Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Retirement Announcement 2010/2011 Club/national Teams - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Retirement Announcement 2010/2011 Club/national Teams (936 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! / Most Successful National Teams In Africa Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Retirement Announcement 2010/2011 Club/national Teams by soloheater(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
:O Estado de S. Paulo, Ronaldo
Three-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldo has confirmed his retirement from football.

The 34-year-old, who has enjoyed a glittering career in Spain, Holland, Italy and Brazil, made the announcement in his Brazilian homeland on Monday.

"As you can imagine and you heard during the whole weekend, I'm here to [confirm that] I'm closing my career as a professional player," Ronaldo told a press conference.

In an earlier interview with Brazilian newspaper O Estado de S. Paulo, Ronaldo revealed that his long career and succession of serious injuries had finally taken their toll on his body.

"I want to stay but I can't. I think of a move, but I can't perform it as I want to. It's time," he added.

Korea:Park Ji-Sung
The Manchester United player have announce his retirement from international football before flying to England to rejoin the Red Devils.

There is no certainty that the 29-year-old will be fit enough to play against Uzbekistan in the third-place match, as he under an injury cloud with knee problems.

Coach Cho Kwang-rae, though, denied his star midfielder is injured, but has been resting due to the amount of football he had played throughout the tournament.

"Park Ji-sung is one of the players and we will take a decision whether he will play," the coach said. "He does not have any injury but he is yet to recover to full fitness and we are trying to avoid any possible injuries due to lack of total fitness."

Park has played five matches, totalling 494 minutes including all but two minutes in his side's extra-time games against Iran and Japan. He also has been capped 100 time for his nation, reaching the milestone in the semi-finals against rivals the Blue Samurai.

ManUnited: Edwin van der Sar
The Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar will retire from football at the end of the season.

'It is now time to pay attention to my family'

The 40-year-old former Holland international moved to Old Trafford from Fulham in 2005 and helped Sir Alex Ferguson's side to three Premier League titles and Champions League glory in 2008.

ManUnited: Gary neville
We all knew it was coming, but that doesn’t mean it comes as any less of a shock. Gary Neville has today announced his retirement from football with immediate effect.

(1) (Reply)

International Paralympics Committee Lifts Nigeria Suspension. / "Other Rappers Be Like Naija Them No Dey Reach Final"........... OLAMIDE / Amazing Facts About Brazil Football Legend PELE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.