Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,070 members, 7,867,050 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:08 AM

Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate (2689 Views)

Jonathan’s Camp, Senators Kick As Sheriff Leads PDP / Jonathan’s Camp Kicks Over 2019 PDP Zoning / Jonathan's Camp Allegedly Splits Over Anti-Buhari Lawsuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by debosky(m): 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
If true, GEJ has shown he is truly a drowning fisherman. . . . probe that pHD. grin grin
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by honeric01(m): 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
Catch CPC presidential campaign on AIT and CHANNELS TV
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
I would not have expected anything more from GEJ. Its unfortunate, If he is really on-top-of-things, i see no reason why he would be afraid? For sure he wont perform well in a debate, you need a level of accumen and aptness to do well in a debate. Someone with selfconfidence attained through personal application,
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Ibime(m): 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
Someone with a negative record will always be afraid to debate.

What will his main arguments be? That he is blessed and highly favoured?
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Ibime(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2011
This is why I like the British Parliamentary system where the Prime Minister has to answer questions in the House of Commons every week.

GEJ cannot even give interview to that small Al-Jazeera girl without sweating much less having to defend his record in front of the people.
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Gbawe: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2011
olanmuis:

I would not have expected anything more from GEJ. Its unfortunate, If he is really on-top-of-things, i see no reason why he would be afraid? For sure he wont perform well in a debate, you need a level of accumen and aptness to do well in a debate. Someone with selfconfidence attained through personal application,

Indeed . You dont need oxford Grammer here . What is vitally important is for you to show your preparation for leadership with a detailed and complete awareness of the problems that face those you want to lead. You must then provide clear solutions required , that can be implemented efficiently and quickly, towards a holistic path forward . Of all the candidates , we all know Jonathan is the poorest in this regard . he is a guy who stands for nothing other than protecting the interest of the few who continue feed fat while most Nigerians wallow in poverty. Why will Jonathan want open and honest debate when , in true PDP tradition, he is an empty barrel totally reliant on Party machinations to win rather than rely on his own ability to convince Nigerians he has the clearest vision for our march towards progress?
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
I see nothing wrong in asking for the question to be debated, they are more of a topic and he is right in asking for advanced knowledge about this questions. Better still they should just strike those contentious issues out of the debate like the Jos crisis, excess crude account, foreign reserve or anything related to the budget. I would not have even gone far like this if i was goodluck, there is absolutely no point in having a debate before a presidential election.

I cant believe what I just read

You mean a sitting president shouldnt be asked about the security situation in the country (Jos crisis)

He shouldnt be asked about the finances? (ECA and foreign reserve?)

So what questions should he be asked? The colour of his chair, His best food, His favourite sex position.

They shouldnt ask him how he plans to address the Jos crisis because they alread know the answer "Lets pray God would resolve it"
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=614972.msg7831150#msg7831150

in other news

gej's special adviser is against FOI bill
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by 9ijaMan: 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

I cant believe what I just read

You mean a sitting president shouldnt be asked about the security situation in the country (Jos crisis)

So what questions should he be asked? The colour of his chair, His best food, His favourite sex position.

They shouldnt ask him how he plans to address the Jos crisis because they alread know the answer "Lets pray God would resolve it"

Haba, you wan kill me o! Apparently GEJ would be expecting the moderator to ask him about his accounts in Nigeria and the schools his kids are attending. He'll probably want them to ask him about how rice will be shared to every Nigerian. Additional questions can include:
How many states are there in Nigeria?
What's colours are on the Nigerian Flag?

I mentioned it on one of the threads sometimes last week that GEJ will never engage in any debate, hence I was not anywhere near being surprised by this news.

Abeg where is Beaf/Karl Max/Ma_J_Blige/Johndoe and all other useless aliases he uses on NL? We need him to come out to defend his pay master.

Unfortunately I've not been able to see the CPC campaign on the internet as Channels TV is not showing it. However, I called an uncle who happens to be a GEJ supporter in Kaduna and he confirmed the whole city is packed with supporters for the BB ticket.
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by medjai(m): 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
Like I've often said, GEJ has absolutely nothing to offer.
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by nastydamus(m): 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2011
Heck, even Obama and Mccain were asked at some point to give in details, their plans on whether or not to evacuate troops from Iraq, as well as how soon. These were (and still are) very serious issues in the American polity and to the average American because a lot had been invested and soldiers were losing their lives for what appeared to be a fool's errand with hidden undertones.
So for the GEJ handlers to be talking about restricting questions from the public or even seeing the questions before hand (i mean, how low can these guys go?) smacks of mediocrity in exponential amounts.
Are they saying they don't know what is happening in Jos, or how much the average Nigerian spends on his generating set(s) everyday, or how much generator mechanics make as a result (talk about one man's meat and another's poison), or the status of our ECA, or the waning condition of our educational institutions, or the degree of corruption prevalent in government parastatals at all levels?
The list is endless and it means they (GEJ and handlers) have not started planning on how to move this country out of its current mess. If planning is not in motion, imagine asking them about execution. smh!
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by fstranger3(m): 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^
So your point is that we should do everything like the Americans?
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by nastydamus(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^
So your point is that we should do everything like the Americans?

Nna na wa to you o, we're clamouring for public debates where the presidential aspirants are given the floor to air their plans on how to move the country forward, and be questioned in the process, whether issues that are personal or questions bordering on National security/interests. I only brought in the U.S perspective because the democracy we practice is hugely adapted from what obtains there.
It's just to buttress a point.
Again, na wa to you o. grin
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Pharoh: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

You don't have to change my words or the message i am trying to pass, they can always ask about security and the economy as whole and you can see that if you read my whole post instead of just picking this one out of it. Asking questions or debating questions does not solve the problem so what is the point of the debate?. Yar adua came out with his eight point agenda but how many did he fulfill?. Anyone can come to the debate and floor the other party but that is not a guaranty that he will be able to implement all what he boasted about in the debate.

You guys can vote for whomever you you deem is fit to be your president, everyone has their independent choice to make. At the end of the day a good politician picks the fight he can win and skips the fight he is not sure of winning. I for one do not believe in debate because it does not contribute anything to the solution but having a discussion or presentation session would have been better.
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Vigilante: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
@fstranger3 - Your question above sounds more like one from kobo. Una don blend now?
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 03, 2011
we are waiting for gej to deabte o

see as samll boys who are not his mates have debated in lagos

without stifling the crowd, or carrying expo (mr lecturer!)

gej are you scared cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan camp disagrees with Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau over debate by revomind(m): 8:02am On Mar 03, 2011
oyb:

we are waiting for gej to deabte o

see as samll boys who are not his mates have debated in lagos

without stifling the crowd, or carrying expo (mr lecturer!)

gej are you scared cheesy cheesy cheesy

Of course he is. I bet even Beaf is more intelligent than Mr Odechukwu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Revealed Why They Didn't Kill Obasanjo / How Imolites Will Vote In The April 11 Imo Governorship Election / I Borrowed $75m Because PDP Looted The Treasury — Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.