Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products (21494 Views)

LASCOPA Seals Supermarket At Ogba For Displaying Expired Products / COVID-19: Abia Government Seals Church, Market In Aba / Lagos Seals Big Boss Supermarket Over Sale Of Expired Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by ikorodureporta: 7:28am On Sep 25, 2020
LASCOPA SEALS WAREHOUSE FOR REPACKAGING EXPIRED PRODUCTS

In a bid to further ensure the protection of consumers from unwholesome products, the Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA) has sealed Canvest Nigeria Limited warehouse, located at Plot 4, Cocoa Industrial Road, Ogba, Ikeja, for repackaging unwholesome and expired curry powder with the name Chinchilli and Ducross for sale.

Acting on an anonymous tip-off from a member of the public, the Special Monitoring Team of LASCOPA, led by its General Manager, Mrs. Kemi Olugbode paid an unscheduled assessment visit to the warehouse to verify the claim.

The General Manager, speaking after the exercise, stated that the enforcement team discovered thousands of expired products stored in cartons, while some were found in sacks that were ready to be repackaged for sale in the market.

She said “It is unfortunate that some business owners are endangering the lives of residents in the State for pecuniary gains by selling unwholesome products to unsuspecting consumers. This is unacceptable to the government and the Agency is totally committed to protecting and promoting the rights of all consumers from products that are unsafe for human consumption”.

While stressing that staff of the company involved in the fraudulent operation have been arrested, Olugbode disclosed that the property will remain sealed until the government commences prosecution of the owners of the warehouse and all those arrested.

Mrs. Olugbode also encouraged members of the public to support the present administration's determination to rid Lagos of all illegal activities by reporting those who are engaged in unwholesome activities that are detrimental to the health of residents.

#LASG
#ForAGreaterLagos

source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3516419795045928&id=492378324116772

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by SLAP44: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2020
Witch hunting exercise.

Is it not in this same country that the government gave several trailers of expired rice to many south west states to eat? Till today, nobody has sealed the federal government and no government staff has been arrested since then.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by helinues: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2020
Better

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by udoka55555: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2020
Most of the things we consume here are expired...

They go to big stores and buy almost expired goods.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by tobechi74: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2020
Abi fek no pay task
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by majamajic(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2020
The funny thing is that from the sealed warehouse , the goods will still be trekking to the market , but nice job by the agency . They should also make sure the goods didn't short too , that's the most important .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by SmartProf(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2020
SLAP44:
Witch hunting exercise.

Is it not in this same country that the government gave several trailers of expired rice to many south west states to eat? Till today, nobody has sealed the federal government and no government staff has been arrested since then.
Two wrongs don't make a right. The Lagos State govt has decided to do things right to protect the public, and that should be commended.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Birdeyeview: 9:04am On Sep 25, 2020
SLAP44:
Witch hunting exercise.

U really need to be slapped as ur moniker implies.
two wrongs can never make a right.
at the end its the consumers that would end up suffering

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by SLAP44: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2020
SmartProf:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes I know, but that matter was hurriedly swept under the carpet. This one might just being blown up just because of the identity of the people concerned.

Nigeria fights corruption only when the wrong people are involved.

Boko haran and bandits shoot thousands up north, they are arrested and pardoned, even employed into the same military they slaughtered. Boys plays football in the east, DSS, army,police, air force will open fire on them with live bullets.

That's how it starts, selective application of justice.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by zikcash(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Kj
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Bar1941(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Arrest the owner and sentence him to death because s/he is equally a potential killer.

SLAP44:
Witch hunting exercise.

wink

I know you will take side with your brothers from the bEAST cos you know they are the only greedy set of people that can carry out such inhumane act.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by AFULA(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
okay
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Goldenheart(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
sad
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Sarmiz24(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by tigoba: 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
Okay
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Elvictor: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
please do more
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by KingAzari: 12:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

Why do I have to swear to this bullsh!t to comment on Islamic posts on Fridays but such swearing is not required on Sundays on Christianity posts?

Seun, can you please explain why that is?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by updatechange(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank God it was bursted, this people could have succeeded in churning out fake and expired products to lagosian and Nigeria atlarge

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by loadedvibes: 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Damn.. this is wicked.. those people shouldn't be let of easily.

But this is equivalent to throwing a stone into the market..you have no idea who it will hit.. damn let's taper down on the wickedness in this country please I beg ya all

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by TPound(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
No wonder my stomach was singing toilet man when I ate concussion rice last week
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by bigpsalmmy: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please what is bad is bad, it has no other name. we should stop this sentimental reasoning of issues. Ok can you imagine you or a loved one buying this product, consume it and later developing kidney failure. How many people here can pay the price of a transplant, talk less of the pains.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
KingAzari:
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by gstelly: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
I laugh in pidgin
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
That's a good move from the Lagos State Government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by KINGJAJA888(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
cool
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by govomotors: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
They need to visit Garki Market. At Garki market they have start bagging and sawing BIG BULL rice. The repackage ones are dirty with chaff.
Re: Lagos State Government Seals Warehouse For Repackaging Expired Products by SLAP44: 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
Bar1941:
Arrest the owner and sentence him to death because s/he is equally a potential killer.

wink

I know you will take side with your brothers from the bEAST cos you know they are the only greedy set of people that can carry out such inhumane act.

Selective application of justice has already destroyed Nigeria. You have no country again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: How Are Your Colleagues & Organizations Adapting To Mask Culture? / Amethyst Oral HIV Test Kit Helps You Test Yourself For HIV / Hearing Aid International Clinic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.