Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Leave The Office And Find Yourself - Great Tip From Artist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Leave The Office And Find Yourself - Great Tip From Artist (155 Views)

Enugu state Uni students Fetches water from the VC office,and the Gov is mute / See The Office Complex Of The President Of South Africa (PHOTOS) / My Experience In The Office Of UNILAG Professor- Dr. Ganiyat Tijani-adenle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leave The Office And Find Yourself - Great Tip From Artist by pulable: 12:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Today Nat Apanay (Nat Apanaeva) creates endless creative worlds, inspired by the potential of living beings and the multidimensionality of reality. A couple of years ago Nat worked as a senior architect in the office of the largest Moscow bureau, but gave up her career for the sake of her dream and true vocation.

We talked to Nat about how to dare to quit a prestigious job and start creating. Perhaps the artist's advice will inspire you to find your own path.

Stop is part of the process

Now I understand that the period of calm and fear that arose in my life after leaving a successful and well-paid job was good for me. I allowed myself to make mistakes, accept failed attempts and failures, love them and forgive myself (which turned out to be the most difficult). It is important not to scold yourself, but to be proud of yourself.

"I allowed myself to make mistakes, to accept unsuccessful attempts and failures, to love them and to forgive myself."

You can be respected and appreciated at work, and in the evening you will come home and scold yourself for doing something completely different from your business. But do not delay with inertia, which can lead to a vicious circle of doubt and uncertainty, even apathy. As soon as you gain strength, immediately go to practice, experiment more, find out your potential.

Find yourself where you lost

When the office was already choking me, and communication with the management brought nothing but stress, I started looking for ways to escape. And I found it. If you are afraid to stay literally hungry, then look at the professions close to your experience. I made a list of my strengths and those principles with which I do not want to negotiate in order to achieve the goal.

For a while, while you are looking for a "dream job" or rehearsing a new life, you will be able to support yourself as a freelancer or piecework by profession.

Do not deny yourself

Refusing to quit your job and change your life, you often explain this with the words “important”, “necessary”, “responsibly”. But in fact, you stopped loving yourself so much and became disillusioned that you stopped paying attention to your desires. But it is they who form the path. Start with the little things - what coffee to drink, what time to get up or go to bed, with whom to go to a meeting, and who to refuse. Listen only to yourself and allow yourself these little things. After all, it is desires that generate the generation of energy that we so need.

Sometimes you see wealthy adults, but there is emptiness in the eyes, the person is extinguished, burned out. This trigger has always worked very strongly for me - for example, Chuangdo Tang impressed me with his youthful appearance. His secret: "Just do what you want all your life."

Accumulate a "airbag" before leaving

I had a minimum amount for expenses: travel, food, utility bills, materials and tools for work - paints, canvases, brushes, a friend's garage as a workshop to start with. I didn't make big purchases. To be honest, they have ceased to exist in the matrix of my values. All these things became emptiness and nonsense for me. I spent only on what kept me alive, separating the husk and the excess.

https://dev.to/nitecodes/why-programmers-advise-listening-to-music-for-work-5lh
http://cs.astronomy.com/members/writing-music-on-a-computer/default.aspx

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Bias Against Some ICAN Courses? / Independence For Independence Day Baby / Nigeria As A Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.