Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage (2774 Views)

Volkswagen Transporter For Sale:350k Last / Lagos Clear Volkswagen Transporter For Sale / Volkswagen Transporter For Sale (800k) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by SKYQUEST(m): 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
I am intending to buy a volkswagen transporter to be used to carry heavy cargo (2.3 tonnes or 2300kg load) on regular basis. I need your advise if this van (diesel or petrol) can be used for that purpose without killing the engine in no time. Kindly advise me or provide me with alternative options.
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by Rogbese(m): 6:30pm On Mar 01, 2011
get an LT28 instead.
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2011
Rogbese:

get an LT28 instead.

Good advice.

And definitely a diesel.
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by seyigiggle: 9:43am On Mar 03, 2011
I intend to buy a ford bus but i have the following problem
1. how do i know the enine is in good condition as i am informed that diesel engine is not predictable
2. how much will it cost to change a right hand ford bus
3. cost of changing the door to left side
4. how much will a petrol egine cost me
5. is it advisable to use a deisel engine for commercial transport business

I will appreciate your kind response
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by Rogbese(m): 5:28pm On Mar 04, 2011
shocked I do not understand. Why would u want to go thru the stress of engine, steering and door conversion when you can just get one from Holland or Belgium that will be petrol engine and have the door and steering on the left
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 05, 2011
seyigiggle:

1. how do i know the enine is in good condition as i am informed that diesel engine is not predictable

Same way you'd know a petrol engine is in good condition. Be willing to get a competent mechanic to check it out, not the useless one that will say "diesel engines are unpredictable", just because he's incompetent, and not willing to move with the times, learn something new.

seyigiggle:

I can't put a price on this in Nigeria, but a lot cheaper than a passenger car, due to space.

seyigiggle:

Shouldn't be too pricey - the side without a sliding door has already been cut, and also has the runners in place. The blank panel is just bonded in place, and is removed by heating up the glue, and knocking it out. A left-hand door simply bolts into place. It can be done without using a mechanic. You'll just need someone to hold it in place, while you put the bolts and mechanism into place. So, it's more the cost of the door itself.

seyigiggle:

I can't understand why you'd want to convert a diesel-engined commercial van to petrol, so will answer both questions as one.

A petrol engine - a 2,0L 8 valve Ford Pinto engine will cost around £80. But, you'll need a petrol fuel tank, fuel lines, carburettor / fuel injection system, ignition system, petrol wiring harness, front section of exhaust, control unit (if applicable) radiator etc. Expensive and pointless. When problems arise, they'll be difficult to identify, costing you more money. Not good for a commercial vehicle, which is meant to earn you money, not lose it!

As for your last question, I wouldn't want to use a petrol-engined van for commercial purposes, it's pointless, as diesel is more economical, despite costing more than petrol. Does better MPG, and the engine has a longer service life than a petrol one, as there is less heat generated. No spark plugs also means you can drive through mild floods, without worrying about the plugs getting wet, causing the engine to stall.

A petrol engine is not designed for high torque at low speeds, hence not the best for a heavy commercial vehicle. It will struggle when the vehicle is loaded, and gulp huge amounts of fuel. Diesel engines will pull strongly from low speeds, making them ideal for heavy commercials. Why do you think lorries and trailers don't have petrol engines?

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by BiggySmalz(m): 11:32am On Mar 05, 2011
seyigiggle:

I will appreciate your kind response

I have a diesel Ford Transit for sale. Check the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-615237.0.html#msg7849585
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by seyigiggle: 12:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
Siena,
Thanks for the advice, may the good lord bless you abundantly and grant you the desires of your heart.
the vehicle in question is a tokunbo (uk) ford van 1998 not even registered in nigeria. I will buy it and definitely keep you posted.
Thanks
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2011
seyigiggle:

Siena,
Thanks for the advice, may the good lord bless you abundantly and grant you the desires of your heart.
the vehicle in question is a tokunbo (uk) ford van 1998 not even registered in nigeria. I will buy it and definitely keep you posted.
Thanks

No worries, hope it all goes well with your purchase.
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by rocklife: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
A) do you have a 1/40ft or 2/20ft container and you want to transport it to the following locations (within lagos),ilorin,ibadan,ogun state feel free to call us @ 08039789599

B) do you have an ATC for dangote flour,sugar or cement and u want to transport your goods to anywhere within lagos state feel free to call 08034286860 or 07081952483

for CONTAINERS u can only call= 08039789599
FLOUR,CEMENT SUGAR u can call= 08034286860 or 07081952483
remember that all our vehicles are covered with insurance so your goods are secured
Re: Volkswagen Transporter For Haulage by Kayharry(m): 8:16am On Apr 08, 2022

(1) (Reply)

2003 Hummer Jeep Green For Sale Call For Price / Buy Genuine Honda ATF DW-1 And Power Steering Fluid!! / Super Clean Toyota Camry 2.2 1999 Model For Grabs @950K Contact 08035840732...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.