Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price (278 Views)

5 Reasons Why Online Retailers Are Crushing Brick-and-mortar Merchants / RE- DM For Price: The Reason Why Many Online Vendors Do It / DM For Price: Why Do Online Vendors Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:09am On Sep 27, 2020
I saw a post earlier by Pocohantas that talked on why online vendors tell client to dm them for price.
https://www.nairaland.com/6138119/dm-price-why-online-vendors
It's a strategy that's not to be totally condemned. It has it's advantages & disadvantages. Also, hat's what works in Nigeria, especially South West. I sell goods online. There are times we ll put price on products n it ll lead to another competitor to lessen theirs.
Marketing has various tools & if you really want to succeed (especially in a saturated online marketing), you v to be savvy.
From my own survey, dm me for price hasn't reduced my customer ratio.
The following are reasons why they do so
1. To conceal prices from competitors (fellow online vendors): How ll you feel when you discover people are selling faster/better than you cos they reduced their price than yours cos they saw yours online.

2. To be able to maintain a bargaining rate of choice: Some goods don't v fixed prices. I can choose to sell N2500 for someone & N3000 for another client. There's no sin in that.

3. To prevent negotiating fixed prices. Some believe they can negotiate anything.

These are some few points I v.
Lastly, this is Nigeria. What works here may not be ideal in other places.
If you want to survive with your online business, be savvy. Keep prices that you feel you should keep & reveal those to be revealed!
When you see dm for price, some May v genuine reasons. Dm them if you like what they are selling.
I may get some rebuttals but be rest assured that this account holder is a multiple time nairaland ex-convict.
Ask seun, you won't dare quote me to insult me!

Cc: lalasticlala seun mukina2 Pocohantas

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price by tobechi74: 5:20am On Sep 27, 2020
You try sha

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price by Aminobrown(m): 6:08am On Sep 27, 2020
U get point, but dat no price tag still discourage most pipo wu mite not necessarily want to buy, but placing a price dat suits dem mite jst prompt dem to strike a deal

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2020
Jumia, Konga are the biggest online market places. If they tell people to DM for price, they won't be where they are now.
Re: Reason Why Online Vendors Write Dm Me For Price by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2020
Aminobrown:
U get point, but dat no price tag still discourage most pipo wu mite not necessarily want to buy, but placing a price dat suits dem mite jst prompt dem to strike a deal
You also v a point. Like I said it has it's advantage n disadvantages

Bubewilson:
Jumia, Konga are the biggest online market places. If they tell people to DM for price, they won't be where they are now.
When you are credible, your biz ll grow.
When you aren't biz savvy, your biz ll encounter itches.
I reveal prices that's to be revealed. My reasons are above in the first post.

(1) (Reply)

Another Hot Airdrop In October / Mini Importation / VTU Reseller Business Have Got Easier, Simple Step To Start.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.