

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by DVsagacity: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2020
Shey him still dey play ball.? Its been a while

3 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by MattAttah: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2020
shocked
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by PureGoldh(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2020
He is one of the people wey dey rep us well via international levelx.. the bigger him we pray
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by elotajohn1(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2020
This is what I saw on livescores.... Iwobi as centre back grin

9 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by ajimotoke(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2020
Nice one bro, keep it up bro chiiiii in Davido's voice cheesy cheesy
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Sirigu: 7:50am On Sep 24, 2020
Confidence boost for him. I hope Ancelotti starts selecting him for games.
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Debra911(f): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2020
I need urgent help,
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2020
Nigeria's best forward grin grin grin grin
Keep flying the flag
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by lilbarracuda(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2020
Good for him.
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by flexd99(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2020
Everton looking promising
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by easyfem(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2020
u knw iwobi no dey joke

1 Like

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Sonnobax15(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2020
Good cha
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by fujirice: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2020
elotajohn1:
Lol!
Stop lying jor! There was no lineup for that match on livescore.

5 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by samx4real(m): 7:56am On Sep 24, 2020
That guy career for Everton and Oshiomole own for politics na the same.

Finished!!!
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by tfash96(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2020
1mrprolific7:
As a country let's stop celebrating mediocrity.

Was he not paid to score goal and yield tremendous effort to the team.

Small Fleetwood person no go hear word.

Una too mu.mu.

No idiot should quote me
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by mattmogan88: 7:57am On Sep 24, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD

1 Like

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by updatechange(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2020
I hope he maintains this and keep scoring in other to get in the minds of his teeming fans
Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by sammysmiles(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2020
elotajohn1:

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 24, 2020
1mrprolific7:

No idiot should quote me

It is quite easy to spot attention-seekers... they always leave a trail behind.

They always end their posts by subtly or aggressively(like mrprolific here) begging others to quote or mention them.

You just got one mention, dude. I guess you are gonna throw a big party now, eh? grin

5 Likes

Re: Iwobi Scores And Assists As Everton Hammer Fleetwood Town In Carabao Cup by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2020
Dude should just leave Everton right away.

It is gradually turning out to be a disastrous move.

It ain't working.

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos / Find A Good Left-back ! Udeze Warns Gernot Rohr / Raheem Sterling Finally Speaks Out, Accuses Newspapers Of "Fueling Racism"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.