Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Lost Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost Passport (878 Views)

Lost Passport Re-issue (help) / Getting Lost Passport Back / Lost Passport How To Get A New Int Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Passport by vodkat: 8:16am On Mar 01, 2011
I need little advice peeps, i lost my passport with a valid visa in it, God so good an airport security officer found it and now he is teeling me to give him 20k or no passport. i dont have 20k to give him, dont want to cause a scene there cos he did find the passport but now he wants to rip me off

Abeg i need ur advice pls
Re: Lost Passport by shakers(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2011
i think you should be grateful someone found it at all, do you know how much you would have spent to get it back and also the visa in it, well what i think you should do is bergain with the guy try to reduce to amount he demanded, although there are some guys that will find such stuffs and give it back without demanding a dime, but since this guy wants money just give him and live everything to God. once again be grateful to God that someone found it and willing to return it.
Re: Lost Passport by samtoye(m): 11:17am On Mar 01, 2011
Why are Nigerians such bloody opportunists why must he demand for money He must be out of his little mind!!!!!!! get a good phone with voice recorder, get him into a coversation and let him confess he has your passport, them report to the police with your evidence or get in touch with him, pretend all is well and you would give him the money and let policeman do the rest!!! ( remember you may have to tip the policeman too but not 20K) cunny man die cunny man bury am!!!!!
Re: Lost Passport by lolatom: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2011
OP,
Fine,the guy has done well by helping but It's not a crime you don't have money to give to the him. If the security is proving too difficult. Report him to the Authorities.
Re: Lost Passport by Fogman(m): 4:26pm On Mar 01, 2011
You re one lucky chap. Appreciate the guy by tipping him. He could ve sold it without informing you. You can bargain with him. In my place, there is a proverb that says: if the right washes the left hand, the left hand must wash the right hand in return.
Re: Lost Passport by anfanio: 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2011
Here are your options:
1. Report your passport (with visa) lost and get a police report. Take your report and get another passport and duplicate visa - that cancels the visa on your lost passport.
2. Set the guy up and get him arrested like someone suggested earlier.
3. Pay the guy.
However you look at it you will part away with money, if we can't stop corruption let's reduce it. My suggestions, your decision. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Qatar / . / Electronic Gadgets In Flight: The Truth N Future Possibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.