Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

How To Sustain Anything (part 1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Sustain Anything (part 1) (144 Views)

How Can I Sustain My Relationship With God / Southern Kaduna: House Of Kaduna Family'll Work Hard To Sustain Peace- Gumi / Ubio Community People Advised To Fear God As To Sustain Peace And You – Chief Or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Sustain Anything (part 1) by SonofIssachar: 12:07am On Sep 28, 2020
For the next five days, our meditation shall be on a biblical principle as to how to sustain anything and later success.

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power… – Hebrews 1:3

Toward the end of my first year in the university, I backslid from the Way and became iconoclastic, challenging the authenticity of Jesus Christ as the son of God and some seemingly controversial claims in the Bible.

Because I had read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation for about three times as at then, I easily floored my born-again friends who tried to reason with me with the aim of getting me to reconsider my ways. And the more people I overcame in logic, the more popular I became as an atheist.

So, I carried on with my life, with no Christ, no God, but seeking more knowledge everywhere I could to further justify my stand on Jesus Christ as a fake. Not that I denied the existence or sovereignty of God, it was Jesus I had issues with. But, I realised that, with my denial of Jesus, I could not maintain a relationship with God as I used to, even though I didn’t deny Him. I could not pray to Him, I could not worship Him, I could not relate with Him.

ALSO READ Purpose: Anointed to Influence
Therefore, I geared my passion at seeking more knowledge. I wanted to know more so I could have a better say over my Christian friends. But then, I lost my peace. I discovered that I wasn’t as happy as I used to be. On the surface, I cut a picture of a driven, self-assured, and informed young man. But, within me, I knew things weren’t alright.

I was a bit popular because of my extra-curricular activities on campus and, now, adding an anti-Jesus flavour to it, I became the companion and sounding board of Muslims and students of other/no religious affiliations who wanted to hear what I had to say about Jesus or some of my new findings.

To be continued…

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:
https://daily-dew.com/the-atheist-logic/
https://daily-dew.com/understanding-purpose-5/
https://daily-dew.com/why-you-struggle-as-a-christian/

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday , September 28, 2020 / Rabbi Jonathan Cahn – Yom Kippur / The Blood Of Jesus Death On The Cross Alone Brings Forgiveness Of Human Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.