Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca (9002 Views)

Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Real Lose To Barca Again! -letter To God / Why Is Thierry Henry Mediocre In Major Tournaments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by latadeyek(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2007
Thierry Henry has agreed a move to Barcelona for £16 million, according to reports in Spain.

Spanish radio station Cadena Ser claims the Arsenal captain has agreed a four-year deal at the Nou Camp.

What do u gunners fan think will happen with Henry's departure? who is next? is it Arsene Wenger?

http://yahooxtra.net.nz/sport/0,,14629-7526566,00.html
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 10:49pm On Jun 22, 2007
read the report too. . .twas a little convincing but u can never trust these stories until it finally happens. .

lets just keep our fingers crossed till everything unfolds. . .

but damn wenger if its true, . .16 million u said?? cry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2007
wait, wait , wait. . .
the story mite be true after all. . .

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=334661
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2443134,00.html
http://soccehttp://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2109438,00.htmlrnet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=440822&cc=3888

wld come back later to post more reports. . . .
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2007
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2007
can u believe that arsenal.com, arsenal's official website doesnt have a single story on this issue, even if it is to quel the reports and say they are all false. . .
quite bad. . . . . angry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Razorr(f): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2007
[size=14pt]16 million f*ucking Pounds?[/size] shocked shocked shocked

**faints** cry cry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 12:11am On Jun 23, 2007
razorr faints. . .

justkunmi rushes in and splashes water on razorr's face. . .

please don't faint again o,  . .

BUT 16 FUCKIN MILLION POUNDS

justkunmi faints
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by tosinadeda: 1:46am On Jun 23, 2007
Bleep henry Bleep wenger Bleep barca
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by toladop(m): 5:25am On Jun 23, 2007
my major concern is not thierry leaving though it is most regrettable.the other day vieira left for a paltry 13.7 million pounds now henry going for 16 million.how on earth can carrick and hargreaves be more expensive.However, I feel convinced because thesun.co.uk even posted his letter to the fans(sorry i don't know how to put link). if wenger leaves, thats the end because the arsenal i started supporting would now be totally different.as speculated, if wenger goes(one of the fears why henry is leaving). i think that would be the end of everything.i wish arsenal can delay and collect the right price.drogba can't be 24million and henry 16. shevy can't be 30 million and henry nearly half of that.unacceptable to me.i don't even know why eto'o is no longer part of the deal.arsenal is in a big mess for real
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Cyclone5(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2007
Henry probably has a £16m buyout clause in his contract. Which shows he never really wanted to stay. That should be no surprise as he should have left after the Champions LEague final had he not bottled it and decided to be all French and hide his head in the sand.

It'll be a good thing for Arsenal in the long run. Wenger defers too heavily to Henry's whims and it affects team selection and tactics. Without him there Wenger will really need a Director of Football to advise him on team tactics. They will have to work harder on all fronts. That can only be good for the Gunners.

The next best thing thing that could happen to them is that Wenger and his see nothing, hear nothing whiney approach to football follows Henry to some sunny holiday resort. We could do without a team loaded with talent that underperforms and a manager who really sits bachk and hopes the team manages is itself. And when things dont go right he gets all petty and self righteous. Imagine losing to West Ham home and away last season. Don't tell me that was just bad luck.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by salehm(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2007
Abeg make him go sef cry cry
Afterall they are going to pay him 25% more than what he is earning in arsenal in a year.it's a good deal for him but he is way too cheap for 16m embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by chidichris(m): 9:50am On Jun 23, 2007
at this point, the best thing that will happen to the club will be the exit of wenger to give way to a new arsenal club with a different ideology.
it is obvious arsenal is one of the richest clubs in europe but wenger has soaked himself so much with pride in his intentions and claims to make history with youngstars and such a risk gamble are done at the detriments of the fans and club.
it is not on record that winning team will be changed without notice.
pride goes before a fall.
arsenal was on the winning lane with the likes of Edu of brazil, kanu, pires, ray parlour, bergkamp,patrick veira, sol campbell and  lauren but all of a sudden there came a flush and a replacement with the likes of toure, farbragas, ebua, danelson, johan, alidiera, poom, adebayo and a host of other strange and funny names. it will be nice to appreciate the fact that they are all wonderful boys but what happens to the almighty experiences needed within the 90minutes of play.
who is not ready to accept the fact that wenger went mad in selling veira 13.7 and buying walcot 15?
to u all who are arsenal for life, u can let the management know that i will be ever ready to take over from wenger and it is my promise to make a difference as i will be ready to spend their money on more experienced players who are winning conscious than entertainment .
the selling of henry perhalps in wenger's ideology will introduce 5 youngstars who will mature in the next 2 seasons so for u fans out there be ready to wait for th next two seasons
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by viee(f): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2007
!6.2M Pounds?
na wa ooooo

even Enyimba for afford am sef!
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2007
Its not the fact that he left bothers me .ok not entirely true sad

but for 16 million cry cry cry our captain . First it was Viera, cryPires cry then now him cry cry

God this hurts cry

Ok end of thread now . he has gone . i wish him [size=3pt]njuries[/size] well cry

young Guns i'll stick with you guys forever kiss

David Dein see what is happening now angry cry cry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Razorr(f): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2007
Mukina, stop crying o. The worst is yet to come. Something tells me that Wenger would soon leave too. There is something seriously wrong with that club at the moment. angry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Ugwumba(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2007
We should all wish Thierry well, for all the service to the Gunners and the Premiership. My only issue is that the price was low and we also have not tried to get any top notch striker for next season.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2007
thats right razorr,
wenger is prolly going to leave after next season. . .mite even be this season if things click well.

twould take 6 seasons to recover from the double jeopardy. . .

brace urselves gunners. . .
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 11:24am On Jun 23, 2007
Razorr .i am sick and tired of all the stories sef cry

I just hope Wenger stays and make big buys sad but he refused to sign angry plus TH 16 million cant get us a big buy angry 16 million am still in shock shockedcry cry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by justkunmi(m): 11:28am On Jun 23, 2007
someone needs to remind wenger that it is time he did away with his[b] young shall grow [/b] policy.
wat srsenal needs desperately now is a prolific goal monster in the likes of eto'o, torres or owen, . . .
and that means he needs to spread the cash around!!!!. . .

spend spend spend, mr wenger!!!
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2007
justkunmi:

someone needs to remind wenger that it is time he did away with his[b] young shall grow [/b] policy.
what srsenal needs desperately now is a prolific goal monster in the likes of eto'o, torres or owen,  . . .
and that means he needs to spread the cash around!!!!. . .

spend spend spend, mr wenger!!!

how will he spend when Henry got off for 16 million. you think Torres will want to come for that amount, even if we sold Reyes i dont think it will exceed 10 million sef sad

i have enough of this sef sad
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by akinalabi(m): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2007
Reports from the Nou Camp say that Barcelona
president has paid too much for Henry.

A player who will be 30 next month and who
scored just a few goals last season (although he
played few matches as well.)

William Balague, top spanish football analyst
revealed that arsenal had to calm Barca down
that Henry is quite fresh that he was resting for
most part of last season.

Barca didn't even want to pay that much.

Akin

=
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by otuonye(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2007
Although, I am an indigene of OLD TRAFFORD, I love the guy called Thiery Henry. He is too good to be hired for 16M pounds. Other players who are not even as good as he is earn higher than that.

Maybe, because of the rivalry between MAN UTD and ARSENANL, I do not think he would have been willing to play for MAN UTD. But in all, I do not think he deserves a low-key exit from the Gunners' camp [16M].

One more thing: Why does arsenal website not say anything about this? Are they trying to deny it? I think this story should be a headline on their site.

Jojo
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Razorr(f): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2007
Mukina, I don't know why you even choose to stick with this club of heartbreaks sef.  

Come and join the winning club jare!  grin

There would always be a blue shirt for you sweetheart!  kiss   kiss
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2007
Razorr:

Mukina, I don't know why you even choose to stick with this club of heartbreaks sef.  

Come and join the winning club jare!  grin

There would always be a blue shirt for you sweetheart!  kiss   kiss

I do not want to commit a crime o angry

i will kill someone angry

I do not support Arsenal because of Henry, so let him go, 16 million man angry angry at least cashley. showed us why he wanted to leave, but Henry is just a coward angry
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by dinozzo(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2007
Henry is gone, what can we do. I just hope it doesn't get worse from here on. The media are linking martins, owen and Anelka to us.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by tafari(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2007
soon, there will be mass movement of arsenal supporters/fans to barcelona because of henry!
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by dotdot(f): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2007
[b]Yep, thats very very true.Henry the Great finally leaves the Emirates for Barcelona.See the website below for more info

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6231950.stm

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=473439&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Club+statement+-+Transfer+of+Thierry+Henry

i guess Wenger might be leaving for Real Madrid as well. GOD save A[/b]rsenal.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by dinozzo(m): 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2007
tafari:

soon, there will be mass movement of arsenal supporters/fans to barcelona because of henry!
I'm a Gunner for life. Anyone who switches side is just a glory hunter and not a true fan.
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by viee(f): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2007
whats all this noise about?
the club is Arsenal Fc not Henry Fc for God sake!
haba!

this has been going on for too long!
i think it is even unsettln for the club

enuff abeg!

players come and go
and so does coaches!
haba!

transformation is a key element for sucess jare cool

na only d 16m, me i no understand
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by mukina2: 12:06pm On Jun 23, 2007
i see now its wenger rumours angry cant you people get a job angry

@ Tafari whoever wants to leave because of Th can do so angry

we still remain gunners  for life kiss
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by sunny4all(m): 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2007
DONT TELL ME THIS: IS IT TRUE nairaland USER'S ? TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE, IS A LIE AM STILL IN TEARS AS AN INDEGENE OF LONDON AND ANTI-ARSENAL, FOR THE GOOD OF FOOTBALL LET HIM GO
Re: At Last, Thierry Henry Is Off To Barca by Tornadoz(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2007
No big deal Henry leaving, the problem is Wenger. If Wenger stays we'll get a new "Henry" in no time.
I hope its £16,000,000 plus Eto

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Burnley Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 5th December 2018 / Northern Ireland Vs Germany: Euro 2016 (0 - 1) On 21st June 2016 / Nottingham Forest Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 30th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.