Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

A Question On Forgiveness ( To For Give And Forget) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question On Forgiveness ( To For Give And Forget) (230 Views)

Does The Bible Instruct Us To Forgive And Forget? / 9 Powerful Quotes On Forgiveness To Help You Release The Pain Of The Past / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question On Forgiveness ( To For Give And Forget) by Ogaonos: 11:47am On Sep 26, 2020
as Christianity we are taught to forgive Nd forget those who offend us which means you accept those who offend u back .but what a scenario DT I read when a wife pay a hitman to kill u her hussy so that she can claim Ur property plus life insurance.and the hitman out of respect and conscience tell u with hard evidence.what the wise way to forgive such a wife DT desire for Ur death.
another is Ur uncle want to destroy u due to envy and have succeeded partially but with divine intervention he was dislodged and has confessed.now how do u wisely forget such an uncle knowing he wanted u to suffer and die.do u forgive and forget his wickedness against u Nd accept me back.PASTORS AND BELIEVERS I NEED UR INPUT ON. THIS MATTER.
Re: A Question On Forgiveness ( To For Give And Forget) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ogaonos:
as Christianity we are taught to forgive Nd forget those who offend us which means you accept those who offend u back .but what a scenario DT I read when a wife pay a hitman to kill u her hussy so that she can claim Ur property plus life insurance.and the hitman out of respect and conscience tell u with hard evidence.what the wise way to forgive such a wife DT desire for Ur death.
another is Ur uncle want to destroy u due to envy and have succeeded partially but with divine intervention he was dislodged and has confessed.now how do u wisely forget such an uncle knowing he wanted u to suffer and die.do u forgive and forget his wickedness against u Nd accept me back.PASTORS AND BELIEVERS I NEED UR INPUT ON. THIS MATTER.

The Law of Forgiveness does not change. It is Always applicable in all cases.

Forgive because you, yourself, offend another.

So bottom line is, someone offends you, you offend another, so do what you know is good so that another, shall do Good to you in accordance with the Law that says "Do unto others, what you want done unto you"
Re: A Question On Forgiveness ( To For Give And Forget) by Missyajoke(f): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ogaonos:

My advice to such people his to forgive them and move on with your life. OP after forgiving them you'll give them their own space and you still have to be careful with such people.

Shalom.
Re: A Question On Forgiveness ( To For Give And Forget) by Ogaonos: 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The Law of Forgiveness does not change. It is Always applicable in all cases.

Forgive because you, yourself, offend another.

So bottom line is, someone offends you, you offend another, so do what you know is good so that another, shall do Good to you in accordance with the Law that says "Do unto others, what you want done unto you"
yes that easy if is not a life threatening offend.but in a scenario when the person that offended u by attempting to kill u.bvos when u forgive and forget does that means u can accept that person back into Ur life or act like nuthing happen and continue with the friendship with such a person.

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Stake On This / How We're Using Whatsapp To Help Churches Reach More Of Their Members / Salvation For Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.