Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Remember Nigeria’s First Millionaire 61 Yr's After His Death, Nothing Has Been - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remember Nigeria’s First Millionaire 61 Yr's After His Death, Nothing Has Been (551 Views)

One Yr After The Loss Of Their Only Child, D’banj & Wife, Expecting Anoda Child / Confirmed! 1 Yr After Losing Twins, Funke Akindele And Hubby Welcome Another Set / Caroline Danjuma: I Dated Tagbo Umeike; Why I Called Davido Out Over His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember Nigeria’s First Millionaire 61 Yr's After His Death, Nothing Has Been by Anoibidickson10(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2020
Many people might be wondering about who was the first to make a million Naira in Nigeria, what was the nature of his work and how he was able to gather such amount…(..)

Many of us are acquainted with his name already but never new who he was, we just think our parents were saying some slogans in irony, never new it was the name of Nigeria’s first Millionaire,our parent most especially those of us in Lagos will say in Yoruba ” She mo jo Da Rocha?” meaning “do I look like Da Rocha” when you asked them of money or you become a.....(..)

Well who is Da Rosha? His full name is Candido Joao Da Rocha, who lives between 1860 to 1959, in some literature he is said to be a Nupe by tribe while some said he is a Yoruba Man which I agree with, he is born to Joao Esan Da Rocha from Ilesha in present day Osun State...(..) His father was captured into slavery at the age of ten and therefore taken to Brazil where he was born. His father came back to Nigeria in 1870 and stayed in Lagos where he established several businesses that were inherited by him after his father’s death...........(......)
https://naijabizz.com.ng/remembering-nigerias-first-millionaire-61-years-after-his-death-nothing-has-been-named-after-him/

Read More,See Images/

Re: Remember Nigeria’s First Millionaire 61 Yr's After His Death, Nothing Has Been by xreal: 8:03am On Sep 26, 2020
I will read later.

1 Like

Re: Remember Nigeria’s First Millionaire 61 Yr's After His Death, Nothing Has Been by Zazzzu(m): 8:18am On Sep 26, 2020
which kind yeye tribalism be dis one.. "some literature say him be nupe and some say him be yoruba" and u believed he was yoruba because u think only yoruba can make millions..

1 Like

Re: Remember Nigeria’s First Millionaire 61 Yr's After His Death, Nothing Has Been by Anoibidickson10(m): 8:18am On Sep 26, 2020
cry
Zazzzu:
which kind yeye tribalism be dis one.. "some literature say him be nupe and some say him be yoruba" and u believed he was yoruba because u think only yoruba can make millions..

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija's Ozo Is The Newest Ambassador With Skin Care Company @jennysglownigeria / Bbnaija Nengi Shows Up For PH Meet &greet As A Bayelsa Princess, Dances For Them / Toyin Abraham And Hubby Kola Ajeyemi In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.