Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT (8917 Views)

List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / The Numerical Digits That Cost Ambode 2019 Lagos State Governoship Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Chanchit: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2020
winterfell007:

Well then i must commend how well they've been able to raise revenue internally. What i don't want to see is how folks here in nairaland compare Lagos with other states. There shouldn't be any comparism. Compare ourselves with our peers abroad, that's how you measure progress.

At least, applaud them before taking them abroad. If all states in Nigeria be like Lagos, the development would have been way better. A one eyed man is the king in the land of the blind. So other states too should help Nigeria.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2020
Lagos

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by TLE900: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2020
If Lagos has surplus budget, why are 95% of Lagos roads not tarred, why can't Lagos state provide affordable homes for 75% of lagosians, why can't Lagos enjoy quality health care services in all its primary health care centers.
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1310661907813208065?s=19
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Firespitterz: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

Hate won't make you have sense. At least Lagos is declaring surplus, as Edo no be Lagos, they should do more. Abi?

Lagos is a shitty slum filled with angry yoruba thieves. I can't hate on shits

But This edo election pain una sha.. grin
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Mace0lane: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I am not igbo and I have never been to the south-east before in my life.
Indeed you be Pakistani.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by winterfell007(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

At least, applaud them before taking them abroad. If all states in Nigeria be like Lagos, the development would have been way better. A one eyed man is the king in the land of the blind. So other states too should help Nigeria.

All state can't be like Lagos because they don't have the commerce and population that Lagos has
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by grandstar(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

If yhu are doing far better without the FEDERAL ALLOCATION,
Why not donate the federal allocation to poorer states like OSUN, EKITI, ONDO, KOGI

Just suggest this to them now and watch how they tactically deny their own spreadsheets..

States don't do that.

Also, because you're buoyant today does not mean you can't be penniless tomorrow.

I'm sure the pandemic for instance starved Lagos state of revenue as there was close to no economic activity to tax during the lock down.

It is only pragmatic to have funds kept away for the rainy day

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Ajibel(m): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Realdeals:
Lagos State government should publish the statement of account publicly. I've only seen some northern state doing that every year.

The ministry of economic planning and budget has started doing something like that. It's on their website
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

If yhu are doing far better without the FEDERAL ALLOCATION,
Why not donate the federal allocation to poorer states like OSUN, EKITI, ONDO, KOGI

Just suggest this to them now and watch how they tactically deny their own spreadsheets..
WHAT DID THEY ELECT THEIR GOVERNORS FOR.WHAT A STUPID AND SENSELESS SUGGESTION.[i][/i]
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Chanchit: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2020
winterfell007:

All state can't be like Lagos because they don't have the commerce and population that Lagos has

But you want to compare Lagos to New York. God help your hate.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Chanchit: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2020
Firespitterz:

Lagos is a shitty slum filled with angry yoruba thieves. I can't hate on shits

But This edo election pain una sha.. grin

Mumu
How far? How's the Biafra business going?
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mace0lane:

Indeed you be Pakistani.

I was born in south-west and my father is from southwest today I am living in Sao Paulo Brazil
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Obamaofusa: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
winterfell007:

Well then i must commend how well they've been able to raise revenue internally. What i don't want to see is how folks here in nairaland compare Lagos with other states. There shouldn't be any comparism. Compare ourselves with our peers abroad, that's how you measure progress.

I support you,bro.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by laiperi: 1:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
New Yorkers, actually most Americans, say Love It Or Leave It.

If you guys hate Lagos so much, why are you still trooping in thousands every day?
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Starships4u(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mace0lane:

Have the London of Abia Ebonyi n Co submitted own allocation to Zamfara ? The foolish with which many of you hopeless Igbos comment like lunatics on NL is truly unimaginable.

How yhu call me IGBO or feel I am one is what beats my imagination...

Must we be this tribalistic in Nigeria
Pele Egbon.
Ke ma binu oh ejo.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Bifrost: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
The most corrupt state in Nigeria – Lagos.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Bifrost: 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
laiperi:
New Yorkers, actually most Americans, say Love It Or Leave It.

If you guys hate Lagos so much, why are you still trooping in thousands every day?

Chinese hate America, but Chinese are tripping into the US in thousands. Stfu
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by plaindealer: 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Eriokanmi:
All thanks to Ambode for not being ''DEMOCRATIC'' according to Tinubu and those who removed him simply because he refused to share the state's money with them but used same for various projects which were visible to the eyes. The billions must have gone down the drain by now. Ambode would have turned Lagos into an earthly paradise, had he been allowed to do the second term. Within 18 months, several projects had been delivered. I remember the Millennium bridge at Abule Egba which he said would be completed in 18 months but was delivered ahead of schedule. The 2 puppets who are now being democratic, are busy shouting covid-19 pandemic here and there, saying they spent between one hundred thousand and 1m treating just one covid-19 patient daily. Lagos needs deliverance from godfathers. That state is too rich to be poor.

How do you turn anything into a paradise by abandoning ongoing projects all over Lagos state?

How do you turn anything into paradise by not following laid down expo aka Lagos Masterplan?

How do you turn anything into paradise by dismantling the most efficient and advanced waste disposal and management system in West Africa, replacing it with a foreign company with zero waste management experience, zero waste management infrastructure on the ground, zero funds to operate and expand with and they turn around to give the company hundreds of billions of Lagos state money to start their business with from scratch at the expense of well established multi billion Naira LAWMA infrastructure and it's thousands of Nigerian workers?

How do you turn anything into paradise by letting the roads in Lagos roat and decay?

How do you turn anything into paradise by abandoning all the ongoing housing estates in Lagos for 4 years and never commissions 1 single completed room or apartment in Lagos when in fact his predecessor commissioned many housing estates all over the state?

How do you turn anything into paradise by abandoning the Lagos METRO RAIL for 4 years? Lagos should be generating funds from that project by now, but no thanks to Ambode for abandoning the project for 4 years.

Fashola within his first 4 years in office built power stations, he built waterworks, he build schools, hospitals, drivers institutes, skills centers, maternity centers, countless roads, bridges including still the best bridge in Nigeria, the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, parks, government facilities and so on.

Lagos Badagry expressway was abandoned for 4 years, a road that's actually very vital per the economy and development of Lagos state, a vital West Africa economic corridor that should be top priority, a massive undertaking put in place by his predecessor.

Sadly, Lagos had to regroup to finish that road, but they've lost 4 years needlessly and unnecessary.

Ambode set Lagos state back for many decades financially and infrastructurally.

The massive funds Lagos state is generating today and the reason for the budget surplus is all due to the financial machinery and reforms one man put in place, his vision and foresight made it possible for future governors from Fashola, Ambode and now Sanwo Olu to have massive funds to manage and develop Lagos with.

That man's vision turned Lagos from a poor state generating N500 million per month into a financial powerhouse generating 39 billion per month, more than 26 states in Nigeria combined,

That man is Tinubu. Without him, there won't be any massive IGR or the budget surplus we are talking about today.

Ambode was a disaster, a massive speed bump that slowed Lagos down for decades.

Lagosians didn't bother to save him and got rid of him for a reason, he failed miserably.

You obviously don't know anything about Lagos state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by plaindealer: 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
winterfell007:

Lagos state with the massive amount of money they are generating is by many standard still a poor state based on the scope of responsibilities and population.

Akwa Ibom and Rivers are actually the richest states in Nigeria because IGR or no IGR, they end up with massive allocations and IGR.

Rivers is the 2nd top IGR state after Lagos, they also collect huge amount in allocations on top of derivation and NDDC funds and their population is only 5 million.

These states should be far far ahead of Lagos state in so many ways.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by laiperi: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
Asslicker, you are going to die looking up to your slave masters. It your curse, nobody can change you.

Chinese spy, copy and flood America with cheap goods for their prospectrity. Going from famine to richest competitor of America in your lifetime.

While you suck up with your warped colo brain in your lifetime to become world's biggest porverty stricken country with used goods.

Bifrost:

Chinese hate America, but Chinese are tripping into the US in thousands. Stfu
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Bifrost: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
laiperi:
Asslicker, you are going to die looking up to your slave masters. It your curse, nobody can change you.

Chinese spy, copy and flood America with cheap goods for their prospectrity. Going from famine to richest competitor of America in your lifetime.

While you suck up with your warped colo brain in your lifetime to become world's biggest porverty stricken country with used goods.

Crybaby. Lagos is shit. A megaslum. That's my point. You're just crying all over Nairaland.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Eriokanmi: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
plaindealer:

How do you turn anything into a paradise by abandoning ongoing projects all over Lagos state?

How do you turn anything into paradise by not following laid down expo aka Lagos Masterplan?

How do you turn anything into paradise by dismantling the most efficient and advanced waste disposal and management system in West Africa, replacing it with a foreign company with zero waste management experience, zero waste management infrastructure on the ground, zero funds to operate and expand with and they turn around to give the company hundreds of billions of Lagos state money to start their business with from scratch at the expense of well established multi billion Naira LAWMA infrastructure and it's thousands of Nigerian workers?

How do you turn anything into paradise by letting the roads in Lagos roat and decay?

How do you turn anything into paradise by abandoning all the ongoing housing estates in Lagos for 4 years and never commissions 1 single completed room or apartment in Lagos when in fact his predecessor commissioned many housing estates all over the state?

How do you turn anything into paradise by abandoning the Lagos METRO RAIL for 4 years? Lagos should be generating funds from that project by now, but no thanks to Ambode for abandoning the project for 4 years.

Fashola within his first 4 years in office built power stations, he built waterworks, he build schools, hospitals, drivers institutes, skills centers, maternity centers, countless roads, bridges including still the best bridge in Nigeria, the Lekki Ikoyi bridge, parks, government facilities and so on.

Lagos Badagry expressway was abandoned for 4 years, a road that's actually very vital per the economy and development of Lagos state, a vital West Africa economic corridor that should be top priority, a massive undertaking put in place by his predecessor.

Sadly, Lagos had to regroup to finish that road, but they've lost 4 years needlessly and unnecessary.

Ambode set Lagos state back for many decades financially and infrastructurally.

The massive funds Lagos state is generating today and the reason for the budget surplus is all due to the financial machinery and reforms one man put in place, his vision and foresight made it possible for future governors from Fashola, Ambode and now Sanwo Olu to have massive funds to manage and develop Lagos with.

That man's vision turned Lagos from a poor state generating N500 million per month into a financial powerhouse generating 39 billion per month, more than 26 states in Nigeria combined,

That man is Tinubu. Without him, there won't be any massive IGR or the budget surplus we are talking about today.

Ambode was a disaster, a massive speed bump that slowed Lagos down for decades.

Lagosians didn't bother to save him and got rid of him for a reason, he failed miserably.

You obviously don't know anything about Lagos state.

In summary of your long storry, can you tell us who owns visionscape, the company forced on ambode to take over waste disposal in lagos state? You said ambode didn't follow lagos masterplan, how come he ordered hundreds of new BRT Buses you see today and expansion of oshodi-ikeja along up to abule egba and formed a BRT lane in-between? What of the world class bus terminal at odhodi. You must be kidding

Who's that single man you mentioned that put the structure in place? If Tinubu is the person you're referring to, you must be one of those who need deliverance for liberation and emancipation. Nobidy, I repeat...nobody in the history of Lagos state had built infrastructure like Pa Jakande. I had my primary and secondary education in Lagos so don't think you're talking to a stranger. Pa Jakande is the one who actually put those structures in place which nobody had matched or surpassed till date, including the rail road which he started as governor but was stopped by buhari in the 80s. What of housing estate?. He built the largest housing estate in africa in his time as governor with such a little amount of revenues at the state's disposal. What did tinubu do? Bred thugs, bought private jets with state's money, intimidating his opposition and sponsoring politics in other states with lagos money. I can't forget the "jeun soke and jeun sapo" days. He brought massive corruption to lagos which has now become a commonplace.

Ambode abandoned lagos masterplan you said... but in alimosho, he tarred over 50 roads. My elder brother lives at alagbado. He's a living witness. He constructed the millennium bridge at abule egba in less than 18 months. Agege bridge would have since been completed had he not been told to leave after his tenure.

You said the budget sirplus lagos is experiencing today was a result of an effort of a single man. You made me laugh. In the administration of fashola, was there a budget surplus? In Tinubu's administration, was there one? Ambode would probably remain the only governor who raised the fattest IGR in the history of lagos state. The budget surplus was his efforts. He promised this and fulfilled it without allowing people to pilfer it which made them to remove him and said he's not a democrat. Being a democrat is about embezzling and sharing public funds in lagos Whatever sanwoolu raises or achieves would start counting this year so nobody would have credited the budget surplus to him. He took office in May 2019 with no visible achievements to his credit so far apart from bulldozing roubdabouts. Whereas in ambode's less than one and half years in office, he had done wonders. Go to epe, you'd not believe your eyes same development was felt everywhere. I can see you're one of those who believes in saying babarere babakee to people. Reset your orientation bro. Work hard so the opposition doesn't take over lagos come 2023 because its obvious lagos isn't working. Bad roads , heaps of garbage dumps everywhere. That's what you get when you have puppets in the helms.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by laiperi: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Who cries for lost sheep like you? Your fate is already decided.

How can you clog up Lagos and turn it into slum and still complain?

Bifrost:

Crybaby. Lagos is shit. A megaslum. That's my point. You're just crying all over Nairaland.

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Firespitterz: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

Mumu
How far? How's the Biafra business going?

It's moving fine. How about your skull mining business in ogun? Hope it is moving fine my yaribanza mozlem terrorist frend grin
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Earnonline7: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
Really
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Chanchit: 5:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Firespitterz:

It's moving fine. How about your skull mining business in ogun? Hope it is moving fine my yaribanza mozlem terrorist frend grin

Igbos are always senseless in nature anyways. I know you are an ipob just by the way you comment and by your ever wrong assumptions. Well, I've never been to Ogun and I'm not a muslim.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Firespitterz: 7:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Chanchit:

Igbos are always senseless in nature anyways. I know you are an ipob just by the way you comment and by your ever wrong assumptions. Well, I've never been to Ogun and I'm not a muslim.

Sharap

See this abobaku ritual killer. You are denying your skull mining business you inherited from your fallen oduduwa lucifer. You are fooling your fellow yaribanza mozlem terrorists not me.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Chanchit: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Firespitterz:

Sharap

See this abobaku ritual killer. You are denying your skull mining business you inherited from your fallen oduduwa lucifer. You are fooling your fellow yaribanza mozlem terrorists not me.

Further replies would degrade me to your level. Bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Tackle Akpabio, Deny Receiving FG N1 Trillion Lifeline / SE Traders Disown Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu / Zamfara: Bandits "Unconditionally" Release 100 Persons After 42 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.