Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Here Is How And Why Some Niger Delta Igbos Began To Deny Their Heritage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Is How And Why Some Niger Delta Igbos Began To Deny Their Heritage (1448 Views)

IPOB Infiltration Of Lagos: Let Peace Reign - Delta Igbos / I Wish Delta Igbos Can Learn From Emefiele Trend. / Borno IDPs: "Nigerian Soldiers Raped Us In Camps But We Were Forced To Deny It" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Here Is How And Why Some Niger Delta Igbos Began To Deny Their Heritage by whirlwind7(m): 4:02am On Sep 26, 2020
ElexObi1:
History never dies. someone should please summarize and tell me what happened at the end .

A morbidly lazy mind who wished for his own history to be narrated for him by somebody else sad

Sorry but, that is exactly how history dies or at least gets twisted to suit whoever decided to give you a watered down version of something you should have read for yourself.

The moment I saw this thread, it didn't take me more than seven minutes to read and fully grasp it. Seven minutes...think about it.
Re: Here Is How And Why Some Niger Delta Igbos Began To Deny Their Heritage by whirlwind7(m): 4:06am On Sep 26, 2020
chrisxxx:

I am from that tribe and people you desire and long to be identified with you. But we consider ourselves a superior race.

Superior in what sense?
Care to explain?

I thought chest beating was strictly an Igbo thing? grin
Re: Here Is How And Why Some Niger Delta Igbos Began To Deny Their Heritage by proeast(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2020
AniOmaa:
Proeast,

A REAL Anioma son much more an Asaba blood can never deny his Igboness. Note that I highlighted "Real", this is because a lot of the phoneys with identity crisis who parade themselves on the internet as "Anioma" and go as far as to deny their Igboness are either not even Anioma to start with (we've seen enough of impostors especially from a particular tribe who do this a lot, just to cause division among the Igbo nation), or even if they are Anioma; they are typically the Benin-philic ones from some parts of Ukwani, Agbor, Iselle-Uku and other Ika areas that tend to spite the Igbos. The Enuani people like us from areas like Asaba, Ogwashi-Ukwu, Igbodo etc areas have never questioned our Igboness. This are the Enuani areas that that produced the likes of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Colonel Achuzia, JJ Okocha, Dennis Osadebay etc that have always identified with their Igboness.

The turncoats like Philip Asiodu and the likes don't count, saboteurs exist in all tribes and civilizations anyways so they are as good as negligible.

God bless you my brother for making this clarification as a son of the soil. I'm so happy that the part or section of Anioma that wears its Igbo heritage as a batch of honour is actually the section that matters most in the grand scheme of things. While great and influential Igbo monarchs like the Obi of Onitsha and the Asagba of Asaba are promoting a one, indivisible and united Igbo nation, some unknown scalar quantities are out there confusing themselves.

Thank God that Asaba city itself and the most influential Anioma sons and daughters, some of whom you mentioned already knows there is no difference among Igbos both East and West of the River Niger. Any section that is stvpid enough to see their heritage as Benin in whatever guise can relocate or join them while we unite the progressive ones. Asaba has grown so fast in recent times to what it is today based on its synergy with Onitsha in particular and the Igbo nation in general.

Anaghi agwa ochi nti n'agha esula, maka na ndi ekweghi ekwe ga ekwe n'ute ekwere cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Youngest Academic To Become A Senior Advocate Of Nigeria / Please Emulate ESN stop attacking Legitimate Fulani Living In Town. / 5-0. Buhari Filling Major World Institutions With Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.