Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi (2154 Views)

Jubilation In Rivers As Lost Aircraft Finally Returns (Photos) / Anger Persists In Rivers As Wike Reviews Next Action / Dino Melaye Dares Yahaya Bello: "Invite Buhari To Commission One Project" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by etokhana: 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2020
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has dared his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, to mention one project he has done for the state in his capacity as the Minister of Transportation.

Speaking on Monday in an interview on AIT, governor Wike challenged Amaechi to mention his contributions to the state since he was appointed as a minister. Wike said he would resign immediately as governor if Amaechi could boast of one achievement.

Wike said his contributions during his time as the Minister of State for Education are evident in the state, adding that he brought a lot of development to Rivers.

The governor boasted that he brought faculty of law to Port Harcourt and brought N500 million grant to Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic.

“Rivers people will ask you, what will you tell us. You’re doing rail to Niger Republic, which one have you done in your state?

“As Minister of education, I brought faculty of law to Port Harcourt; I brought N500 million grant to Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, I built so many schools. As a minister, I’m proud.

“You’re a minister, tell Rivers people I brought this, mention one. If you mention one, I’ll resign now. Mention what you’ve brought to Rivers people to convince them. We’re too educated for you to go to Kalamari to incite them.

“He said judges lost their voice. He’s right, why won’t they? A man who shut down the court for two years, NBA didn’t say anything. So, if he is now saying that NBA lost their voice, he’s right. Today, nobody talks about it that’s why he has the audacity to tell NBA they’ve lost their voice.

“You went to a supreme court justice house to tell him the president is not happy with him, why won’t judges lose their voice?

“I also heard him say he’s the best governor. I have no problem about that, he’s very right. If a man can close the court for two years, why would he not be the best governor?” Wike asked.

He also taunted the minister, saying he is still being bitten by mosquitoes even after he (Amaechi) spent N12 billion to fumigate the state.

“One of the things that made him the best governor, for fumigation of a state like Rivers state, we paid over N12 billion naira so that there would be no more mosquitoe. Today, mosquito is still biting me,” he said.

“He is not one of the best, he is the best. Who would have done all he did without being the best?”
https://politicsnigeria.com/mention-one-project-youve-done-for-rivers-as-minister-wike-hammers-amaechi/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by daddytime(m): 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Lol

I saw this coming.

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Goldp5988(f): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
Na dem
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Kriss216: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Amaechi is a traitor, no doubt, but, he’s the only Minister in Buhari’s cabinet that has delivered. Our hatred for Amaechi shouldn’t stop us from acknowledging the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by slivertongue: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
amachi is a minus to river state. always making noise in the press with nothing to show at home

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Marine54(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2020
MMMM
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Brandstudio01: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
And the battle continues
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by slivertongue: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
“I also heard him say he’s the best governor. I have no problem about that, he’s very right. If a man can close the court for two years, why would he not be the best governor"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by obiekunie2: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2020
Renovation of Port Harcourt International Airport.

Portharcourt Maiduguri rail line. under construction.

wetin concern me self. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by slivertongue: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
“One of the things that made him the best governor, for fumigation of a state like Rivers state, we paid over N12 billion naira so that there would be no more mosquitoe. Today, mosquito is still biting me,”

5 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Una matter
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by etokhana: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2020
WIKE SAYS AMAECHI LEFT A LEGACY OF WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECTS

*Lists Justice Karibi Whyte Hospital and Monorail Project as Amaechi's "Legacies"

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike says his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi was more interested in awarding political projects to boost his personal ego than delivering services to Rivers people.

Governor Wike said that a project like Justice Karibi Whyte Hospital was a scam because it gulped $39.9 Million on paper as there is nothing to show at the proposed site.

According to him, the sum of N65 Billion was spent on the 1.2 kilometers Monorail Project which was conceived as a white elephant project.

He said most of such political projects existed either on the pages of Newspapers or were used to settle political allies.

The Governor said that Amaechi and his political allies after siphoning huge sums of money from the State left behind uncompleted projects.

"Amaechi does not have the moral ground to talk about development in the State when he wasted so much financial resources on non existing projects.

"Go round the State, you will never see anything that looks like Justice Karibi -Whyte Hospital. It is a scam that never existed.

"Again, tell me what is the traffic along Azikwe Road that a 1.2 kilometers Monorail Project will be awarded for over 65 Billion Naira.

"When I came into office, I was told that it will cost about 30 Billion Naira to complete that project. If I have such money, I will build more infrastructure across the State.

"His Economic Advisory Council led by Prof. Nimi Briggs published a document. The records covered the activities of his administration from 2007 to 2014.

"On education, the council recorded that 485 primary schools were proposed for construction. Some existing old schools were demolished when they required rehabilitation.

"Work actually started on 478 schools but only 116 schools were completed across the State. Amaechi also awarded 15 Modern Secondary Schools for 15 Local Government Areas at over Four Billion Naira each. Only the Ambassador Nne Krukrubo School in Eleme Local Government was completed and functional before he left office", he stated.

The Governor noted that Amaechi was a self seeking leader who paraded himself as one that knows it all.

Governor Wike said there are foremost schools that had produced prominent Nigerians in the State that should have been rehabilitated but he abandoned them to embark on the abandoned projects.

He stated that unlike Amaechi that kills dreams and projects of other people, he voted money to complete road projects his predecessor initiated.

The Governor also berated Amaechi for saying that there is insecurity in Rivers State when he is the one who determines heads of security agencies that should be posted to the State.

"Rivers State is safer than any other State. See what is happening in Bornu, Kaduna and Plateau States where bandits have taken over their areas.

"When Amaechi was Governor, Julius Berger Nigeria PLC was chased away because of insecurity. But they are here now, constructing roads all over the State without fear.

"Amaechi's hometown, Ubima is a place you have a large number of cultists that he uses. The heads of security agencies he influences their postings, come here and see the reality on ground that the State is safe," he added.

Paulinus Nsirim
Commissioner for Information and Communications
September 28, 2020
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2278236682320510&id=672482079562653

1 Like

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by plaindealer: 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
This overfed and over bloated loudmout and noisy man need to just shut up sometimes.

Amaechi is a federal minister, not minister of Rivers state and if that's the case, every governor in Nigeria should be asking the same dumb question about the ministers from their state.

Besides, the airport and rail projects in port harcourt are invisible to this ignorant man?

Even if this noisy clown spent 20 years in office, he still can not overtake Amaechi's achievements as the governor of Rivers state.

They call this fool Mrs project, but there's no project to show even though Rivers is the second richest state in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by plaindealer: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Look at the useless buffon and noisemaker, he painted street markings on dirty mediocre village roads, wasted taxpayers money to import politicians, set up canopy, lay red carpet, mounted loudspeakers and posters just to commission an old, dirty mediocre village road, this is even beneath a local government chairman.

All mouth but little or nothing to show.

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by otokx(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
The best time to assess a politician is when they are out of office.
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by adaora17901: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
Amaechi is a coward, no doubt, but, he’s the one Minister in Buhari’s ministers that has delivered. Our hostility for Amaechi shouldn’t stop us from acknowledging the true.

2 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
adaora17901:
Amaechi is a coward, no doubt, but, he’s the one Minister in Buhari’s ministers that has delivered. Our hostility for Amaechi shouldn’t stop us from acknowledging the true.

Our hostility?

You and who exactly?
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Idiotseverywher: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
plaindealer:
Look at the useless buffon and noisemaker, he painted street markings on dirty mediocre village roads, wasted taxpayers money to import politicians, set up canopy, lay red carpet, mounted loudspeakers and posters just to commission an old, dirty mediocre village road, this is even beneath a local government chairman.

. Idiots and bigots everywhere

1 Like

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by jlinkd78(m): 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
Without sounding politically correct, everything Wike said about Amaechi above is d truth. Amaechi has refused to sheath the swords over political difference with Wike and he is punishing Rivers people not knowing dat once election is over u will one day need d people. From Eleme junction heading to Ogoni is one Federal road I keep wondering what's d reason it's still in disrepair despite hosting d Refinery
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by plaindealer: 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
Matter of fact, this noise loudmouth was a minister under Jona, exactly what did he do as a minister for Rivers state under GEJ?

GEJ was the president of Nigeria, he's from the SS and according to GEJ himself, the SE was his pillar of support and the people of SE still love him to death, but he did not do anything for both the SE and SS? Northing?

He did not ,commission 1 single project, not an inch of gutter or a single classroom?

So, when is this hypocrite and his mumu supporters are going to start asking themselves dnd GEJ the same question?

Liars and hypocrites everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Access003(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kriss216:
Amaechi is a traitor, no doubt, but, he’s the only Minister in Buhari’s cabinet that has delivered. Our hatred for Amaechi shouldn’t stop us from acknowledging the truth.
Our hatred? You and who is hating, CRA?
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by sapientia(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
Why is plaindealer jumping up and down in this thread?

1 Like

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by SeanBeezy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2020
One thing I love about Wike is that he argues with facts
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by SeanBeezy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
plaindealer:
Matter of fact, this noise loudmouth was a minister under Jona, exactly what did he do as a minister for Rivers state under GEJ?

GEJ was the president of Nigeria, he's from the SS and according to GEJ himself, the SE was his pillar of support and the people of SE still love him to death, but he did not do anything for both the SE and SS? Northing?

He did not ,commission 1 single project, not an inch of gutter or a single classroom?

So, when is this hypocrite and his mumu supporters are going to start asking themselves dnd GEJ the same question?

Liars and hypocrites everywhere.

how does your article relate with the topic above?
Maybe you still need to read again to know what he did as Minister during GEJ's tenure
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kriss216:

What Wike said is that he has not delivered for PH. Do you understand?
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by Danzakidakura(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Kriss216:
you are right.he is busy building rail road from West to North down to Niger republic.why won't he be the best in Buhari cabinet since your region is covered. Hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by reccy(m): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Rubbish!!! I Ameachi we trust.

This guy think he is smart.
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by ikennamadu1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
plaindealer:

this weed you dey smoke dey affect you.. them suppose carry you go psychiatrist hospital for check up... you no well
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by nazicartel(m): 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
Since he became the minister, he hasn't done anything ( but is he expected to do much for his state?)... But in Nigeria's governor's standard, Amaechi worked morethan Wike in River.... But these two guys and their squad have ruled Rivers State for awhile... I salute their strong base....

Just remembered he even took one University to Buhari's hometown for reasons best known to him

1 Like

Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by IGBOSON1: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
obiekunie2:
Renovation of Port Harcourt International Airport.

Portharcourt Maiduguri rail line. under construction.

wetin concern me self. undecided

The new terminal at Port Harcourt int’l was done with a loan taken from the Chinese during the GEJ/Senator Odua era, and it’s under the purview of the ministry of aviation!

The other one you mentioned about railway line is still in its audio phase, so keep trying!
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by obiekunie2: 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
IGBOSON1:

The new terminal at Port Harcourt int’l was done with a loan taken from the Chinese during the GEJ/Senator Odua era, and it’s under the purview of the ministry of aviation!

The other one you mentioned about railway line is still in its audio phase, so keep trying!

KEEP TRYING KE!

DO I LOOK LIKE A ZOMBIE TO YOU!

DID U NOT SEE THE SARCASM?

bia nwokem! kpachapu anyi gi dere oo!
Re: Mention One Project You’ve Done For Rivers As Minister, Wike Hammers Amaechi by IGBOSON1: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
obiekunie2:
[/b]

KEEP TRYING KE!

DO I LOOK LIKE A ZOMBIE TO YOU!

DID U NOT SEE THE SARCASM?

bia nwokem! kpachapu anyi gi dere oo!

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bandits Cum Terrorists Abducts 17 Women In Faskari LGA, / Eastern Security Network Threatens Nigerian Government With AK-47 VIDEO / Igbos Originated From Israel, Here's The Biblical Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.