Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Rapper, Tay Way Shot Dead Shortly After Sharing His Location On Social Media - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapper, Tay Way Shot Dead Shortly After Sharing His Location On Social Media (497 Views)

Sam Larry Is Hiding In Kenya And His Location Isn’t Hidden - Black Cinderella / Nigerians Blast Charly Boy For Sharing His Wife's Naked Videos/photos / Olakunle Churchill Edits Post Shortly After Shading Tonto Dikeh on mother's day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rapper, Tay Way Shot Dead Shortly After Sharing His Location On Social Media by Meenatnigeria(f): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2020
American rapper Tay Way was shot dead in Richmond, California last week minutes after he shared his location on social media.

Tay Way, 29, whose birth name is Lamonta Butcher was walking down a street in Richmond Friday noon when the shooter or shooters opened fired from a moving car, two other people were injured in the shooting.

He had just posted a video of himself standing outside of a liquor store on 4th Street and Macdonald Avenue and was shot just minutes later, the East Bay Times reported.
The rapper added the lyrics, “Been so long we still out here bruh, you feel me? Same hood, same turf,” as he panned the camera across the intersection. The video did not show street signs, but the building has a distinct red and light yellow paint job that makes it easily identifiable.

“He was a good man,” said Kiana, a childhood friend of Butcher’s told East Bay Times. “Just because his music portrayed him different, he was [good], he watched the kids and everything, like, he was really so sweet.”

According to The Sun Uk, Richmond police confirmed that “the investigation is still on going and the current condition of the victims are, one deceased, and two treated for injuries in stable condition.”

Source: https://www.meenatnigeria.com/rapper-tay-way-shot-dead-shortly-after-sharing-his-location-on-social-media/

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nengi Breaks In Tears As Ozo And Other Evicted Housemates Ignore Her / I'm Tired Of People Telling Me What To Do And Not To Do _ DJ Cuppy Cries Out / What Should I Apologize For? – Laycon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.