Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why The All Progressive Congress (APC) Must Be Redeemed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The All Progressive Congress (APC) Must Be Redeemed (265 Views)

APC Must Become Born Again To End Electoral Malpractice, Says Dino Melaye / The All Progressive Congress Is A Yoruba Party- Peter Obi / Obasanjo Visits Afenifere After 20 Years, Says 'APC Must Go' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The All Progressive Congress (APC) Must Be Redeemed by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 9:57am On Sep 24, 2020
At the risk of sounding like a troublemaker, a tag I have worn from childhood because I grew up "tearing" at my mates, and confronting gangups against me, by biting one of them very hard, and feeling less of the pains of my beatings.

People enjoy employing various versions of demanding public respect: some employ wealth, some employ the access they enjoy, some employ other means, but I employ my consistency in my insisting on the good and prosperity of all Nigerians, defined by our national peace and progress, to earn my own respect. I deserve mine, if others do..theirs! I shoot trouble for national importance. I am divinely prepared for this time.

I am a registered member of the APC, and a frontline leader of the party in my Ward, I am at the forefront of causing the emergence of the political leader for my local government area, and working for the emergence of the next governor of my State. This is why I am coming in, with this article, seeing myself as a troubleshooter. My trouble shooting is a progressive one - the Asiwaju type: contributing my best to changing the narrative I attack and reject.

This same attack-needing narrative is around the present irresponsibility left to perpectuate itself within the ranks of those who are the total beneficiaries of the political power collectively snatched from the stronghold of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2015.

It is unfortunate that in a house where those who enjoy the best rooms, meals and public servitude are the same people who feel that such a house should be destroyed because they are not the ones who built it. Clearly, they have no intention in building any house but they keep prospering by destroying other peoples houses. Are we blind? Are we fools? Who are they?

And before I begin, let me beg All Nigerians to help, and join me in watching the men I am about to reveal. When I decided to be a politician, public service was on my mind, and yes! I know that if I work, I deserve my wages. I have never worked having my wages on my mind.

A third term FedReps member and erstwhile major contender for the seat of the Reps Minority leader, then a Commissioner of Environment in Rivers State, commissioned me to supervise the Rivers State Government Scrap to Wealth Project. That has remained the greatest privileged I have enjoyed in life. It gave me access to Governor Rotimi Amaechi's governement, and i handle one of his policy directions - sustaining wealth, creating one through the exports of refined scraps.

Financial records in that Minstry would show what my allowances were, what monies I signed off for the project's administration, and the administrative letter allocating a brand new Rivers State Government branded Hilux van, allocated in my name, and not in any other, indicating my "take home" benefit. But nowhere in the entire government would any dicumemt be found that I negotiated any privileges. They all came with prevailing needs.

I am not a Historian but I major in being an excellent history student, because something change me completely. "Guyana's Tragedy", how a man led a people into mass suicides and murder. At the end of that true life movie, was a signpost that changed my perspective of public leadership: it must be selfless to make the people count. So I read that "those who forget their history are condemned to repeat it." Forgive me if your ass is gored: this is my divine call. It is my life.

I supported the emergence of this incumbent administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, I remember having a social media contact - a young vibrant Lawyer, who was then in the Law School, - in that struggle, but he became who I saw as a young man with an impatient hunger for national relevance, and I wished him well. He is a now national officer of a political party - see what I mean? But I am stuck with President Buhari because I am people-drivenly consistent with my decisions. I follow through my decisions through to the end, no matter how unpleasant. I am consistent because I have no "devil" - neither do I have anyone - to blame.

I am one Nigerian who still regrets the withdrawal of President Buhari from the initial merger Asiwaju Bola Tinubu sought with him in 2009 against the 2011 general elections - it would have put a lie to the insinusions of some political oppotunists. I still believe that what happened in 2015 was destined to have happened in 2011 but was postponed for the Almighty God to score a great point over everyone else. That postponement took President Buhari having to retire from active politics, and it took a very strong persuasion for him to return, at least for the last time - herr we are today. We are not strange to the story. Now lets take it from there.

The bad idea in the heads of some politicians, who left the PDP for the APC in August 2014, in their illusion that it was their defection to the APC that helped the party attain her victory in 2015, is therefore their usual way of stealing the glory that belongs, only, to the Almighty God because:

1. If Atiku Abubakar had been patient to fly the presidential flag of the ACN in 2011, as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu had proposed, Goodluck Jonathan would not have won the 2011 presidency. I have not forgiven Atiku since then. I say this with absolute certainty. Atiku lost his best chance at being Mr President to his inconsistency and desperation for the office, in my opinion. A very brilliant man, a great social asset to Nigeria, but who may never again be graced with Nigeria's presidency. What mattered in that election was who gets the South West votes, wins!

2. The same would have happened if President Buhari had accepted the alliance with Tinubu. First, the presidency was "the turn of the North", and for Buhari to win, he needed an entire region in the South. It was only Asiwaju Tinubu who saw this calculation among the leadership cadre in this country. Goodluck Jonathan was therefor a better candidate for the South West in that election, and he won.

This is why I see the Asiwaju suffering from the same lesson he taught a son, who is now prodigal, using his father's lesson against his own father. If Absalom succeeded over David, he will, but I pray that when he fails, he will remain alive to regret it because Absalom died as a rebellious son. Bola betrayed nobody, he only proved a point that Buhari fell for when he had retired from politics, when he was desperately needed by the progressives. This is the truth. Nobody is going anywhere to succeed in the APC without Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. It is like the APC in Akwa Ibom State without Senator (Dr) John James Akpanudoedehe.

What these people are doing is to undo what Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has done. They are not doing anyrjing to show their own ooo! And for what reason are they trying to "kill godfatherism? Ask them to be sincere. May God strike all their heads if they have ever recommended people for political offices, and if they have claimed leadership over regions in this countfy. This is annoying because the very ones who are our problems think we are all blind and, fools.

Abridging all these history, lets take a slim peep into the Buhari administration so far: no one would deny that the APC was one house before the interloppers jumoed into the party from the PDP, and obstructed the free flowing evacuation and smooth running of the APC masterplan, especially in terms of office sharing, for which the Asiwaju, who actually, was responsible for driving the vision of the new government, was handling. Now he is at home, and it is still Asiwaju abi? None of them can kill that man. If he dies today, he has surpassed all of them. He will die as the hero of democracy, greater than both Awo and Abiola put together. He has never told anyone he wants to be President. The others died seeking to be president.

When Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu recruited President Buhari into his vision, I am sure he did not see him as an expert in any sector of political governance - he studied his Idiagbon relationship and designed that takeover. The Asiwaju only needed Buhari's PUBLIC FIGURE/IMAGE and his ANTECEDENCE.

So if, like Senator Rochas Okorocha sees... If the APC disintegrates today, as he has forecast, it will never be from Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, it will be from the scheme that started with those who left the APC when "Tenure Elongation" failed and collapsed in their ugly political faces - they have since not forgiven the best political brain God has gifted Nigerians.for planning thqt out. He did not have to gangup with anyone to get there. He showed intellect and command.

Those who left the party then, included the same man who lost his presidency to his Alakiri Al'Ajala, the wanderer, leading those who failed to secure political offices, and those of them in the national assembly who had no future hope of treachery in the APC, left for good. But those of them who can never be anything outside political office, who were members of the executive arm, never dared leaving the APC. The same hope their colleagues lost, now stares them like "ooorbiii" in the face, and this "Tinubu fighting" is nothing, but appears like "panic buying" of petroleum products during scarcity scare.

Today, the angst from the failure of "Tenure Elongation" is what these powerless men are driving to sink the ship of the APC, yet they are ignorant that no vision is a ship yet, until it has been translated.

The translation of the APC vison was yet, and so the seeming failures of the incumbent government is from the unborn APC mandate because those who took over the governance Intensive Care Unit of the Buhari administration, know nothing about the vision that drove the need for the progressives takeover and the.progressive change we all craved. Any borrowed development from the Chinese is not an achievement please. It is a betrayal of national trust.

If they knew anything about progressive governance, they would not be fighting Asiwaju Tinubu, they would be learning the progressive culture and ideology at his feet. But good governance has never been their target. Their target has been to keep political relevance for nothing, but for primitive accumulation of parochial wealth. Let them count how many years they have been in public office, and today they are borrowing from the Chinese. Should they not accept their ganged-up failures?

For God's sake, we borrow Chinese money to develop our infrastructures, but we churn out obscene billions of Naira, from nowhere, to buy electoral votes. This is not the APC that was thrown at Nigerians. It is a reminder of the days of the PDP when bags of raw cash was struggling for space with the Nigerian Mace before our national lawmakers.

These PDP men would have come to nothing except that they had one small man who left them some time ago, and pretended to be a progressive, snitching to the side of Mr President, he hijacked the mandate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

It is for him that the presidency is divided on the outcome of the Edo governorship election. Imagine! It is not just a division in the party, but also in the presidency. While one division congratulated Obaseki, the Personal Assistant to the President insinuated "going to court". His Excellency, Hope Uzodinma, is actualizing it. What is happening?

This is why I am calling Nigerians out, to see that their unjust pointing of finger at Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, how it is a distraction from the problem with the APC. What is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu holding that is the property of the APC? Why should he be the problem? I am saying this at the risk of losing my political base.

Severally, I have received calls asking me to prepare for national assignments but none came through, but I see these oportunities as nothing compared to my desire to see to Nigeria's national good - as God lives, I won't entertain any need - he supplies all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus - why should I care? If this nation was prosperous, political patronage would be for low class people. People who need jobs because they have no skills, nor capacities for other things.

So the major problem of the APC is one man who joined the CPC from the PDP, who positioned himself privilegely behind Mr president and keeps telling him lies. He is the problem of the APC. He is some various NOUNs to various people. He hates the Asiwaju bitterly, because he is no match for him. A godfather himself but hates godfatherism. Lets wait and see if Godwin Obaseki will love to be a godfather too, himself.

They lie to distract from what they major in. We are crying for peace so crucially in some north western States. Who is he who has proved incapable of solving a local problem and is eyeing solving a national one? Lets all watch out for him, he may not be tall enough to see the overwhelming outcome for him: let us agree to throw him out, together with all the brands he will bring. He is up to no good.

Nigerians must see who are responsible for the seeming failures of the Buhari administration: a diehard PDP man in the federal cabinet who matches soldiers into elections, and a governor who wants to work Nigeria out when he can not handle the State he desperately took to govern. These two men must be rejected by Nigerians, cautioned by our party leaders, and I will be here to expose their every diabolical-looking moves. Their intention is to enslave us.

PDP brought "ballot box snatching," Buhari says "shoot ballot box snatchers at sight". Now, they are "buying votes". In the thick of the desire of Obasanjo to take Lagos State from the Asiwaju, he failed without a gunshot. In the desires of these two men: one is from the South, positioned to deliver the South, and he has delivered the South South already, and the other from the North, misguiding some northern governors to tear down the APC, using his surrogates from the CPC. One pretending to be serving, and the other pretending to be governing.

APC has no other problem, and Nigerians have seemingly lost faith in the APC presently because of the activities of these two men. Like I said my neck is against their blades, and my life upon the altar of the Almighty God.

"Purify me as gold, that I might be bold to say my body is your sanctuary" Oh God, my father!

My present target is not to be assigned in any capacity. If it comes, it is service I see, not the meal on the table. In my village, I have seen people eat at gatherings and return home to die. I have seen a man who swore oaths to take money to be rich from politics, but at his best moment, he gives up his life. My target is to be a part of the emergence of the next Governor of Akwa Ibom State, whoever governs my state from 2023. I will NEVER MISS THIS TARGET. It is divine.

"What shall it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and lose his soul?" Let this question guide our acts. Amen!

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria. 08102466347 (Whatsapp text only). Follow "ini Morgan" on Facebook via 08102466347. I am a DOJ.

1 Share

Re: Why The All Progressive Congress (APC) Must Be Redeemed by ojaysam25(m): 10:00am On Sep 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Why The All Progressive Congress (APC) Must Be Redeemed by limeta(f): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
Apc will die same way it came
Quick and sudden

(1) (Reply)

Gov Emmanuel Commissions New Roads And Hospital Today / 1st October Is Here Again. What Will You Celebrate? / Can Our "UNITY" Be Sustained? The Cracks Are Widening & Anger Is Rising - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.