Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

EDO Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO Elections (211 Views)

Tinubu: I Will Speak On Edo Elections At The Appropriate Time / APC Has No Candidate In Edo Elections. Don't Waste Your Vote!! / INEC Chairman, Yakubu, Meets With Oba Of Benin Over Edo Elections (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EDO Elections by GUY85: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
*The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1 – 34*

1. In that time when men chooseth their kings, during the reign of Fortunate, the son of Igbenedion, it came to pass. A certain guy, whose name was Adams, the son of Osho, came from Mount Auchi. 2 He was the head of the tax collectors and the master of labor. He later became the governor of the entire province. And Adams stayed in Edo as governor for eight years.
3. Behold, the man Adams had excelled in speech during his reign and spoke several fierce and exalted words.
4 And his prayer, to the hearts of the people, was honey and wine.
5 He ruled the city with a powerful fist, and with a strong voice prophesied against the four walls of the nations, saying, North, South, East, and West;
6. "Woe to the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchists, to the men who elevated themselves as gods above citizens over this city".
7 "I say woe to them again. For I Adams, the son of Osho, will sweep out their reigns as the day wipeth out the darkness, and snatch their loincloth".
8 "I shall drive them out with a strong rod, and they shall flee. I'm going to smash their brass gates and smash their iron chains". And so it was.
9. That a man named Godwin, the son of Obaseki, had exalted himself at the end of the Eight Year Oshomole was to complete his rule, saying "I will be Governor."
10 Iyamu, the son of Ize, had also elevated himself at the same time, and said I would be Governor.
11. Adams looked up Obaseki's face and took his hand and kissed it and spoke with a voice saying," Do not be afraid, for I am with you, O thy faithful servant, I will carry you on my hands, thy mouth will speak good news, and thou shalt rule in my stead.
12 And when the right season for the contest came, it happened. In one deal, Adams and Obaseki went together to the outskirts of the villages, to the tabernacles.
13. Lo, Oshomole had kept the hand of his companions, saying with a loud voice," O cities of Edo, hear ye my counsel, O land of my inheritance, bear witness of thy comrade, for this is the one whom thou shalt vote for a faithful and just one!
14 Starting with the Iyamu kid, for he is vain and double-faced."
15 Don't cast your votes for him, because his mouth is slack.
16 Ye!-Ye! He put a saint's loincloth over it, but his heart is black than the ash of a widow. 17 Take from him the firstborn sons, for they dine in the cult of the devil.
18 Take out your kids, for he is a deformer!
19 And it came to pass that many men heard the voice of Adam, the son of Osho.
20 And there were more votes cast for Godwin on the day of reckoning than for Iyamu, and he was crowned governor to rule in Osho's stead.

21 And it came to be in the second year of the reign of Godwin, and as the dream of the night after the feast of the old year, that the young governor and the old governor were at odds with one another.
22 The current Governor called on people to say this. "He wants gold and silver from you, and I said no!!!. No man shall be the god of this land, for this is the very cause for which ye have struggled in your reign, and it shall stand, I say.
23 And it came to pass as the ear of Adam, the son of Osho, learned what the new governor had done. He was moaning in a loud way. 24 'On the throne is a traitor!!. Therefore, it would not be permitted for my eyes to behold the ungodly stand in judgment for long.
25 Because, yes! He bit the finger that had given him the bread. And his reign must be collected!. Thou shalt not go for another four years!"
26 And Godwin, the son of Obaseki, said, "Another guy, I shall go.
27 In the fourth year, in the month, and on the day on which a new opponent was to be selected to deal with Obaseki. Iyamu came forward and said, "Here I am, I am going to go." Then Adams gently whispered, saying, "I am with you."
28 And the citizens of the city rent their clothing, and cast their voice out in desolation, saying to Adam the son of Osho, Whom shall we go with? 29 Who are we going to believe? For God the Lord is not the creator of mystery, the one that ye named yesterday a leper, how is he now an angel turning? And the one that ye had called the Messiah the day before, how now the leper turneth.
30 For integrity is not like the coming and leaving of the day. Or like the spots of leopards, or like the stars, or the seasons that change. Dignity is like the Lord's word, which will live forever.
31 And it came to pass after these things, that the election was made in the province of the ancient city, on the nineteenth day of the ninth month, in the year of the crown of A.D., in the reign of Oba Ewaure II, the 40th!
32 That it was agreed by the people of Edo that light could beat the shadow thrown into the bottomless pit and godfatherism.
33 And, with more elections, Lo the Lord blessed Godwin, the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki, over his rivals, from the plain of Bini to Esan, and over the river Ikpoba to Owan, Etsako, and Akoko Edo.
34 And the prophecy of David, which states, God hath spoken once, twice have I learnt this, that power belongeth to God!.
Re: EDO Elections by SLAP44: 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thou shall not take the name on the Lord your God in vain.
Re: EDO Elections by BlowYourMind: 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
ok

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria A Very Useless Country Where Thieves Claim To Catch Fellow Thieves / Alleged Fraud Story On Binuyo Mischievous, Misleading - Counsel / BRING FREEDOM TO THE MIDDLE BELT DOWN TO THE OCEAN IN NIGERIA – VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.