Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

I Want To Sue Nairabet - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Sue Nairabet (1447 Views)

Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO / Nairabet Suffered N100M Loss Over The Weekend / Why You Should Never Become Nairabet Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
Good evening everybody,i am just going to go straight to the point. I am a bettor and I've been betting for years.

I played a particular match on the 12th of September and after the outcome of the match, the bet i placed was marked as won. I was excited,i tried to withdraw my winnings only for nairabet to tell me that i should not be angry,that the odd was a wrong odd.

I mean how is that my business,i mean I've been loosing for a long time and you've never given me back my money,it is now that luck has smiled on me that you know that it is a wrong odd.

I called them out on twitter and they said they'll reach a reasonable conclusion. It seems like Nairabet wants to play a fast one on me and I'm ready to match them toe-to-toe.

I need advise on how to go about this case legally because i know i have a winnable case

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Screenshots

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Newman20(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ok as of now is it possible for you to get your money back since they told you it was a wrong odd. If you can then do that. If you take this to the court of law you may end up spending more money than you would make.

My 2 cents tho

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Newman20(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
Seun Lalasticlala

Front page

Let this guy have his case resolved abeg.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by MikeMicheal(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
But if you had lost the match, they wouldnt return your money and say the odd was typed in error.

Mynd44 dominique abeg help this guy push it to front page.
THIS IS A FRAUDULENT ATTEMPT BY NAIRABET

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Lol.Fraudsters?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
Newman20:
Ok as of now is it possible for you to get your money back since they told you it was a wrong odd. If you can then do that. If you take this to the court of law you may end up spending more money than you would make.

My 2 cents tho
If i eventually proceed to court, they're definitely paying for damages

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
MikeMicheal:
But if you had lost the match, they wouldnt return your money and say the odd was typed in error.

Mynd44 dominique abeg help this guy push it to front page.
THIS IS A FRAUDULENT ATTEMPT BY NAIRABET
On the twitter thread,those that played over 2.5 had their bet marked as loss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2020
Newman20:
Seun Lalasticlala

Front page

Let this guy have his case resolved abeg.
Thank you,please SEUN help a helpless Nigerian
Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
NNU0000:
Lol.Fraudsters?
It is so absurd,i mean the bet was marked as won and then after 4days after the match has been played,they decided to mark the bet as a voided bet

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
Screenshot of when the bet was marked as a WON bet

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
harry2sexy:

It is so absurd,i mean the bet was marked as won and then after 4days after the match has been played,they decided to mark the bet as a voided bet
4 LONG DAYS!I wonder what would've happened If you lost or transferred the money to another user.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by ayodele17893: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
pickup of when the gamble was marked as a WON gamble

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
http://nairaland.com/Akinalabi was last seen about 1 yr ago

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by PlayerMeji: 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2020
Bro, I know you are trying to help but I will advise that you don't give someone that talk of 'if you go to court you will spend more money than you will make'

This is the very reason we are where we are in this country....

When someone does you something bad you are supposed to seek redress in the court of law and abide by whatever judgment you get.

It should not be the monetary gratification that should be our primary concern....

When we discourage people and encourage tell them to turn another cheek to wrongdoings, I can assure you that eventually we would be taken for granted because the culprits know that we are fearful even in our innocence.

This can never happen in oyinbo land because the victim knows he will seek the sympathy of the law and will get justice by whatever way possible.

OP, go to court... No pity anybody... Eventually, you will reach an agreement... But never fear to fight for your rights!!!!

Newman20:

My 2 cents tho

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by nairaclass: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2020
I have always advised my numerous subscribers to use foreign bookie bcoz all these Nigerian bookies are not trustworthy.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Mavrick2012: 6:48am On Sep 26, 2020
harry2sexy:

If i eventually proceed to court, they're definitely paying for damages
wishing you success, hoping they don't have a far stronger legal team.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Johnrake69: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2020
Mavrick2012:
wishing you success, hoping they don't have a far stronger legal team.

The strategy will be to make alot of noise if winning is not possible. They have more to lose in terms of reputation than the young man. I don't see any reason why this guy can't get a 7 figures check from them.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Mide3367: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
Why would u bet sef
Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:00am On Sep 28, 2020
It is part of their terms and conditions, you accepted it. "Nairabet have the right to cancel, void or terminate bets" etc Every bookie or most bookies have that in their terms and conditions, so customer can't use it against them. Sorry man

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by harry2sexy(m): 6:23am On Sep 28, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
It is part of their terms and conditions, you accepted it. "Nairabet have the right to cancel, void or terminate bets" etc Every bookie or most bookies have that in their terms and conditions, so customer can't use it against them. Sorry man

Who is this,please? I've filed the case already,sending it to the head office this morning? T&C doesn't give Nairabet the right to steal from Customers

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by famouscargo4u: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2020
You have a very good case. you may get a lawyer to write a letter to the company threatening lawsuit if it is not reversed. nairabet should do the needful because they are in the wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Tunex252(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2020
harry2sexy:

Who is this,please? I've filed the case already,sending it to the head office this morning? T&C doesn't give Nairabet the right to steal from Customers
True

Nairabet are criminals right from day 1, that why I don't use their platform... OP sue them

If the ticket lost now, they won't refund your money and say it's a wrong odd... THIS IS A PURE FRAUD angry

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by tobechi74: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2020
Betting company are found by greedy persons and played by greedy persons. Congrats,u just met your elder brother in the game

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:52am On Sep 28, 2020
harry2sexy:

It is written there, here is proof and you may end up wasting time, effort and money as they will show you the terms and conditions.

Terms and conditions are like business features that one can accept or reject. E.g. it is part of most cigarette company to add "smokers are liable to die Young", this may be true for many and one may not hold the company responsible for any health depreciation or live loss as a result of smoking.

In other words, Nairabet and some bookie have that feature in their terms and conditions, it is left for users to reject or accept and do not complain about such agreement.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue Nairabet by midemillz(m): 6:05am On Sep 18, 2021
Eeyah you must be fun at parties.. if you don't geddifok of here. Even extremely wealthy people play bets let alone others.. senseless rant
tobechi74:
Betting company are found by greedy persons and played by greedy persons. Congrats,u just met your elder brother in the game

(1) (Reply)

I Have N300k / In Need Of Olden Days Stuffs / Shopping Abroad/online From Nigeria - Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.