Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! (9007 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / US Announces New Visa Processing For Nigeria / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by wales(m): 6:31am On Mar 02, 2011
The United States Mission in Nigeria has introduced a new visa appointment system for non-immigrant visa interview appointments, with effect from March 1, 2011.

A statement issued on Tuesday by the Embassy said, “Applicants in Abuja and Lagos who wish to schedule a non-immigrant visa appointment should now do so via the new website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng - or through the assistance of a new call centre at 09-460-1748.”

While pointing out that the new visa appointment system replaced the former online appointment system managed by VFS Global, the statement said, “Previously, non-immigrant visa applicants in Nigeria paid both a $140 Machine Readable Visa fee and a VFS processing fee of 5800 Naira prior to their interviews. Now, all costs for using the appointment system, including scheduling and passport pickup, will be covered under the MRV fee, currently $140 for business and tourist visas and $150 for work visas.”

It further stated that all persons scheduling appointments under the new system after March 1 would need to pay the applicable visa fees at a branch of Guaranty Trust Bank first in order to book an appointment.

“Many applicants have already booked appointments in March and April 2011 through the VFS online appointment system at http://www.usa-vfsglobal-ng.com. The US Embassy and the US Consulate-General will continue to honour these appointments. Applicants, who already have a US visa appointment scheduled after March 1 through the current website should still appear for their interviews. At the time of their interviews, they will need to provide a visa fee receipt from either the United Bank for Africa or from GT Bank,” it said.

From March 1 to April 30, 2011, applicants who had already paid the MRV fee at UBA but had not yet scheduled an appointment, according to the statement, might still use valid UBA receipts to schedule appointments at the US Embassy. It said that after April 30, all applicants would require a GT Bank receipt to seek an appointment and apply for a US visa.

“Under the new system, passport pass-back will continue at VFS locations in Abuja and Lagos. In Lagos, there will be a new passport collection location in Ikeja for US Consulate-General Lagos applicants in addition to the Lekki location,” the statement added.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103023162817
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
Is there any advantage of this new system over the old one?
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by member67023: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^
wales:
“Previously, non-immigrant visa applicants in Nigeria paid both a $140 Machine Readable Visa fee and a VFS processing fee of 5800 Naira prior to their interviews. Now, all costs for using the appointment system, including scheduling and passport pickup, will be covered under the MRV fee, currently $140 for business and tourist visas and $150 for work visas.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103023162817
Read and note the difference.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by BUTONEDAY(m): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
I hope this new system will eliminate touts
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by ahf(m): 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
BUTONEDAY:

I hope this new system will eliminate touts

Were there ever touts in use?

New method
- eliminates the previous bank fees been charged
- allows online payment

Hopefully, positive progress.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by jesuojere(m): 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
Common sense dictate dat Wateva new system they introduce shd include refund for visa denial. any system dat does not include this is plain robbery. why shd u b made to pay visa fee when your visa is denied. Anyway Common sense is not dat common afterall especially whn it comes to money.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by nvo5(f): 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
jesu ojere:

Common sense dictate dat Wateva new system they introduce shd include refund for visa denial. any system dat does not include this is plain robbery.  why shd u b made to pay visa fee when your visa is denied. Anyway Common sense is not dat common afterall especially whn it comes to money.

there is nothing like refund when it comes to visa fee
na you wan travel.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by nethacker(m): 6:34pm On Mar 02, 2011
let them return d 5800 i paid in 2009 grin grin
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by tlops(m): 7:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
nethacker:

let them return d 5800 i paid in 2009 grin grin
u wish.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by Koikoi(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
Pls, educate me. I paid the visa fee on march 1st through GTBank but used the old system to book an interview appointment. I hope the interview will hold and I wont be disqualified?
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by lastpage: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2011
^^^^^Go and read the publication once AGAIN.
It says it WILL BE HONORED.
Stop the panic and READ first. wink

BTW: I sill think these Western Embassies are rogues.
Why take some peeps money when from day-1, you know you will not issue them with travel VISA?
it should be NO-VISA, NO-FEE. Period!

Any other excuse is a SCAM! Well, Oyinbo Scam!! grin grin
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by ddiamond(f): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2011
yes it sud be no visa no fee, that the simplest way oyinbo scams us,
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by cleverdude: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2011
@house, pls i need your help,I payed my MRV & VFS fees prior to 1st March,the start date on my I-20 is 22nd Aug. and I wish to attend my interview on the 1st of June,how can I do that without paying a new fee.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by lastpage: 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ETOBY72
Way To Spy On Any Cell Phone, Without Leaving Any Trace!
And it works on All Phones And Networks Including All Nigerian networks

Have you ever been curious as to what your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife is chatting about on their cell phone? Now you could listen in 100% completely undetected.

I hope you have read the "Computer Security & Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Bill " very well?

Wire Tapping & Unlawful Interception of Communications

Wire tapping, which in modern parlance is known as Lawful Interception, is described as the “ … monitoring of telephone and internet conversations by a third person, often by convert means”.

, under the Bill, IT IS UNLAWFUL for any person to intercept any communication without the authority of the Owner of the communication. A conviction for a breach of this provision is a fine of not less than N5Million or imprisonment for a period of not less than ten years or to both the fine and the term of imprisonment."
YOU WILL NOTICE THAT 10YRS IMPRISONMENT IS KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR grin grin wink

Am not saying you should not "do business", but dont do it "as usual" wink
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by cliveland: 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2011
will check difference later
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by seal777(m): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2011
MRV fee is previously valid for one yr ,how about under the new system. can those denied visa with the old system re apply using the UBA MRV receipt.
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by sssob: 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2011
hi seal can u tell me the process of applying for usa visa
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by Gbenge77(m): 2:53pm On Apr 06, 2011
seal777:

MRV fee is previously valid for one yr ,how about under the new system. can those denied visa with the old system re apply using the UBA MRV receipt.
www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by bebeto2014: 7:26pm On May 28, 2015
My name is mark, i am a pastor as a worker in the church and also working in a company where i receive 170000 per month, and i was given invitation to attend a world leader training conference in America, please what document will i submit to the America embassy, i am married and my marriage certificate is lost can i go with court affidavit . also the program is October, can i go for the interview next month, also in my passport i have been in Dubai, ivory coast and also i have valid malawi visa in my passport and i will be attending a conference malawi next 2 months, pls what wil i do? what document do i need to use to apply
Re: Us Embassy Unveils New Visa System ! by deri20: 1:29pm On May 29, 2015
Post your question in this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need A Visa To Visit Bangladesh? / Life In Ghana Compared To Nigeria (must Read) / World's Longest Non-Stop Flights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.