Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Dirty Fights In Holy Places - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dirty Fights In Holy Places (208 Views)

Who Should Partake In Holy Communion?? / Prophecy Says Trump Will Be Baptized In Holy Spirit, Build The Wall And Win 2020 / Goliath Skull Found In Holy Land With David Stone Still At His Forehead - PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dirty Fights In Holy Places by Benwallt(m): 5:51am On Sep 25, 2020
A memorable fun it was for me growing up in the Methodist Church in Ibadan, Nigeria. It was the same ravishingly exciting experience for all young people in my cohort. The church designed a lot of other fun events that got kids like me loving church. I remember the bazaars on Mondays following every church anniversary when food was in surfeit supply. I remember choir practice my dad did not have to force us to attend. Singing in the choir was my first love. It was in our home. You couldn’t be an authentic member of my family if you didn’t like to sing. However, the Methodist church where my dad was a leading lay preacher was not perfect because it was a gathering of human beings with blood flowing in their veins. With my eavesdropping infantile ears, I got to hear a lot of bickering and accounts of feuds between families and individuals in the church leadership. As a child, I did not understand the depth of the life truth that in any gathering of human beings, there will always be offences and misunderstandings.

A few of my friends who were members of the Anglican and the Baptist churches confirmed that the same in-fights going on between families in our church were also common occurrences in theirs. Then I grew up and met the woman who later became my wife. She had converted from Islam to Christianity and her first place of worship in her new faith was a big Pentecostal assembly. She succeeded in convincing me to pitch my tent with hers. And as we nurtured up together in the relationship, it became a reinforced truth we both discovered that wherever you find human beings, no matter how anointed they claim to be, there will be fights.

Many members of the Pentecostal church all over the world always pride themselves as saints who know the heart and mind of God better than everybody else. Pentecostals sound off like God’s deputies in kingdom matters. Unfortunately, in the same fold, just like other denominations, people fight each other dirty. In some cases, these fights are worse than duels in the occult. Pastors fight pastors. Assistant Pastor fights the Senior Pastor. Senior pastor fights the members of the Board of Trustees.

Members fight each other and the pastor. Ministers fight overseers, and overseers fight bishops. In white American churches that I once attended, there were and still are fights. Black-American churches are also full of fights. And African churches are proficient in fights. When pastors break away from the mother church to start theirs, they fight. When someone in the Sunday School thinks he can preach better than the pastor, he fights and flees to run his own tent. When the Head Usher’s wife does not like the way the pastor’s wife’s dresses, there is a fight. When people are broke, there are fights. Pastors in the same city fight each other for membership and territorial supremacy. If brothers or sisters born of the same womb plant churches in the same city, they will fight each other.

If their parents are alive, they may help douse the tension. But if their parents are not living, the fight will become generational. The church of the living God today has become one big arena of sometimes brutal, senseless and endless fights. It has become a battlefield over power and ego. Methodist Church members can’t stand the Catholic church and vice versa. Pentecostal churches think Anglican members will not make heaven as if they have control over that. Cherubim and Seraphims despise the CAC. And on-and-on in the body of Christ.

Recently, I counted 15 churches that have sprung from our church. Over the last 19 years, however, 11 of them fought with me and one another in my little church to set up their own. The fighters fought and attempted to break up the small church into smaller bits and lure members to start their own. In the process, they had to tell lies and stories of things that never happened.
Re: Dirty Fights In Holy Places by petra1(m): 6:06am On Sep 25, 2020
Its not so fod every church it deoends on what atmosphere rule in a place . And also what kind of teaching they hear. Fod example The bullying and insults by chirstians on nairaland is not the same with others.

Jam 3:14 — Jam 3:15
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

I
Re: Dirty Fights In Holy Places by padi94(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2020
It is what it is
Re: Dirty Fights In Holy Places by PlayerMeji: 8:00am On Sep 25, 2020
Fights and disagreements are part of growth.

They provide fodder for new ideas hence the resulting growth that comes from them.

Imagine in the time of John the Baptist, while he was locked in prison his disciples came to tell him that Jesus Christ's disciples were increasing while he, John's disciples were dwindling..
He said that was how it was supposed to be.

Historically, what usually happened was for disciples of different sects to fight whenever they meet each other. It was a fight of superiority but when Jesus came, he admonished his disciples against fighting with other sects and this brought about him having more followers.

That was how he changed the ideology of superiority fights between sects with his approach of LOVE.

(1) (Reply)

They Were Calling Me Jehovah Witness! / Creflo Dollar Sunday Live Service October 18 2020 / Which Dent Is Deadlier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.