Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Five Magic Words - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Five Magic Words (473 Views)

As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? / 11 Illustrations Showing That Moms Definitely Use Magic / Jaaruma Addresses Money, Power, Sex, Love, Magic, Jazz, Juju, Asiri, Domination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Five Magic Words by VirtueDigest: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2020
Just like the name “Five Magic Words,” it has the magical power of turning a situation around for good. They are simple words used while interacting with others to portray good manners and to leave everyone with a pleasant feeling.

The words show our sense of responsibility and tell strangers that we are well-behaved and groomed. The words are Please, Sorry, Thank you, Pardon me and Excuse me. Something to note about these words is that, it gives people around us some level of positive confidence and trust.

It should be noted that communication is key to our existence as humans and understanding the importance of these five magic words will enable us to interact and transact in peace with one another. Let’s explain the five magic words:

PLEASE
Your approach really matters. It won’t be nice asking for help from someone without adding the word please. You don’t want to be seen as rude. Therefore, it should be applicable to everyone irrespective of their age. For example, “please, could you help me with that pen?”

SORRY
This word is used to render an apology to someone you have offended. Some people find it so hard to say sorry or feel sorry for what they have done which is very bad. The word sorry brings healing and the magic behind it is that, it also brings forgiveness and peace of mind.

THANK YOU
This is used to appreciate people for the good will they have done. There are some people that are never grateful for anything rather, they always feel cheated or the person has not done enough. You should learn to appreciate people no matter how little what they did. The magic here is that, when you appreciate the little, the person will be encouraged to do more.

Read More: https://virtuedigest.com/the-five-magic-words/
Re: The Five Magic Words by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2020
thank you is the most important. sadly people don't value it
Re: The Five Magic Words by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yes and we do a sing song with it to teach the kinders.

There are five magic words 2x
There are five magic words that I know
Please
Excuse me
Sorry
Thank you
And the last one
Pardon me.

Now after that we relate each magic word to their daily interactions with people and how to use them. It's fun.

I think the word "sorry' is the most important of them all as it resolves the toughest of conflicts which could be life threatening. But one can still be overlooked if you don't say a simple "thank you". In all, they all work together for better relationship among people.

Nice one Op.

1 Like

Re: The Five Magic Words by Chynwe(f): 4:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
They are indeed magic words.I remember those days as a kid that my dad will hold lectures for us on magic words and their usefulness.nostalgic feeling I have got right now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clearance!clearance!! / I Saw This New Earbud With 5000mah Power Bank At Cheap Price - Is This Real? / The Barber And His Small Business - A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.