Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,950 members, 7,824,979 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Nigeria's Future Slipping Away From The Youths. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Future Slipping Away From The Youths. (490 Views)

When Buhari Finally Restructures Nigeria! (future Pic) / Inside Details Of How Buhari Chased SSS Away From Inner Aso Rock - Premium Times / My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Future Slipping Away From The Youths. by yorker: 5:03am On Mar 01, 2011
This thread is to call the attention of all Nairalanders to what has really been my concern, and as a matter of fact my greatest fair about the future of the coming Nigerians. Over the years, I ve been asking myself (perhaps am the only really crazy about this); is it a curse or what that almost all
youths are been addicted to FOOTBALL(soccer)?

Its so obvious that the youths of this country are been overtaken by their interest in football, to the extent that they pay less attention to other aspect of life such as their personal development (in training), research and information along with every other things that would make them captains of this nation in the future.

Ive decided not to mention the roles played by the governments not offering there best to help the youths, but what has the youths of this country done to help themselves? Is it in how much money they spend financing DSTV,La Liga, EUFA, X-BOX and PLAY STATION? Or by promoting all billionaire footballers who doesn't know who you are?

I'LL LIKE ALL NAIRALANDERS TO SHARE THEIR VIEWS ON THIS ISSUE. Am i the only one seeing this
Re: Nigeria's Future Slipping Away From The Youths. by vincent10(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2011
Football is a "demon" meant to steal the minds of the youths from self development. Politicians will continue to steal cause the youths who are suppose to speak out are busy watching premiership and champions league. Senators will continue to make obnoxious laws cause the youths refuse to speak out. I am a youth, but when i see my fellow youths crying, fighting, stabbing each other, even committing suicide because of football, i said to myself. Will the feature continue to remain pregnant?
Re: Nigeria's Future Slipping Away From The Youths. by vincent10(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2011
Football is a "demon" meant to steal the minds of the youths from self development. Politicians will continue to steal cause the youths who are suppose to speak out are busy watching premiership and champions league. Senators will continue to make obnoxious laws cause the youths refuse to speak out. I am a youth, but when i see my fellow youths crying, fighting, stabbing each other, even committing suicide because of football, i said to myself. Will the feature continue to remain pregnant?

(1) (Reply)

350 Dead, 500 Missing / Buhari Woos Ibb, Atiku, Gusau : As Jonathan, Ciroma Groups’ Talks Fail / Gej On An Exclusive Interview With Dbanj Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.