Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married (746 Views)

Why Do Full Gospel Christian Ministers Perish? / Buhari Asks Two Christian Ministers To Pray At FEC Meeting / Why Are Christian Ministers Contending With Demons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 5:18am On Sep 27, 2020
If marriage were compulsory, Jesus would have done so.I am not against the idea of getting married. I am only saying marriage is not for everyone. The assumption that one can only be fulfilled while married is false . Many propeller of this fallacy quote the Bible to back up their claim.

It is not good for man to be alone

It is not good for anyone to be alone . Eve was to be a companion and not a marriage partner . One can feel alone while being married . The verse only validates the fact that no one is an Ireland. We need someone to lean on . Marriage is a concept created by man to bring order in the society. No one has been arrested for choosing to remain single.

Many of us get married because we need kids. There are many orphans down there craving to get married. Go adopt them . Except off course you are searching for your own child to shower selfish love .

Everyone is meant to have children. Eli the priest was not meant to have children as that would disturb his mission on Earth so his wife womb was shut for years. Having a wife would not affect his goal. After persistent prayer, he finally had a child. He had to choose between disciplining his children or spending time in the church. He chose the later. His children became wayward.

Zaccharia was another priest who had difficulty in having a son.It was not until he was very old that he was permitted too. This tells us that those who are called to work in God institution are not meant to have children as that could affect their work .They are permitted to have a helper, a partner, a wife ,a maid etc.

This brings me to the only reason to get married .We should get married when getting married enables us to achieve our life purpose.

Jesus knew his mission on Earth .He knew it involves wandering from one place to another spreading the message. The stress of travelling with his family all the Tim would slow down his movement. He could not afford to take them to the mountain and through the sea. He knew his message would invoke the wrath of the pharasees who would happily transfer their aggression to his wife and children . Peter who was already married had to leave his wife behind to follow Jesus. His wife must have felt sad as a result. His children must have been angry with their father for being unavailable. It is better not to get married than to abandon your partner midway. one had to pace way for another.

Marriage is settling down . Those whose purpose involve moving around have no business settling down.A Catholic priest could be posted to three different countries in a year as part of missionary work. Relocating their family all the time would prove cumbersome. This is why Catholic priest do not get married. I am not condemning clergy who get married. I only ask that each should examine the nature of his calling. One who is fixed at a particular place to grow an already planted church can marry. Missionaries who go about converting people and planting churches can abstain.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by hopeforcharles(m): 5:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Marriage is fulfilling a purpose itself, marriage is not compulsory but very beneficial, marriage can help you attain you goals faster
People have reasons to abstain but it is still preferable to get married.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Op 99% of people reading the scripture don't actually understand it, bible is a complete revelation from GOD, there was these gods worshiped in Corinthian called gods of AFRODAT, people on pilgrimage to Corinthian used to go for fornication, very beautiful set of people, so when St Paul went for pilgrimage he saw how men and women worshiping this gods with fornication and he told them, don't you know that your body is the temple of the holy spirit, he advised them in Corinthian if you cannot stay go and get a wife and marry, marriage is actually for people who cannot stay . OP marriage is not compulsory but never fornicate if you are not married.

2 Likes

Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Just for the sake of unassuming viewers.

This is a thread of a homosexual/gay advocate.

https://www.nairaland.com/6131188/christian-dad-discussed-homosexuality-son

So be warned.

Thanks.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Lhanre(m): 5:30am On Sep 27, 2020
tobechi74:
If marriage were compulsory, Jesus would have done so.I am not against the idea of getting married. I am only saying marriage is not for everyone. The assumption that one can only be fulfilled while married is false . Many propeller of this fallacy quote the Bible to back up their claim.

It is not good for man to be alone

It is not good for anyone to be alone . Eve was to be a companion and not a marriage partner . One can feel alone while being married . The verse only validates the fact that no one is an Ireland. We need someone to lean on . Marriage is a concept created by man to bring order in the society. No one has been arrested for choosing to remain single.

Many of us get married because we need kids. There are many orphans down there craving to get married. Go adopt them . Except off course you are searching for your own child to shower selfish love .

Everyone is meant to have children. Eli the priest was not meant to have children as that would disturb his mission on Earth so his wife womb was shut for years. Having a wife would not affect his goal. After persistent prayer, he finally had a child. He had to choose between disciplining his children or spending time in the church. He chose the later. His children became wayward.

Zaccharia was another priest who had difficulty in having a son.It was not until he was very old that he was permitted too. This tells us that those who are called to work in God institution are not meant to have children as that could affect their work .They are permitted to have a helper, a partner, a wife ,a maid etc.

This brings me to the only reason to get married .We should get married when getting married enables us to achieve our life purpose.

Jesus knew his mission on Earth .He knew it involves wandering from one place to another spreading the message. The stress of travelling with his family all the Tim would slow down his movement. He could not afford to take them to the mountain and through the sea. He knew his message would invoke the wrath of the pharasees who would happily transfer their aggression to his wife and children . Peter who was already married had to leave his wife behind to follow Jesus. His wife must have felt sad as a result. His children must have been angry with their father for being unavailable. It is better not to get married than to abandon your partner midway. one had to pace way for another.

Marriage is settling down . Those whose purpose involve moving around have no business settling down.A Catholic priest could be posted to three different countries in a year as part of missionary work. Relocating their family all the time would prove cumbersome. This is why Catholic priest do not get married. I am not condemning clergy who get married. I only ask that each should examine the nature of his calling. One who is fixed at a particular place to grow an already planted church can marry. Missionaries who go about converting people and planting churches can abstain.

The topic should be "WHY SERIOUS CHRISTIAN CLERGY MEN SHOULD NOT MARRY". You don't have to be celibate to be a serious Christian. In fact if all serious christians become celibate, Christianity would have died and faded off centuries ago .
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 5:34am On Sep 27, 2020
Lhanre:

The topic should be "WHY SERIOUS CHRISTIAN CLERGY MEN SHOULD NOT MARRY". You don't have to be celibate to be a serious Christian. In fact if all serious christians become celibate, Christianity would have died and faded off centuries ago .

Thanks for the correction. I will change iy
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by dingbang(m): 5:38am On Sep 27, 2020
If you are burning with passion please go and marry.

St. Paul

My two cents grin
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Aboks(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2020
Dis op mumu well well what does the bible say about just looking for attention

Selfish love to own child grow don't come spill rubbish
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 27, 2020
celibacy is against nature,God gave us sexual organ and sexual urge for a purpose
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by AntiChristian: 7:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Be fruitful and multiply o!
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by adegbenga80592: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2020
Be success and multiply centrale!
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 27, 2020
Heheheheee...

Marriage is for everyone because its been ordained by God for all. God says it is not good for the man to be alone.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Sodiquinone:
celibacy is against nature,God gave us sexual organ and sexual urge for a purpose
Jesus was a celibacy
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
Brachaa:
Heheheheee...

Marriage is for everyone because its been ordained by God for all. God says it is not good for the man to be alone.
Marriage is not for everyone

Marriage is an individual choice and not a collective one. The government has no business regulating how I use my genital.  It is mine and mine alone.  I decide who I choose to get married to . I can decide to share it with a single person or a married person.  It is  my freedom to choose to be a celibate or be married.   While married, I decide with my partner whether to make it open relationship or monogamy.

Marriage is not for everyone. There are people who are happier single. I mean those who are do introverted that they cannot tolerate a very long time without feeling drained. There are people who prefer long distance relationship with few visits and frequent absence rather than continued presence.  those whose high attention sexual urge cannot be satisfied by any one individual. There are others who dislike the boredom of sticking to one  partner scares the hell out of them. Variety is the spice of life.The fun of experimenting with various sizes and  types thrills them. There are yet another group whose need for independence and freedom makes them dislike the idea of  consulting with another before making decision.  There is another group that  love to be in motion. They wake up one morning and decide to relocate to another state only to explore another culture the next year. Traveling is their hobby and getting married with kids hinders that . Settling down is like a death trap. Flowing water is cleaner. Stagnant water attracts mosquitoes and other microorganism.

Human needs are various. the concept of getting married does not fit into their ideal future. They are better off single or in an open relationship. imposing  monogamy marriage on them will choke them. Their partner and children would suffer . Cheating is bound to occur. The fact that cheating still exist means we should question the effectiveness of monogamy and possibility of open marriage.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/04/sex-and-marriage-are-not-government-buissness/
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lhanre:
While I do not wholly agree with the OP, I certainly disagree with your assertion there.

Christianity has nothing to do with inheriting or passing the belief to one's children. Jesus Christ did not pass His message on by way of His children and He certainly never encouraged His disciples to take wives so they could have children and eventually pass their beliefs on through them. There is little to no evidence that the first and second generation believers, and likely third generation "Christians," were related by blood as many of them came from different backgrounds and different lands.

Stop confusing the doctrine of men such as Adeboye who think that God has called Christians to multiply and hence grow the Christian base by them. That doctrine is a lie birthed in the pits of hell and will be made evident when most of those who claim to believe by him (Adeboye) end up in the same pit their master (Adeboye) will too.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
dingbang:
St. Paul
My two cents grin
While it is all good to get married so you do not burn with passion on earth.... that still has no bearing as far as whether you will make heaven. You can quench your passion and still end up with eternity in Hell. Remember, as far as what will get you into heaven, you still have to work on that or else, it is all meaningless at the end of the day.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 4:33am On Oct 04, 2020
dingbang:

St. Paul

My two cents grin
if you are not,vstay single
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 04, 2020
1. The first line of your write ups makes the entire thread a quack one. You need a spiritual and scriptural mentor to unveil the mighty veil of carnal understanding on your face and in your mind.

2. I'll go straight to the point without derailing the thread, "this is a pro-catholic thread." Roman Catholic is not & will never be a Church built upon the rock of Christ, and the rock is the Spirit of Jesus Christ which is the promise and blessed gift of the heavenly Father. Hence the word "pentecost", meaning descending of holy ghost i.e Pentecostal Church of Christ, in other word is Holy Ghost Church of Christ.

Roman Catholic is an idolatrous and a demonic tradition highly controlled by the spirits of Babylon and other gods and goddesses, and her tradition promulgates sexual immoralities to satisfy the Babylon goddess of fertility, hence the Christmas and Easter celebration under the guise of sacred things of Christ. ABOMINATION! Light and darkness cannot mix!

Op, if you think you're smart, be read for more.
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2020
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 3:40am On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Just for the sake of unassuming viewers.

This is a thread of a homosexual/gay advocate.

https://www.nairaland.com/6131188/christian-dad-discussed-homosexuality-son

So be warned.

Address the issue not the speaker

Thanks.

Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by tobechi74: 10:01am On Jan 31, 2021
True
Re: Why Serious Christian Ministers don't Get Married by jantman(m): 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2021
@ Tobechi74
What a very fine thread. It is one of the best I have seen here on nairaland. Many are called to a life of celibacy in order for them to fulfill their purpose here on earth.

Even the great apostle Paul, john, banabas were called to a life of celibacy. If many people understand the concept of marriage, they would not rush into it.

For those who are married, may God bless your marriage
For those who wants to get married, may God help you and open doors for you.

Peace;

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Churches In Akwa Ibom State / The Real Story Of Humanity (annunaki Of Nibiru) / Salvation Required! Buda Going To Hell!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.