Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,973 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

Gbagi Denies Dehumanising And Arresting Four Delta Hotel Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbagi Denies Dehumanising And Arresting Four Delta Hotel Staff (319 Views)

Military Raiding Lagos And Arresting Hoodlums / Lucky Obire: How Kenneth Gbagi Brutalized Me In 2019 - Ex Staff / Kenneth Gbagi Arrests Hotel Staff, Strips Them Naked For 'Stealing N5k' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbagi Denies Dehumanising And Arresting Four Delta Hotel Staff by Ababbio: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2020
Former Minister for Education(State), Kenneth Gbagi, has reacted to report that he stripped naked, photographed, arrested and dragged before a Magistrate Court in Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta, four of his staffs working in his hotel for allegedly stealing the sum of five thousand naira.

Gbagi who is also a governorship aspirant in Delta state in 2023 under the umbrella of the People's Democratic Party(PDP), spoke at a press conference held in his Oginibo country home in Ughelli South Local Government Area.

He denied any involvement in the act, which has been widely condemned by the members of the public especially the human rights community.

Gbagi also said none of his children had a hand in the act, which he claimed were politically motivated.

The politician, who doubles as the Chief Executive Officer of the hotel, noted that there was no warrant for his arrest from the Inspector-General of Police to him concerning the incident.

“There’s no invitation to me from the Police. I will honour the Police invitation if am invited. The Police had invited people who are higher than me, even presidents. Who am I? I will honour the Police invitation.”

While pointing out that he was at the burial ceremony of his late elder Sister, Mrs. Doris Gbagi Emareyor, Gbagi said he was never arrested by any team of policemen from Abuja.

He, however, promised to honour the invitation of the IGP if he is invited for questioning over the incident.

It was widely reported on Friday that the Inspector-General of Police had issued a warrant for the arrest of Chief Gbagi over his alleged involvement in the incident after the police raided the hotel and arrested two staff.

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/i-am-ready-to-honour-police-invitation-gbagi-reacts-to-four-delta-hotel-staff-stripped-naked/

Re: Gbagi Denies Dehumanising And Arresting Four Delta Hotel Staff by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2020
Useless old dehumanizing thief

You did it whether you like it or not.
Re: Gbagi Denies Dehumanising And Arresting Four Delta Hotel Staff by buemene(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2020
So all the evidences so provided by the victims so far are cooked stories right.

Mr Gbagi pack well. Your time is up.
Re: Gbagi Denies Dehumanising And Arresting Four Delta Hotel Staff by Ababbio: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2020
Cc: Lalasticala, Mynd44, Dominique

(1) (Reply)

Not A Proud Nigerian. / An Open Letter To The Honourable Minister Of Communications And Digital Economy / Minimum Wage In Saudi Arabia Can Buy 10 Bags Of Rice, But 1 bag in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.