Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos (697 Views)

Jonathan ‘ll Deploy Soldiers For Elections – Fayose / 2015: Jonathan ’ll Divide Nigeria, Says Fani-kayode / Jonathan ‘ll Set Record By Not Contesting — Bamanga Tukur ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by jason123: 12:49am On Mar 02, 2011
BY DANIEL IDONOR
OBA of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, yesterday described President Goodluck Jonathan as a man of his words, who would not renege in his promises to propel Nigeria for global reckoning economically if voted in April.

“You are a man of your words and your star is bright. I wish you well”, Oba Akiolu wished the president as he flagged off the Lagos presidential campaign rally.

The Oba recalled with nostalgia how the president led the Presidential campaign team to Lagos as running mate of the late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua in 2007.

“That day, you were sitting with other party members there, and I invited you to come and sit by my throne. I saw your shining star then. It is still shining, and God would not allow it to go dim. The Almighty God will see you through,” he said.

Oba Akiolu lauded President Jonathan for his promise of free and fair elections, stating that it was important to let all votes count.

He assured the president of the commitment of Lagosians to the electoral process, noting that Lagosians knew who to vote in as president and who to vote in as governor.

Speaking earlier, President Jonathan said he was committed to politics without bitterness.

“Political parties are only platforms of political expression. The goal is development, and once we are all committed to that goal, we do not need to quarrel,” the president said.

The President said his commitment was to Nigeria as a single indivisible entity, stressing that “being at the centre, therefore, I am ready to work with everyone to bring progress to all of Nigeria.”

Dr. Jonathan maintained that though Nigeria’s past leaders had all done very well within the context of the challenges of the time, it was time to turn the page, and lead the country to a great new dawn.

He called on Lagosians to join hands with him to build the new Nigeria we all yearn for.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/jonathan-ll-keep-to-his-promises-oba-of-lagos/
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by jason123: 12:53am On Mar 02, 2011
It is like PDP is really serious about capturing the SW! With the release of Bode  and co! ALUTA CONTINES!!! cry cry cry

PS: Guys, sorry for the earlier typos! lipsrsealed wink
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by hannie: 2:01am On Mar 02, 2011
This smirks of Oba Akiolu accepting coyly that Lagosians will vote for BRF as Governor and GEJ as President ?

not fair angry
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:07am On Mar 02, 2011
hannie:

This smirks of Oba Akiolu accepting coyly that Lagosians will vote for BRF as Governor and GEJ as President ?

not fair angry

na common courtesy, means nothing.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by excanny: 2:19am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

na common courtesy, means nothing.

It's fun deceiving oneself. It will soon dawn on you.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by Beaf: 2:39am On Mar 02, 2011
Much respect to the Oba of Lagos. He is a man of dignified words and carriage, I really like the way he spoke and his choice of words.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:52am On Mar 02, 2011
excanny:

It's fun deceiving oneself. It will soon dawn on you.

I don't like that incompetent Halloween costume wearing fisherman, but trust me, I'll say the same thing the Oba said.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by Beaf: 2:59am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

I don't like that incompetent Halloween costume wearing fisherman, but trust me, I'll say the same thing the Oba said.

Stuupid babapupa, the Oba is a wise man, not a fool like the ethnically bigoted Tinubu; a criminal blot on the system that regularly churns out the drug inspired arguments a gutter boy like you loves so much.

Ask Tinubu if his rickety lil arse isn't quaking like a jelly these days. SSS today, jail tomorrow lol.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 3:12am On Mar 02, 2011
Beaf:

Stuupid babapupa, the Oba is a wise man, not a fool like the ethnically bigoted Tinubu; a criminal blot on the system that regularly churns out the drug inspired arguments a gutter boy like you loves so much.

Ask Tinubu if his rickety lil arse isn't quaking like a jelly these days. SSS today, jail tomorrow lol.

Look here swamp boy, what's your problem? Like I said, the Oba did the right thing and as much as I don't like that incompetent man, I'll do exactly what the Oba did.

This is not about political differences or affiliation, it's about common courtesy and politeness.

Now, how did Tinubu got into the conversation? Oh I forgot, you're still mad and obsessed because Tinubu don't do little swam boys,

Ndo, everything is gonna be alright,
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by bkbabe97y(m): 4:18am On Mar 02, 2011
jason123:

Speaking earlier, President Jonathan said he was committed to politics without bitterness.

. . . . Sooooooooo, calling Political Colleagues "Rascals" is what, "Politics WITH Love"?!?
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by Beaf: 4:26am On Mar 02, 2011
Eko Ile:

Look here swamp boy, what's your problem? Like I said, the Oba did the right thing and as much as I don't like that incompetent man, I'll do exactly what the Oba did.

This is not about political differences or affiliation, it's about common courtesy and politeness.

Now, how did Tinubu got into the conversation? Oh I forgot, you're still mad and obsessed because Tinubu don't do little swam boys,

Ndo, everything is gonna be alright,

lol. The swamps put food on your beggarly table. grin grin grin grin
You cannot do what the Oba did for two reasons; one, you lack even toddler level sense and two, you have gutter breeding.

I'm sure Tinubu found you working as a area boy/pickpocket in Idumota.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by excanny: 6:17am On Mar 02, 2011
^^^

lol. Babapupa is one of those rehabilitated KAI officer.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by gbewu: 1:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
sad
Now I understand while the alliance between CPC and ACN fails. The game is over. Oba of Lagos said we should vote for Fashola in gober-election and vote GEJ in presidential election. This is truely a politics. Oba of Lagos, any day,any time is in camp of Tinubu. And this statement potray a serious meaning. Even Ribadu may be in this game plan to shed way for GEJ. I pity Nigerians.
I know and understand that you people meet( politicians) and laugh at our deficiency that afterall, they have not been eating in dustbean.
God will deliever us from you demons.
Re: Jonathan ‘ll Keep To His Promises- Oba Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
gbewu:

sad
Now I understand while the alliance between CPC and ACN fails. The game is over. Oba of Lagos said we should vote for Fashola in gober-election and vote GEJ in presidential election. This is truely a politics. Oba of Lagos, any day,any time is in camp of Tinubu. And this statement potray a serious meaning. Even Ribadu may be in this game plan to shed way for GEJ. I pity Nigerians.
I know and understand that you people meet( politicians) and laugh at our deficiency that afterall, they have not been eating in dustbean.
God will deliever us from you demons.

Gbewu, you are a prophet, they are just staging a scheme,

(1) (Reply)

2015: No Vacancy For Igbos –abba-aji / Late Yaradua's Home State Katsina Boils. / Goodluck Jonathan Faces No Main Rivals At Campaign Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.