Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

School Resumption: Comr. Levi Zachariah Commends Rivers State Government. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Resumption: Comr. Levi Zachariah Commends Rivers State Government. (383 Views)

Speech By Comr. Levi Zachariah George Nurss Nat'l President During The Internati / NURSS NATIONAL PRESIDENT Comr. Levi Zachariah George, Talks on School Reopening. / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

School Resumption: Comr. Levi Zachariah Commends Rivers State Government. by Notjustzaki(m): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
NATIONAL UNION OF RIVERS STATE STUDENTS (NURSS)
NATIONAL SECRETARIAT (WORLDWIDE)

26-09-2020

✓ SCHOOL RESUMPTION: COMR. LEVI ZACHARIAH GEORGE COMMENDS RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT.[b][/b]

✓ CHARGES RIVERS STATE STUDENTS TO PREPARE AHEAD OF RESUMPTION.

The President National Union of Rivers State Students, Comr. Levi Zachariah George has welcomed the resumption of school activities from the 5th of October, 2020, as announced by the Rivers State Government through the Commissioner of Education, Prof Kaniye Ebeku after the State Executive Council meeting, held yesterday, Friday, 25th September, 2020

Comr Zachariah described the development as a 'welcomed one' in a chat with news men in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital shortly after the announcement.

Zachariah while reacting to the development commended the Rivers State Governor, His Excellency Chief Barr. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, for upholding the yearnings of all stakeholders in the educational sector by safely reopening schools for academic activities to thrive.

He said: "I unequivocally commend the Governor of Rivers, His Excellency, Chief Barr. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike POS Africa, Mr. Quality Project for this bold step taken which will ensure our schools are safely reopened to serve the purpose of their establishment.

I also salute the honourable commissioner of Education, Prof. Kaniye Ebeku for his relentless efforts and sacrifices in making sure students acquire knowledge while at home through the radio and television programmes for primary and secondary schools in the state."

Similarly, the NURSS National President also expressed his readiness to personally go round schools in the state to complement government's effort and also carry out massive sensitization so that students can conveniently comply with the measures propagated by NCDC as it relates to curbing COVID-19 without being coerced.

Zachariah continued: "I call on well meaning stakeholders in the educational sector to join the State Government in making sure our schools and it's environs are safe and conducive for the students to have a comfortable learning environment.

I will also go out to the different schools in the state with members of my executive council to carry out massive sensitization, check the state of preparedness, and also monitor their activities for the health and safety of all Rivers State Students: I am ceasing this opportunity to call on all our students to get prepared for the resumption of my academic activities and adhere strictly to all precautionary guidelines released by NCDC." He concluded.

SIGNED:
GIDEON MURRAY JNR
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY, NURSS, WORLDWIDE.

(1) (Reply)

5 Apps You Must Use Daily As A (futo) Freshman To Increase Productivity. / What Do First Class Graduates Do, And What I Did / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Graduates 235 In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.