Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage (1365 Views)

Ex Corps Member Breaks Savings Box As He Passes Out / Tallest Abuja Corper And Shortest Corper Meet In Camp (Photo) / Why Do People Show Off Their NYSC Certificates But Hide Their Degree Cert? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by Ddone4: 6:11am On Sep 27, 2020
Like we started this series, because our data as Corp members matters and we must know how it is been used.

Especially since in the past it has been missed used by our loved schemes before Read and see screenshot of that HERE

Now this

Pls see the screenshots in the link below

First thing the came to mind is to read carefully, because in this digital age, we are not reading anymore nor taking our time to understand or ask questions but only want to tick "I agree" and move on

My Thoughts
* .... Research, Statistics and Promotional activities
Is NYSC now Facebook or Google, and why promotions for a data I must give you, even Facebook and Google is optional.

* And why should there third party processors have access to my data, can't it all be managed in house?

* And my last thought is, nice that they gives access to withdraw consent of data, but why? (don't forget this data includes Serving corp members and Ex corp members)

Maybe because they want to start selling the data or running promotions with it
Why I am asking this, like I said earlier is that many will not see this and will not be able to withdraw there data usage, because I am sure this usage warning is not for NYSC normal mobilization and the likes usage, if so they will not have been giving out withdrawal form

In conclusion
At the moment, if you click do not agree, you will be logged out and if you log in, you will be re asked again. No form whatever. It makes me think;
Is it by force?
Why should anyone especially ex corp members want to accept this?
Is NYSC looking for other sources of revenue?

DON'T ACT AS IF YOU DON'T CARE, THAT WILL BE A GREAT IGNORANCE AS OUR DATA USAGE IS IMPORTANT AND THE NEW CURRENCY THIS AFFECT SERVING AND ALL THE EX CORP MEMBERS

Take little of your time and check the full story out here
https://corpers lodge.com/index.php?u=/topic/324/continuation-of-the-corpers-data-privacy-series-what-every-cm-and-ex-cm-should-know
The screenshots and better formatting is there. Kindly JOIN the link corpers and lodge.com together
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by Ddone4: 6:14am On Sep 27, 2020
Drop your thought below, I spaced the link so that it can appear here on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by Adeeda: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2020
Agree then withdraw

Re: What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by Surfacebaba: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2020
what is the meaning of this data consent statement again? pls throw more light on this one.
Re: What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by Ddone4: 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
Surfacebaba:
what is the meaning of this data consent statement again? pls throw more light on this one.

Giving NYSC the authority and power to use your personal data (phone number, birth day and the rest)
Re: What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by GidiCars: 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello, do you have any idea when 2019 Batch C stream 2 would pass out of service. Thanks.
Re: What Every Corper And Ex-corps Must Know About Their NYSC Data Privacy And Usage by Ddone4: 5:05am On Oct 07, 2020
GidiCars:
Hello, do you have any idea when 2019 Batch C stream 2 would pass out of service. Thanks.
The date has not been fixed, it is stream 1 that is passing out next week.

It will be soon though, You can check your ID card too for idea about the month

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edo Corpers, Stream 2 Batch A 2016 / ... / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.