Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,950 members, 7,866,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Mendy: "I Am So Excited To Be Joining Chelsea." - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mendy: "I Am So Excited To Be Joining Chelsea." (337 Views)

Moises Caceido Rejects Liverpool Prefers Joining Chelsea / Wesley Fofana Takes Final Decision On Joining Chelsea / Benjamin Mendy Has A Football Pitch In His House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mendy: "I Am So Excited To Be Joining Chelsea." by tfiFootball: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Chelsea sign goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes for £22m.

Chelsea have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Rennes for £22m on a five-year deal.

The 28-year-old will compete with goalkeepers Kepa Arrizabalaga and Willy Caballero for a starting spot at Stamford Bridge this season.

Mendy said: "I am so excited to be joining Chelsea. It’s a dream for me to be a part of this exciting squad and to work with Frank Lampard and all of his coaching staff. I look forward to meeting my team-mates and can’t wait to get started."

On signing the Senegalese, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: "As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in.

"Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club."

Senegal shotstopper Mendy made 34 appearances for Rennes since joining the Ligue1 club from Reims in the summer of 2019.
Re: Mendy: "I Am So Excited To Be Joining Chelsea." by ignis: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
(congratulations to him
Re: Mendy: "I Am So Excited To Be Joining Chelsea." by Danny50: 2:36am On Sep 26, 2020
Happy 4 the money abi..

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Tottenham Vs Chelsea 1-1 (5-4 PEN) All Goals & Highlights / Paulo Dybala Has Been Linked With A Move To Join Chelsea From Juventus / Zaidu Sanusi Records UEFA Champions League Win With FC Porto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.