Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Wedding Date Palaver - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Date Palaver (2285 Views)

When You Shift Your Wedding Date Because Of Elections... / Comic Actor, Afonja Olaniyi Aka, Sanyeri Finally Picks December 1st Wedding Date / My Wedding Date Is Fixed, But I Have Just N100,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Date Palaver by uwani(f): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2011
Hi all,
I need ur candid opinion on this issue that has been bugin my mind for dayz now, I and my boyfriend have finally decided to get married but the issue now is the date, I want it in june n he wants it by november, I want it in June cos , I just lost my mum (jan 17), my Dad who luvs my mum so much n couldnt take it suffered a partial stroke, the only sister i have in this world is coming to naija by june. My fiance on the other hand wants it in november because he cant raise money for an elaborate wedding in June which i dont want, cos the mood is not right.

Pls am i being selfish for wanting a small wedding in june with my sister around or an elaborate i.e a big wedding in november which i might not really appreciate? pls ur candid opinion undecided
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by TewMuch: 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
I dont know what tribe you belong to and the formalities involved in the wedding. I believe the husband and wife"s family are the ones that agree on the wedding date, and the choice comes from the wife's family. In your culture is it the man's responsibility to pay for the wedding? Is he carrying all that responsibility? Then i advice you go with when he is more comfortable. And i am sure November will be a good time for your family. June may be too soon and emotional. especially when they are still grieving and your dad is not at his best health wise. Between June and November, you may have the chance to spend quality time with him and help heal his broken heart. You will also have to consult with the elder's in your family, and make sure your sister is able to make it to see you in November.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by ifyalways(f): 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2011
If you guys cannot peacefully resolve this non-issue,i suggest u guys PLEASE stall the marriage first.
You guys are both selfish,immature and inconsiderate to urselves.
You want a quiet wedding,he wants an elaborate one,its still "I",when wud u guys start thinking "WE" ?
Who wud sacrifice now?
Have u guys thought of having the wedding on a neutral month eg August?
Btwn,this might be God speaking. . .u guys still have a long way to go.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by kokoye(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
is this about your sister . . or you and your man?

cant your sister come in november?

It really shouldnt be about family but the two of you.

If you guys cannot handle this simple test, how are you gonna cope when the real stuff comes along??

get together and sort it out.

Again, it is about you two, not a siter or anyone else.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by member67023: 6:12am On Mar 01, 2011
uwani:

Hi all,
I need your candid opinion on this issue that has been bugin my mind for dayz now, I and my boyfriend have finally decided to get married but the issue now is the date, I want it in june n he wants it by november, I want it in June cos , I just lost my mum (jan 17), my Dad who luvs my mum so much n couldnt take it suffered a partial stroke, the only sister i have in this world is coming to naija by june. My fiance on the other hand wants it in november because he cant raise money for an elaborate wedding in June which i dont want, cos the mood is not right.

Pls am i being selfish for wanting a small wedding in june with my sister around or an elaborate i.e a big wedding in november which i might not really appreciate? pls your candid opinion undecided
My mum, my dad, my sister. My this, my that. Me, Myself and I. Such Selfishness.
OP please wake up. Marriage is not about you and your father's family. Are you getting married your only sister in June?

In-laws are the root cause of many failed or failing marriages.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 6:15am On Mar 01, 2011
Feb 31 should be ideal
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by uwani(f): 9:31am On Mar 01, 2011
Thanks all, actually i never did see it that way at all, we went tru all the post with my fiance n i had to apologise to him immediately n we've settled for september. Tanks. wink
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 01, 2011
I don't know why men always think they have to decide when and how the wedding will be! undecided
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by armyofone(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2011
I wonder too!! that's how they start the 'I' 'Me' thingy even before the marriage then hell fire after the marriage which is still 'me me me'

Ujujoan:

I don't know why men always think they have to decide when and how the wedding will be! undecided

Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

Only if you can get married by yourself. Sew your gown choose your own date and go to church or registry alone.

Hauwaaaa
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by kokoye(m): 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

I'm not surprised by this comment . . based on who posted it

Go marry urself.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by armyofone(m): 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2011
wetin dk?
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
armyofone:

wetin dk?

You are wetting me? Wetting me with what?

Abegg oooooo.

Hauwa darling how have you been, WHen are you going to Iraq
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Only if you can get married by yourself. Sew your gown choose your own date and go to church or registry alone.

Hauwaaaa

Mccccccccccccchew! angry  angry
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^ If a man cant decide when his own wedding that would require his presence to be then why should he attend?

You can marry by yourself na or even take the guys picture to the altar and marry the picture.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2011
kokoye:

I'm not surprised by this comment . . based on who posted it

Go marry urself.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean eh?

Shebi you people finally convinced the girl to concede to the hubby thereby encouraging him to be dictatorial and difficult.

In this day and age when people should be trimming down on expenses, someone is looking for an elaborate wedding! What's that one eh    undecided

Men ALWAYS want to dictate when and how they want to get married, as if they are the only ones involved!  undecided
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ If a man cant decide when his own wedding that would require his presence to be then why should he attend?

You can marry by yourself na or even take the guys picture to the altar and marry the picture.

Did you hear yourself? 'Decide'?

And while he's 'deciding' will he walk down the aisle with my picture undecided

If a woman cannot have a say in her own wedding, I wonder what will become of her undecided note to myself
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
Its a date for the man to adopt another person into his family. cool

Shouldnt the man decide when its convenient to give someone else his last name or you just want to gate crash?

If his house is not ready for another person where would the bride stay? undecided

Bottom line the man holds all the keys and should decide tongue
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by armyofone(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ DK, pls don't remind me  grin. am glad being around to finish with ile iwe.

anyway, stop being a playa  grin

uju, you know Kokoye likes sufferhead women and believes that the it is a man's world  grin
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2011
^Playa?

No I am waiting for you.

I know its been long you got some. So come home to papi and let me tap that bootay
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by armyofone(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
twisted
shakes head
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2011
I would prefer you to shake booty and give head.
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by kokoye(m): 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2011
Ujujoan,

did you see my first post on this thread . .where did I encourage him to be dictatorial and difficult?

. .and who the heck is armyofone . . who died and made you king??
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Its a date for the man to adopt another person into his family. cool

Shouldnt the man decide when its convenient to give someone else his last name or you just want to gate crash?

If his house is not ready for another person where would the bride stay? undecided

Bottom line the man holds all the keys and should decide tongue

*roooooooolz eyez*

Some people for don commit suicide it to say dem be woman!  undecided
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

*roooooooolz eyez*

Some people for don commit suicide it to say dem be woman!  undecided

Instead make you dey roooooollllz waist you dey roll eyez.

God no go make you get Apollo for that eyez wey you dey roll anyhow
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
kokoye:

Ujujoan,

did you see my first post on this thread . .where did I encourage him to be dictatorial and difficult?

. .and who the heck is armyofone . . who died and made you king??

Your stand on this issue is clear . . . the lady has to ignore the wishes of her family and follow the man in to to!  Like say no be family she from dey come! And they are yet to get married . . . what will happen if they marry eh?
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by armyofone(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2011
koko, you ofc. i knew you long long time ago so carry pass.
Uju, it is even hard to say anything here grin OP don already gave up grin grin grin grin that was really fast
dk, stay well o

SemperFI
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by kokoye(m): 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

Your stand on this issue is clear . . . the lady has to ignore the wishes of her family and follow the man in to to! Like say no be family she from dey come! And they are yet to get married . . . what will happen if they marry eh?

If the only reason she wants the wedding to be in june is because of her sister coming home, then sorry.

I believe the fiancee has more weight than the sister in the relationship . . what do you think?
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^ That was not her only reason . . . She also doesn't want a lavish ceremony because she lost her mum this year. 

That to me is quite reasonable.  undecided

The only reason why the fiancee wants to wait till September is so that he can afford a huge ceremony. Something she doesn't want.  undecided

And for someone who just lost her mum, wanting her only sister around on her wedding day is not selfish. I'm surprised her hubby is objecting. See the way my sister was crying on her wedding day eh . . . I wonder who would have consoled her if we weren't there! undecided

But yea like you guys said . . . it's all about him so let him decide!  undecided
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 01, 2011
armyofone:

koko, you ofc. i knew you long long time ago so carry pass.
Uju, it is even hard to say anything here grin OP don already gave up grin grin grin grin that was really fast
dk, stay well o

SemperFI

Poor girl . . . sad

Unfortunately that's the fate of us women! sad
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by kokoye(m): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^^ no need for a rebuttal then

grin grin
Re: Wedding Date Palaver by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2011
No need oh . . some women are resigned to their fate.

However I'm humbly inviting you yo my wedding . . I've decided to marry myself! cool cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maternity Clothing - Things You Should Know About Maternity Clothes. / I Need An Advice I’m In Love With My- Ex Again / Electronics Store: We Deliver To Any Where In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.